26 July 2012, 18:48
Patriarch Kirill visiting Kiev to mark 20th anniversary of Metropolitan Vladimir's service
Kiev, July 26, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia arrived for a three-day visit to Kiev on Thursday to mark the 20th anniversary of the service of Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine and an anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus.
"I would like to express my deep satisfaction and joy at the chance to be on the holy Ukrainian land again," the Patriarch told journalists at the Kiev airport.
He wished that "the Lord should help everyone to lead their life in a way that strengthens spiritual and moral values that we received from the Kievan Christianization font, fertilizes the people's life, and enables the people to motivate their deeds by great moral values contained in the Gospel."
The Patriarch hosted a conference of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church in Kiev on Thursday.
On Friday, the Patriarch is to conduct a prayer at the St. Vladimir's Hill near the monument to St. Vladimir, who is believed to adopt Christianity in Kievan Rus. Then a ceremony celebrating the 20th anniversary of Metropolitan Vladimir's service will take place at the Ukraina Palace.
On the evening of July 27, Patriarch Kirill will hold a prayer service on Sobornaya Square at the Kiev Laura of the Caves Monastery.
On July 28, when Ukraine and Russia celebrate the Christianization of the Kievan Rus, a divine liturgy service will take place on Sobornaya Square. After the service, Patriarch Kirill will lay flowers to the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and to the monument to the victims of the mass famine in Ukraine.
- African patriarch predicts great future to Orthodoxy on his continent 08 December 2017, 10:59
- OSCE should take principled stance on discrimination against Christians in Middle East, effectively defend their rights - Lavrov 08 December 2017, 10:21
- Over 120 churches were destroyed in Syria during the war - Patriarch John of Antioch 07 December 2017, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill pays special attention to inter-church relations between Russia and the USA on the background of complicated relations between the countries 07 December 2017, 17:53
- Russia may attend urgent OIC summit on Jerusalem as observer 07 December 2017, 15:10
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital the restoration of justice 07 December 2017, 12:02
- Patriarch Kirill invites American pilgrims to Russia 07 December 2017, 10:14
- Patriarch of Antioch thanks Lavrov for Russia's efforts to settle Syrian crisis 05 December 2017, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill hopes church division in Ukraine can be overcome 05 December 2017, 11:29
- Russia to help Christian, Muslim, Jewish refugees to return to Syria - Putin 05 December 2017, 10:41
- Head of "Kiev Patriarchate" ready to meet with Patriarch Kirill 04 December 2017, 11:42
- Moscow Patriarchate still open to dialogue with Filaret Denisenko - spokesperson 02 December 2017, 15:41
- Putin expects Russian Orthodox Church to continue cooperation with state 02 December 2017, 11:59
- Autocephaly is goal of Kiev Patriarchate - Filaret 01 December 2017, 19:00
- Anathema doesn't cause Filaret concern 01 December 2017, 18:56
- Putin hopes that Russian Orthodox Church will help intl efforts to revive Syria 01 December 2017, 18:23
- Old Believers of Moscow Patriarchate ask for own bishop 01 December 2017, 18:18
- Putin hopes that Russian Orthodox Church will help intl efforts to revive Syria 01 December 2017, 18:16
- Russian Jews insist that tsar killing not be called 'ritual killing' 01 December 2017, 18:12
- Dialogue on reconciliation with Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kiev Patriarchate was initiated by Russian Orthodox Church through its Church Abroad 01 December 2017, 17:46
- Filaret: Ukrainian church will never go back to Moscow Patriarchate 01 December 2017, 17:41
- Metropolitan Hilarion denies Filaret's letter to Kirill written on Moscow Patriarchate's initiative 01 December 2017, 15:00
- There are no plans for meeting between Patriarch Kirill and head of "Kiev patriarchate" - Metropolitan Hilarion 01 December 2017, 14:58
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church denies that Filaret's letter to Patriarch Kirill contained request for autocephaly 01 December 2017, 14:55
- "Kiev Patriarchate"'s spokesperson rejects info on Filaret's repentance letter with Russian Orthodox Church's Bishops' Council 30 November 2017, 22:17
- "Kiev Patriarchate"'s leader Filaret asks Patriarch Kirill to pardon him, bring him back to church's fold 30 November 2017, 22:13
- Putin to deliver speech at Bishops' Council on Friday 30 November 2017, 17:49
- Tashkent imam proposes death penalty for extremists 30 November 2017, 11:41
- Putin discusses Orthodox Church's contribution to consolidation of society, ethnic peace 30 November 2017, 10:20
- Russian Church will help Syria all it can with post-war problems - Patriarch Kirill 30 November 2017, 10:18