07 June 2008, 10:19
Moscow gay pride organizer positively repels accusation in provocative actions and explains it with the vengeance of those who have lost their influence
Moscow, June 7, Interfax - The organizer of Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev has positively repelled the accusation in provocative behavior brought against him earlier by a gay-movement activist.
Recently published article by LGBT Rights website chief editor Nuar Nechayev gave a detailed description of Alexeyev's provocative, as the author believed, behavior in the conflict with the former State Duma MP Alexander Chuyev and representatives of gay community who didn't back up the Moscow gay parade.
Alexeyev has told an Interfax-Religion correspondent that in fact Nechayev is a "gay activist woman" Yekaterina Nechayeva.
"Ms Nechayeva has intensified her assaults against Moscow gay parade when majority of activists left her organization three months ago," thus the interviewee of the agency commented on criticism voiced against him earlier.
Alexeyev noted that in contrast with his opponents "the GayRussia project will never use violence even against opponents of gay movement." "We have never assaulted the participants of protests against gay prides. Though we have been assaulted by protesters more than once," he said.
The pride's organizer stated that in spite of Nechayev's allegations, he hadn't chocked walls and windows of the Indigo gay shop with homophobic slogans and stressed that "such accusations could have found a worthy place in tabloid papers for suburban trains."
"It's much as to accuse me of setting the Reichstag on fire," Alexeyev said and explained that these assaults were caused by the vengeance of a person who "has lost her influence in gay sphere."
Besides, the gay parade organizer strongly disapproves of the claim that his movement "turns from a human rights center to an extremist fanatic company" as Nechayev writes. Alexeyev reciprocally accused his opponents of extremism too.
"Similar assaults against our activists and me took place three years ago when we had just established our organization. Today great success of the third Moscow gay pride has again given rise to some forces, who want to be promoted through it, but are incapable of any constructive actions," Alexeyev summed up.
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22
- Russian Orthodox Church denies coronavirus impact on Patriarch Kirill's foreign travel schedule 13 March 2020, 14:42