02 December 2005, 13:36
Archbishop of Thyateira: Patriarchate of Constantinople grants exclusive recognition to the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox church
Kiev, December 2, Interfax - The Patriarchate of Constantinople 'grants exclusive recognition to the canonical Ukrainian orthodox church' headed by Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine, archbishop Gregorios of Thyateira and Great Britain who represented Patriarch Bartholomew at the recent 70th jubilee of the UOC primate, said.
Interfax got this information from press service of the Ukrainian church which is preparing a set of interviews given in Kiev by representatives of the Orthodox churches throughout the world.
A hierarch of the Patriarchate of Constantinople denounced the transfer of the see of the Ukrainian greek catholics from Lvov to Kiev and underscored that Bartholomew I assessed these actions as 'proselytic'. The archbishop said further that the Patriarchate of Constantinople sides with the Orthodox church in Ukraine in its pain caused by proselytic activities of the uniates and protestants, and also by the current schisms.
Head of the Greek diocese in Great Britain emphasized that the restoration of church unity was possible only 'through repentance' as 'the canons are the guideline which helps the church take correct decisions'.
As to the restitution of church property in Ukraine, archbishop Gregorios pointed out that 'state leaders and politicians should find a reasonable solution so that the things that are Caesar's be rendered to Caesar and to God the things that are God's' and added that 'the Church is the mother of all people.'
The guest conveyed Patriarch Bartholomew's wish to Metropolitan Vladimir for all ecclesiastical problems to be solved as soon as possible. 'He has the strength with his experience and wisdom, with support of laymen and clergy and in cooperation with the president and government to fulfil this task', the archbishop said.
- Over 100 tons of matzo produced in Russia on the eve of Passover 18 April 2019, 18:02
- Patriarch Kirill sends condolences over the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral 18 April 2019, 13:30
- Bortnikov warns about 1,500 trained Islamist terrorists returning to Europe 18 April 2019, 13:21
- FSB director says concerned about anti-Islamic terrorism, psycho killers 18 April 2019, 11:36
- Russian Church about Notre Dame fire: the world will never be the same 17 April 2019, 11:19
- Kremlin announces readiness to send Russian specialists to help restore Notre Dame in Paris 16 April 2019, 12:32
- Parishioners return to the restored Armenian church in Aleppo 16 April 2019, 12:06
- Russian Culture Ministry to propose organizing fundraiser to help restore Paris' Notre Dame 16 April 2019, 12:02
- Putin offers sympathy over Notre Dame Cathedral fire, offers sending best Russian specialists to Paris – Kremlin 16 April 2019, 12:00
- Russian Orthodox priest believes "real men" exist only in the Special Forces 15 April 2019, 17:40
- Lavrov, Patriarch Kirill discuss church crisis in Ukraine, Christian presence in Middle East 15 April 2019, 10:51
- Peter the Great's charter by which he appoints Metropolitan of Kiev delivered to Ukraine from Germany 15 April 2019, 10:50
- Crosses dismantled in Kuropaty have nothing to do with perpetuation of memory of Stalinist-era victims - Belarusian Ministry of Forestry 12 April 2019, 09:15
- Tajik court sentences former functionary of prohibited Islamic party to 15 years in prison 10 April 2019, 14:19
- Passover to prevent Jews from voting on April 21 "before star-rise" - Ukraine's chief rabbi 09 April 2019, 19:05
- Kiev court finds involuntary renaming of canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church to be unlawful 08 April 2019, 10:56
- Synod conducts rotation of Patriarch Kirill's vicars 05 April 2019, 15:44
- Beautification works, dismantling of illegally erected crosses underway at Kuropaty 05 April 2019, 10:47
- Rabbi Lazar thanks Putin for his help in returning home Israeli soldier's remnants 04 April 2019, 19:01
- Head of OCU congratulates NATO on anniversary, calls to protect freedom from evil together 04 April 2019, 15:33
- Religious communities in Russia begin joint efforts for restoring schools in Syria 04 April 2019, 10:59
- Ukraine's new church fears possibility of tomos revocation 04 April 2019, 10:26
- 750,000 abortions performed in Russia annually, only one-fifth for medical reasons 03 April 2019, 14:29
- Russian Church calls on OSCE to boost religious freedom monitoring in Ukraine 03 April 2019, 12:25
- Karabakh settlement process cannot be one-way road - Catholicos of All Armenians 03 April 2019, 12:19
- ECHR to consider case of discrimination against UOC community in Rovno Region 01 April 2019, 18:18
- Leader of Russia's Jewish community outraged with new Rammstein video 29 March 2019, 18:28
- Kiev court to consider Church's name change lawsuit against Culture Ministry 29 March 2019, 18:22
- Kremlin follows St. Isaac's Cathedral situation, but refrains from comment 29 March 2019, 14:36
- Crimea's Muslim board urges local Muslims not to get in touch with sect members 29 March 2019, 11:03