26 July 2012, 18:48
Patriarch Kirill visiting Kiev to mark 20th anniversary of Metropolitan Vladimir's service
Kiev, July 26, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia arrived for a three-day visit to Kiev on Thursday to mark the 20th anniversary of the service of Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine and an anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus.
"I would like to express my deep satisfaction and joy at the chance to be on the holy Ukrainian land again," the Patriarch told journalists at the Kiev airport.
He wished that "the Lord should help everyone to lead their life in a way that strengthens spiritual and moral values that we received from the Kievan Christianization font, fertilizes the people's life, and enables the people to motivate their deeds by great moral values contained in the Gospel."
The Patriarch hosted a conference of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church in Kiev on Thursday.
On Friday, the Patriarch is to conduct a prayer at the St. Vladimir's Hill near the monument to St. Vladimir, who is believed to adopt Christianity in Kievan Rus. Then a ceremony celebrating the 20th anniversary of Metropolitan Vladimir's service will take place at the Ukraina Palace.
On the evening of July 27, Patriarch Kirill will hold a prayer service on Sobornaya Square at the Kiev Laura of the Caves Monastery.
On July 28, when Ukraine and Russia celebrate the Christianization of the Kievan Rus, a divine liturgy service will take place on Sobornaya Square. After the service, Patriarch Kirill will lay flowers to the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and to the monument to the victims of the mass famine in Ukraine.
- Patriarch Kirill: We fight for justice in Syria 21 March 2018, 16:46
- Church official regrets that unlike Oxford and Harvard restoration of university churches in Russia provoke negative reaction 20 March 2018, 14:07
- Traveler Konuykhov plans to set up an Orthodox cross at the bottom of the Marianna Trench 20 March 2018, 13:13
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes western countries do not pay attention to the provoked by them exodus of Christians from the Middle East 19 March 2018, 21:06
- Patriarch Kirill: presidential elections showed unity of Russians around their national leader 19 March 2018, 17:59
- The whole world will lose from anti-Russian actions of the West, the Russian church official believes 15 March 2018, 16:51
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes not only Bulgaria, but all countries of the former Warsaw Pact tend to revising history 12 March 2018, 19:13
- Jewish scientist proves that main provisions of Kabbalah coincides with scientific view on universe 12 March 2018, 18:24
- The Russian Church doubts the decency of the Armenian priest who spoke against divine nature of the Holy Fire 12 March 2018, 16:58
- 21 Orthodox churches to open in Moscow this year 07 March 2018, 16:35
- Captain of the Russian ice hockey team visited the Sredneuralsky Monastery to thank God for victory 07 March 2018, 16:32
- Arab Spring sparked global religious extremism - Russian Security Council 07 March 2018, 12:57
- Searchers in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev related to possible illegal actions of certain citizens, rather than center itself - prosecutor's office 07 March 2018, 12:53
- Searches take place in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev 07 March 2018, 12:33
- Two religious extremists killed in northern Azerbaijan 07 March 2018, 12:30
- Patriarch Kirill: 50 Orthodox Churches recently taken over in Ukraine 01 March 2018, 18:40
- Russia seriously concerned about Christians' persecution in Middle East - Russian deputy FM 01 March 2018, 18:01
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Bulgaria in March 27 February 2018, 17:53
- Lavrov warns against involving Orthodox Churches in political games 22 February 2018, 13:35
- Tajik Salafis intending to join terrorists in Syria dressed up as women to escape police 22 February 2018, 11:25
- To eliminate ISIS on its territory is not enough, its cells remind about themselves in Russia - Metropolitan Hilarion 22 February 2018, 11:01
- Total of 20,500 Muslims from Russia could carry out hajj in 2018 21 February 2018, 11:28
- Clergy could do for countering terrorism in Dagestan more than security services - human rights council head 21 February 2018, 11:25
- Cat who lives at the main Crimean construction site grew fat eating pancakes on Russian Maslenitsa and will observe shrimp diet 20 February 2018, 14:16
- Women killed in Kizlyar to be buried on territory of church as martyrs 20 February 2018, 11:06
- Kizlyar shooting an attempt to pit Dagestan's people, religions against one another – Vasilyev 20 February 2018, 11:04
- 82% of Russians consider unacceptable jokes about the Church 19 February 2018, 17:23
- Investigators probing Kizlyar shooter's affiliation with extremist organizations – Peskov 19 February 2018, 14:02
- Kadyrov says shocked by Kizlyar church attack 19 February 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill sees shooting in Dagestan as provocation aimed at causing discord between Orthodox, Muslims 19 February 2018, 10:39