17 May 2010, 14:19
Third Slavic gay pride parade to be held in St. Petersburg next year
St. Petersburg, May 17, Interfax - The third Slavic gay pride parade will take place in St. Petersburg next year, the parade organizing committee said on Monday.
"The Russia-Belarus organizing committee has approved the affiliation of St. Petersburg gays and the holding of the next Slavic gay pride parade in St. Petersburg," a report from the organizing committee said.
The parade will take place sometime in mid-May 2011. The precise date will be announced later.
The first Slavic gay pride parade was held on Moscow Vorobyovy Gory on May 16, 2009, where the police detained about 40 activists.
The second Slavic gay pride parade was held in Minsk on Saturday. The police arrested eight participants in the unauthorized event. The parade's organizers said that two St. Petersburg residents arrested in the Minsk parade were still in custody pending trial.
- Russian Orthodox Church supports ban on foreigners using surrogacy services 11 June 2021, 16:32
- Surrogacy to remain available to Russian citizens - Duma's Piskaryov 11 June 2021, 15:55
- Bill banning foreigners from using surrogacy services in Russia submitted to State Duma 11 June 2021, 15:54
- The northernmost monastery in the world left without electricity 11 June 2021, 15:43
- Almost 5,000 Russian Orthodox Church clergymen in Russia have had Covid-19 10 June 2021, 15:11
- Rabbi Lazar believes big money can cause big problems 07 June 2021, 18:29
- Court prolongs arrest of former schema-hegumen Sergy until end of summer 07 June 2021, 17:51
- Putin signs law temporarily barring persons associated with extremist organizations from being elected 04 June 2021, 15:27
- Jewish leader of Russia concerned of increasing glorification of the Nazis in Ukraine 04 June 2021, 14:19
- Criminal case of organizing activities of extremist organization opened against 2 Jehovah's Witnesses members in Lipetsk Region 03 June 2021, 12:37
- Russian Deputy FM discusses in Vatican situation in Middle East, Ukraine, inter-church dialogue 03 June 2021, 10:00
- Roskomnadzor warns Disney Channel over film with gay protagonist 28 May 2021, 22:09
- Russian LGBT Network press secretary arrested for 10 days for repeat violation of rallies regulations 28 May 2021, 22:07
- Court extends arrest of former Ural schema-hegumen Sergy for another month 27 May 2021, 10:00
- Ural court rules diocese has property right over buildings of convent where former schema hegumen Sergy lived 26 May 2021, 18:56
- Five Jehovah's Witnesses get suspended prison sentences in Moscow Region 26 May 2021, 17:20
- Russian Orthodox Church sees no unconditional authorities in today's society in Russia 26 May 2021, 16:02
- Russian Patriarch Kirill views interference in church affairs for political purposes as crime 26 May 2021, 10:00
- The Russian Church official claims new seizures of UOC churches were connected with Blinken’s visit to Kiev 24 May 2021, 19:00
- Russian Foreign Ministry rejects USA accusations of non-observing religious freedom 24 May 2021, 16:51
- Putin notes Patriarch Kirill's contribution to strengthening traditional values in congratulatory telegram 24 May 2021, 16:49
- Patriarch Kirill calls Rus heir of Byzantium 24 May 2021, 16:35
- Patriarchal exarch of the South-East Asia tells about interest of local people to Orthodoxy 21 May 2021, 17:51
- Vaccination not sin - Russian Orthodox Church 21 May 2021, 10:00
- Current Russophobia on the West roots in Crusaders’ PR, a historian believes 19 May 2021, 16:24
- Investigation of ex-Urals schema-monk Sergy's criminal case completed 19 May 2021, 09:27
- Russian Orthodox Church proposes setting up system to filter Russophobic content online 18 May 2021, 10:01
- Kazan school shooting caused by absence of religious education - Patriarch Kirill 17 May 2021, 18:19
- Action of solidarity with Israel to be held in Moscow Memorial Synagogue 14 May 2021, 15:56
- Russian Health Ministry notes substantial decline in abortions 14 May 2021, 15:06