12 May 2012, 10:29
The Church warns: total tolerance will deprive people of freedom of word and turn them in guided mechanisms
Moscow, May 12, Interfax - The Russian Church official believes that absolute tolerance can make a person lose freedom and individuality.
"Tolerance in its absolute development is a death for freedom of word, freedom of thought, morality, turning a person in a mechanism with preset functions," head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said at a presentation of the book The Cruel Tolerance in Moscow.
The priest reminded that UNESCO in its Declaration of Principles on Tolerance 1995 officially urged to accept any ways of displaying human individuality and refuse absolutization of truth, and stressed that such a principle opposes not only God's law, but human conscience as well.
"They try to deprive us of the very right to judge what is good and what is bad, what is truth and what is lie," he said.
Authors of The Cruel Tolerance tried to predict what consequences the idea of tolerance can have if it is brought to absurdity. For instance, unisex marriages prevail in the world described in their tales, while a traditional family is considered an outdated anachronism.
One of the book inspirers, Orthodox human rights advocate Roman Silantyev said at the presentation that "people intolerant to pluralism are most often appeared to be protectors of the so-called tolerance."
He explained that advocates of sexual minorities rights categorically refused to consider the right of naturals to insist on observing traditional family values in society.
Head of the Civilizations Interaction Foundation Rakhamim Emanuilov who supported the book is concerned that the idea of sexual differences is relegated to the backgrounds.
According to him, it is not by chance that modern standard of female beauty "lacks female forms, which aim at reproducing." Emanuilov believes that such a tendency is in tune with promoting homosexual unions.
- Ukrainian hackers attack website of Russian Orthodox Church's external relations dept 01 July 2022, 14:40
- Federal Penitentiary Service, which used to carry out death penalty, opposes its reintroduction 30 June 2022, 21:37
- Lavrov thanks the Jewish Museum of Moscow for carefully preserving the memory of important pages of history 30 June 2022, 11:37
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls Belarus a truly sovereign state 06 June 2022, 12:52
- Process of transfer of Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem to Russia to be completed in foreseeable future - Russian FM 03 June 2022, 19:51
- Friendship of Slavic peoples to stand test of time - Patriarch Kirill 02 June 2022, 10:00
- Lavrov, OIC secretary general discuss causes of escalation in int'l relations 01 June 2022, 10:00