12 May 2012, 10:29
The Church warns: total tolerance will deprive people of freedom of word and turn them in guided mechanisms
Moscow, May 12, Interfax - The Russian Church official believes that absolute tolerance can make a person lose freedom and individuality.
"Tolerance in its absolute development is a death for freedom of word, freedom of thought, morality, turning a person in a mechanism with preset functions," head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said at a presentation of the book The Cruel Tolerance in Moscow.
The priest reminded that UNESCO in its Declaration of Principles on Tolerance 1995 officially urged to accept any ways of displaying human individuality and refuse absolutization of truth, and stressed that such a principle opposes not only God's law, but human conscience as well.
"They try to deprive us of the very right to judge what is good and what is bad, what is truth and what is lie," he said.
Authors of The Cruel Tolerance tried to predict what consequences the idea of tolerance can have if it is brought to absurdity. For instance, unisex marriages prevail in the world described in their tales, while a traditional family is considered an outdated anachronism.
One of the book inspirers, Orthodox human rights advocate Roman Silantyev said at the presentation that "people intolerant to pluralism are most often appeared to be protectors of the so-called tolerance."
He explained that advocates of sexual minorities rights categorically refused to consider the right of naturals to insist on observing traditional family values in society.
Head of the Civilizations Interaction Foundation Rakhamim Emanuilov who supported the book is concerned that the idea of sexual differences is relegated to the backgrounds.
According to him, it is not by chance that modern standard of female beauty "lacks female forms, which aim at reproducing." Emanuilov believes that such a tendency is in tune with promoting homosexual unions.
- Courts extends detention of 3 managers of Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia, all charged with setting up extremist organization 26 November 2020, 20:11
- Amendments to Russian Family Code affirming supremacy of Constitution, 'moral fundamentals' over int'l law pass 1st reading in State Duma 26 November 2020, 16:08
- Jehovah's Witnesses Detained in Russia charged with setting up extremist organization, Investigative Committee requests their arrest - court 26 November 2020, 16:06
- Rabbi Lazar rejected accusations of Jewish communities in irresponsible attitude to the pandemic 26 November 2020, 15:19
- Russian expert sees danger in Turkey's aspiration to become Islamic world leader 26 November 2020, 14:53
- Rostov-on-Don court sentences leader of Aum Shinrikyo, banned in Russia, to 15 years in high-security penitentiary 26 November 2020, 13:24
- Lawyers appeal extension of custody for Church of Last Testament founder, 2 other defendants 25 November 2020, 20:09
- Russian Orthodox Church appreciates Cypriot bishops who refuse to recognize new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 18:45
- Church of Cyprus's Synod supports recognition of new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 16:03
- Jehovah's Witnesses' activities still banned in Russia - Peskov 25 November 2020, 12:51
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11
- Metropolitan Hilarion speaks of risks of start of third world war 16 November 2020, 11:09
- Russian Orthodox Church expects Biden to stop supporting abortion, sex change operations 16 November 2020, 10:49
- Spiritual Muslim Board of Russia denies existence of overwhelming support for ban on marrying non-Muslim women 11 November 2020, 19:21
- Novosibirsk court outlaws Khakassia branch of Chinese sect Falun Gong for first time in Russia 10 November 2020, 15:32
- Coronavirus-induced self-isolation helps reduce ethnic and religious violence - human rights activist 10 November 2020, 10:23
- Moscow religious organizations have weak influence on local migrants - mufti 10 November 2020, 10:21