02 June 2008, 15:14
Russian gay singer asks gay parade activists "not to insist"
Moscow, June 2, Interfax - Russian gay singer Boris Moiseyev doesn't approve of Moscow gay pride parade organizers being so persistent in their desire to conduct a march in spite of the authorities ban and public protests.
"If society doesn't accept them (gays - IF), they shouldn't insist," Moiseyev said to the Kommersant daily polling on the necessity of introducing penal actions against s ex-minorities published on Monday.
According to the singer, "it was right to abolish" the Criminal Code's article which envisaged punishment for homosexual marriages as "the civilized society should protect everyone: both homosexuals and lesbians."
Professor of the Moscow Theological Academy Deacon Andrey Kurayev agrees that "intimate life isn't a reason to arrest a person." At the same time he believes that attempts "to involve others to their affliction" by way of conducting gay-parades should be "if not criminally liable than penalized by public sanctions."
Member of the Russia's Central Executive Committee Gennady Raikov doesn't agree with him. He thinks that if Russian gays were subjected to criminal penalty "no one would promote himself as they would be afraid of being imprisoned."
Famous heart surgeon Leo Bokeria also believes that it was wrong to abolish a punitive article for sodomy because to preserve family, society and state "we should suppress promotion of homosexual relations." According to his observations, "population decrease exceeds population growth and gays make this statistics even more frightful."
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22
- Russian Orthodox Church denies coronavirus impact on Patriarch Kirill's foreign travel schedule 13 March 2020, 14:42