27 July 2010, 16:58
Orthodox human rights advocate welcomes decision to refuse homosexual movement in registration
Moscow, July 27, Interfax - The Human Rights Center of the World Russian People's Council (WRPC) welcomes principal position of the Russian Justice Ministry Chief Administration in Moscow as it refused to register homosexual movement for equal rights in marriage.
In its letter of exemption, the Chief Administration said that movement founding documents contradict to the country's legislation. The Moscow Gagarinsky Court confirmed the refusal is legal on July 20.
The movement founder and organizer of Moscow gay prides Nikolay Alexeyev intends to dispute the decision in the European Human Rights Court, Gay Gorod website reported. Representatives of the Justice Ministry explained Alexeyev that a marriage can be registered only between people of different sex while organizations urging to change the acting legislation cannot be registered.
"WRPC Human Rights Center backs up the decision of the Russian Justice Ministry Chief Administration in Moscow and the Gagarinsky Court as they have securely blocked the ongoing expansion of sexual minorities to the capital. Meanwhile, we can't help our concerns for ongoing attempts to destroy the very notion of traditional family and equal to a marriage unnatural union of a woman with women or of a man with other men or of people and animal," the Center director Roman Silantyev told Interfax.
According to him, any peaceful coexistence between advocates and opponents of "sexual perversions" is impossible and "western experience shows that gays and lesbians not only seek equal rights with advocates of traditional lifestyle, but try to impose their ideas on them and ban any critics of their convictions."
"It's quite revealing that the Gagarinsky Court took its decision at the time when the USA faces a booming scandal with Jennifer Keeton, a student of the Augusta University (Georgia), who was prevented from expressing a Christian outlook on homosexuality by the University authorities and instructed to work on broader interaction with people of non-traditional sexual orientation and even visit gay prides," the interviewee of the agency stressed.
According to Silantyev, the principal position of authorities makes it impossible to realize in Russia "such wild scenarios when sexual perverts discriminate believers".
- Ukrainian hackers attack website of Russian Orthodox Church's external relations dept 01 July 2022, 14:40
- Federal Penitentiary Service, which used to carry out death penalty, opposes its reintroduction 30 June 2022, 21:37
- Lavrov thanks the Jewish Museum of Moscow for carefully preserving the memory of important pages of history 30 June 2022, 11:37
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls Belarus a truly sovereign state 06 June 2022, 12:52
- Process of transfer of Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem to Russia to be completed in foreseeable future - Russian FM 03 June 2022, 19:51
- Friendship of Slavic peoples to stand test of time - Patriarch Kirill 02 June 2022, 10:00
- Lavrov, OIC secretary general discuss causes of escalation in int'l relations 01 June 2022, 10:00