07 November 2005, 15:24
With a view of upcoming talks on Kosovo status Bishops’ Council of the Serbian Church spoke against its separation from Serbia
Belgrade, November 7, Interfax - Patriarch Pavle of Serbia called the attempts to separate Kosovo and Metochia from Serbia an occupation, press service of the Serbian Orthodox church reports.
Speaking about the results of the Bishops’ Council held recently in Belgrade, he underscored that ‘it is possible to reach a compromise and just solution’ of the Kosovo problem ‘only through negotiations’.
The patriarch called upon the participants in the negotiations on the future status of Kosovo beginning this month, ‘not to sin against God and human law’.
The final statement of the Council reads that the Serbian people still suffer and the Orthodox shrines are desecrated even six years after NATO bombing and introduction of international peace keepers in Kosovo and Metochia.
The attempts to ‘reshape the territories on ethnical basis’ will inevitably result in ‘new tensions in the Balkans with unpredictable consequences’, the participants in the Council warned.
Hierarchs consider ‘the return of exiles and protection of their property rights, and personal and collective freedom’ a necessary precondition for taking a decision on the region’s status.
Addressing ‘our Alban compatriots’, members of the Council asked for ‘reconciliation and mutual forgiveness’.
‘There is enough bread, water and God’s love in Kosovo and Metochia for everyone’, the statement reads.
- Kiev expects icon gifted to Lavrov in Sarajevo to be returned to Ukraine 15 January 2021, 17:46
- Arrested former schema-monk Sergy ends his hunger strike 15 January 2021, 16:49
- ECHR finds unproven accusations of Kiev in Russia's refusal to register religious organizations in Crimea 14 January 2021, 14:38
- Federal Penitentiary Service denies reports on deteriorating health of former schema-hegumen Sergy 14 January 2021, 14:10
- IOPS chairman says is 99% certain Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem will be returned to Russia this year 13 January 2021, 14:36
- Circus in Russia's Udmurtia says photos of animals with Nazi symbols Christmas celebration that caused scandal were taken out of context 13 January 2021, 13:24
- Supporter of Urals ex-schema-monk Sergy arrested in new case 12 January 2021, 17:29
- Emeritus Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus Philaret dies 12 January 2021, 16:51
- Yakutian 'shaman' Gabyshev plans new 'march on Moscow' 12 January 2021, 15:28
- Arrested ex-schema-monk Sergy goes on dry hunger strike - Public Monitoring Commission 12 January 2021, 10:00
- Extremists may take advantage of new anti-money laundering regulations for religious organizations - State Duma committee 11 January 2021, 17:00
- Hockey player Datsyuk, actress Shukshina ask Putin to look into circumstances of former schema-hegumen Sergy's detention in Urals 11 January 2021, 16:23
- Christmas interview of Patriarch Kirill to Rossia TV (a shortened version) 11 January 2021, 10:10
- Decision on where icon gifted to Lavrov truly belongs can be made only after examination - Russian Orthodox Church 08 January 2021, 15:34
- Patriarch Kirill calls those who do not believe in danger of Covid-19 'stupid' 08 January 2021, 15:31
- Hagia Sophia's conversion into mosque Patriarch Bartholomew's divine retribution - Russian Church head 07 January 2021, 17:41
- Putin grateful to Syrian people for preserving Christian holy relics 07 January 2021, 17:39
- Hope, expectation of miracle human's guiding light - Putin 07 January 2021, 17:36
- Pope Francis accepts Belarusian Catholic leader Kondrusiewicz's resignation 03 January 2021, 17:18
- Russian Orthodox Church postpones Christmas Readings to Easter due to Covid-19 pandemic 30 December 2020, 19:01
- Moscow court arrests ex-schema-monk Sergy for 2 months 29 December 2020, 21:14
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy suspected of persuading 10 nuns to commit suicide 29 December 2020, 20:58
- Russian Bishops' Council to be held on November 15-18, 2021 29 December 2020, 19:57
- Russian Orthodox Church wished Russians to keep faith, hope and love 28 December 2020, 13:16
- Leader of Catholic Church in Belarus Kondrusiewicz returns to country 24 December 2020, 15:11
- Lukashenko reminds Belarusians of forgiveness, help to needy in Christmas Eve message 24 December 2020, 10:41
- Jehovah's Witness from Rostov-on-Don given suspended sentence 24 December 2020, 10:16
- Russia hands icon presented earlier to Lavrov in Sarajevo to embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Moscow 23 December 2020, 18:08
- Head of Belarusian Catholics can return to country 23 December 2020, 10:04
- Biden's idea of allowing gender transitioning from age 8 'unacceptable' - Russian Orthodox Church 22 December 2020, 18:06