02 December 2005, 13:36
Archbishop of Thyateira: Patriarchate of Constantinople grants exclusive recognition to the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox church
Kiev, December 2, Interfax - The Patriarchate of Constantinople 'grants exclusive recognition to the canonical Ukrainian orthodox church' headed by Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine, archbishop Gregorios of Thyateira and Great Britain who represented Patriarch Bartholomew at the recent 70th jubilee of the UOC primate, said.
Interfax got this information from press service of the Ukrainian church which is preparing a set of interviews given in Kiev by representatives of the Orthodox churches throughout the world.
A hierarch of the Patriarchate of Constantinople denounced the transfer of the see of the Ukrainian greek catholics from Lvov to Kiev and underscored that Bartholomew I assessed these actions as 'proselytic'. The archbishop said further that the Patriarchate of Constantinople sides with the Orthodox church in Ukraine in its pain caused by proselytic activities of the uniates and protestants, and also by the current schisms.
Head of the Greek diocese in Great Britain emphasized that the restoration of church unity was possible only 'through repentance' as 'the canons are the guideline which helps the church take correct decisions'.
As to the restitution of church property in Ukraine, archbishop Gregorios pointed out that 'state leaders and politicians should find a reasonable solution so that the things that are Caesar's be rendered to Caesar and to God the things that are God's' and added that 'the Church is the mother of all people.'
The guest conveyed Patriarch Bartholomew's wish to Metropolitan Vladimir for all ecclesiastical problems to be solved as soon as possible. 'He has the strength with his experience and wisdom, with support of laymen and clergy and in cooperation with the president and government to fulfil this task', the archbishop said.
- Kremlin expects Israel to remain committed to decision on Alexander Metochion's handover 09 April 2020, 18:45
- Russian Muslim board allows burying coronavirus victims without ablution 09 April 2020, 15:03
- Russian clergy drive through New York with the cross against coronavirus 09 April 2020, 13:36
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan recovered from coronavirus and plans a charity concert in Moscow cathedral 09 April 2020, 12:27
- Putin congratulates Jews on Pesach 09 April 2020, 11:58
- Russia to seek return of Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem in court - Stepashin 08 April 2020, 18:48
- The unemployed man detained in St. Petersburg for making inscription about coronavirus on a church wall 08 April 2020, 15:16
- About 80,000 Jewish families in Russia received a set of Kosher food on Pesach 08 April 2020, 14:53
- Patriach Kirill urges to consider the pandemic a chance to change for the better 08 April 2020, 11:11
- About 80 tons of matzo were delivered free for Pesach in Russia 06 April 2020, 19:35
- Four Moscow clergymen diagnosed with coronavirus, 4 suspected of having it - patriarchate 06 April 2020, 19:13
- Oldest synagogue in Russia celebrates its 140th anniversary 06 April 2020, 17:40
- Clerics hold air processions with cross against coronavirus above Volgograd and Kuzbass 06 April 2020, 15:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges believers to sturdily face all "temporary difficulties" 03 April 2020, 18:07
- Patriarch Kirill going around Moscow with icon to rid people of coronavirus 03 April 2020, 17:47
- Almost all members of the Moscow Jewish Community recovered from Covid-19 03 April 2020, 17:10
- Russian Orthodox Church considers untimely forecasts about the form of Easter celebrations 03 April 2020, 16:43
- Heads of Jewish communities around the world urge to exchange words of support on the eve of Pesach 03 April 2020, 14:00
- One more Russian Orthodox metropolitan carries out air procession with cross against coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:34
- Head of the Byelorussian Orthodox Church to fly along the country’s borders with relics and prayers to stop coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:32
- About 20 members of Jewish community of Russia hospitalized with coronavirus suspected 02 April 2020, 16:05
- Moscow rabbi recovers from coronavirus 01 April 2020, 17:09
- Patriarch to go around Moscow with icon of Our Lady to rid people of coronavirus 01 April 2020, 13:24
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08