05 April 2012, 15:57
Archdeacon Kurayev says he was joking when "recommended" to disrupt Madonna's concert in St. Petersburg
*** He offers to refuse Madonna entry to Russia
Moscow, April 5, Interfax - Renowned missionary Archdeacon Andrey Kurayev says that his words at a meeting with youth and deputies in St. Petersburg regarding Madonna's concert in the "northern capital" were a joke.
"MP Milonov asked me: "What an a normal person should do in relation to Madonna who said that she would come to Petersburg to promote homosexuality?" I answered: "A normal person calls the Federal Security Service and says: "I have the information that militants from New Guinea planted a bomb in the concert hall," Father Andrey told Interfax-Religion on Thursday.
According to the archdeacon, "I mentioned New Guinea on purpose, to make it clear that it was a joke," however many mass media took Father Andrey's words seriously.
At the same time, the interviewee of the agency said that he would disrupt Madonna's performance "with pleasure."
He reminded that St. Petersburg law envisaging administrative punishment for promoting homosexuality and pedophilia among the underaged entered into force.
"If a person says beforehand that he or she goes to a certain city to violate a local law then I believe the most proper formal reaction is to turn to the Foreign Ministry urging not to issue entry visa," the professor stressed.
It was earlier reported that Madonna's concert is planned for August 9. The singer wrote in the Facebook about her plans to refer to violated rights of lesbian and community in connection with the law adopted in the "northern capital" that foresees an administrative punishment for promoting homosexuality and pedophilia among the underaged.
The author of this law, deputy Vitaly Milonov told Interfax that "if Madonna or anyone of the concert organizers violate the city law they will be punished: the singer can be fined for 5 thousand rubles and organizers can lose up to half million rubles."
- Russian Church receives the first state certificate of registration in Africa 04 July 2022, 20:44
- Patriarch Kirill thinks no one can reformat Russia 04 July 2022, 17:11
- Mufti Tajuddin believes that no problem in the world can be solved without Russia 04 July 2022, 14:25
- Almost 20 people held during anti-LGBT protest in Tbilisi 04 July 2022, 10:02
- Ukrainian hackers attack website of Russian Orthodox Church's external relations dept 01 July 2022, 14:40
- Federal Penitentiary Service, which used to carry out death penalty, opposes its reintroduction 30 June 2022, 21:37
- Lavrov thanks the Jewish Museum of Moscow for carefully preserving the memory of important pages of history 30 June 2022, 11:37
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21