29 October 2010, 12:46
Jehovah's Witnesses refusal from blood transfusion killed 18 people in Russia, though doctors could have saved them
Moscow, October 29, Interfax - Refusal of the Jehovah Witnesses from blood transfusion killed 18 people including eight children, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily writes citing the examples of such deaths.
Two criminal cases on children deaths have already been initiated: criminal case in Kogalym was the first in Russia, and in October the same case was instituted in Moscow.
Mother of the child who died in Kogalym does not accept she is guilty.
"I wanted better treatment for him! I told the doctors: "Blood is not a medicine! People only get infected from blood!" the edition quotes her as saying.
After initiating a criminal case in Kogalym, the Prosecutor Office searched the cottage of local community and confiscated a prohibited book there: earlier, the court recognized some editions of the Jehovah's Witnesses extremist for speaking against other religions.
There was an attempt to deprive this mother of parental rights on her elder son, but school teachers stood for her as their pupil is well-cared-for, wins sport competitions and his mother does not take him to religious organizations or imply religious bans.
Everything that threatens the woman on the criminal case is a year of prison, but most likely she will be punished with a fine.
- Georgian patriarch unable to attend 100th anniversary of Patriarchate restoration in Moscow 24 November 2017, 18:58
- Putin tells Egyptian leader of readiness to increase cooperation on counterterrorism 24 November 2017, 18:05
- Patriarch of Georgia tells the name of his locum tenens 24 November 2017, 17:18
- Share of halal production in poultry export from Russia will reach 75-80% in two-three years - expert 24 November 2017, 16:47
- Patriarch Kirill urges to cultivate decisive negation of revolutions and civil conflicts 24 November 2017, 13:44
- Religious radicalism in CIS countries threatens Central Asian security - Patrushev (updated) 22 November 2017, 15:52
- Russian Orthodox Church Bishops' Council to discuss authenticity of imperial family remains (updated) 22 November 2017, 14:23
- Russia - Islamic World group to meet in Saudi Arabia in 2018 22 November 2017, 13:39
- West's atheization worse than what happened in USSR - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2017, 10:18
- Patriarch Kirill tells Anglican leader about Ukraine's religious freedom violations 21 November 2017, 18:14
- Medvedev notes Patriarch Kirill's efforts in consolidating multi-million-person Russian world 21 November 2017, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill calls on film, stage industry not to rock boat of human passions 21 November 2017, 10:00
- Nikita Belykh allowed church wedding in detention 20 November 2017, 17:38
- Million signatures for protecting children from the moment of conception will be conveyed to the Kremlin administration 20 November 2017, 16:30
- Patriarch of Georgia will baptize 670 children on St. George Day 20 November 2017, 16:28
- Jewish leader thanks Patriarch Kirill on his birthday for "colossal" contribution to developing inter-religious relations 20 November 2017, 16:26
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24