21 June 2012, 14:50
Zyuganov compares Lenin's mausoleum to Qaaba, the Wailing Wall and the Cathedral of Christ the Savior
Moscow, June 21, Interfax - Communist leader Gennady Zyuganov sharply criticizes Russian Culture Minister Vladimir Medinsky for initiative to rebury Lenin's body.
"We're lingering over topics of various demolitions and transfers. And to raise at people's shrines is a very dangerous thing," Zyuganov says in his open letter titled "The Minister of Vulgarity."
The Communist leader urged to think what would happen if Muslims learned that Qaaba in Mecca would be transferred to another place or Jews in Jerusalem found out that "mad from big money "sportsmen" decided to use the sacred Wailing Wall for training, or recent example when the Orthodox Church in response to desecration of its shrines led out about half million believers to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior on April 22.
"And for many citizens of our country both the Mausoleum and the Pantheon at the Kremlin wall have always been a shrine. Over 12 million citizens actively support the Communist Party by their actions and electoral bulletins. Majority of people share our key ideas and program provisions. Lenin's name is sacred for them," the letter reads.
According to some experts, the Mausoleum on Red Square in downtown Moscow is a copy of Sumerian ziggurates where occult rituals were held. A pyramid is also masons' occult symbol and some specialists believe that Soviets adopted some symbols and degrees of initiation from them.
- The Georgian Church against legalizing marijuana 25 June 2018, 17:10
- Russian LGBT activists contest in ECHR bans on gay pride parades in 118 cities 25 June 2018, 14:58
- The Museum of Ball opened in Sochi is decorated with frescoes painted by church artists 20 June 2018, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of UN Secretary-General to harmful for humanity consequences of giving up traditional morals 20 June 2018, 17:10
- Patriarch Kirill urges UN Secretary-General to help Middle Eastern Christians return home 20 June 2018, 16:51
- Polygamy banned in Turkmenistan 19 June 2018, 17:01
- Foundation stone to the Church of Holy Doctor the Passion-Bearer Eugeny Botkin laid in the Urals 19 June 2018, 13:33
- Helicopter with the Icon of the Mother of God flew over all WC-2018 objects in Saransk 19 June 2018, 13:06
- A church was built in native village of the first female cosmonaut to mark the 55th anniversary of her flight 18 June 2018, 12:46
- Church and Russian Health Ministry to chair the program of helping Syrian children 18 June 2018, 12:29
- Several thousand people participated in parade organized by LGBT activists in downtown Kiev 18 June 2018, 10:53
- The Ukrainian church schism legalization to cut into parts body of global Orthodoxy - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 June 2018, 10:34
- Moscow Patriarchate surprised by Patriarch Bartholomew's words that people of Ukraine are outside canonical Church 18 June 2018, 10:26
- Best player of Russia - Saudi Arabia match thanked God for the victory 15 June 2018, 17:01
- Football World Cup can close up people, mufti Tajuddin believes 15 June 2018, 15:00
- The holy relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov are brought to Oxford 15 June 2018, 10:27
- Putin lauds Russian Muslim communities' role in maintaining interethnic, interfaith peace 15 June 2018, 10:02
- Rahmon calls on Tajik people to display political vigilance, have modest feasts on Eid al-Fitr 14 June 2018, 15:04
- Russia's synagogues are ready to meet 10,000 Jewish football fans 13 June 2018, 18:34
- Orthodox believers pray before the Hong Kong Icon of the Mother of God for the future of the Church in China 13 June 2018, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes success to Russian football team 13 June 2018, 16:11
- Nazarbayev invites pope to Astana for congress of religions 07 June 2018, 18:35
- Head of Byelorussian Ministry of Interior about LGBT: they won't go anywhere 07 June 2018, 16:54
- Russian priest stands for sobriety during Football World Cup 07 June 2018, 14:36
- Icons loaned to Lankton's museum in U.S. returned to Russia - Culture Ministry 06 June 2018, 18:07
- Russian Foreign Ministry condemns terror attack against Muslim clerics in Kabul 06 June 2018, 17:48
- Dodon stresses importance of Orthodoxy among Moldavia’s national priorities 06 June 2018, 14:43
- Investigators estimate price of icons, which weren't returned to Russia from U.S., at about 26 mln rubles 05 June 2018, 18:16
- Russian court arrests owner of U.S. museum of Russian icons in absentia, issues int'l arrest warrant 05 June 2018, 18:14
- Constantinople Patriarchate official to discuss Ukrainian Church's future in Georgia 05 June 2018, 18:10