19 July 2022, 19:39
Tretyakov Gallery dismisses as 'premature' talk about time of Rublev's Trinity return on permanent display
Moscow, July 19, Interfax - The Tretyakov Gallery will decide on when the Trinity Icon painted by Andrey Rublev should return to permanent display after its detailed examination by restoration specialists, the gallery's press service told Interfax.
"After a detailed and comprehensive examination of the icon, a decision will be made about when the Trinity returns to its usual place in the exposition at the Tretyakov Gallery in Lavrushinsky Lane. It is too soon to talk about specific dates," the press service said.
Commenting on the social-media reports that the icon will not be back in place before next year, the gallery said, "We are very sorry that people with no understanding of the situation and no special education are trying to draw attention to themselves with unverified and unfounded claims."
Earlier, the gallery said that the Trinity icon had returned from the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius. It had no visible signs of deterioration.
On July 17, head of the press service for the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius Tatyana Denisyuk told Interfax that for the first time since the 1917 October Revolution, the Trinity icon was delivered to the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, where largescale celebrations marking the 600th anniversary of the discovery of the relics of Saint Sergius of Radonezh began on Sunday.
The Russian Culture Ministry told Interfax that the Trinity icon was transported from the Tretyakov Gallery to the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius in a specially made climate-controlled display case.
The Trinity icon painted by Rublev in the 15th century is the most famous of his artworks and one of the two (along with the frescoes in Vladimir) preserved artworks, which scientists believe to be definitively painted by him.
- Russian Church warns the West against "slipping into a bestial state" 23 September 2022, 12:11
- Patriarch Kirill declares the futility of attempts to intimidate the Russians 19 September 2022, 14:04
- Religious leaders call for ending conflicts, bloodshed in the world at congress in Nur-Sultan 15 September 2022, 14:49
- Some 10,000 believers attending papal mass in Kazakh capital 14 September 2022, 17:16
- Russian Supreme Court brands as terrorist, bans Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan 14 September 2022, 11:42
- Pontiff urges religious leaders to help settle conflicts through dialogue 14 September 2022, 11:41
- Patriarch Kirill: attempts to build world order without relying on moral values led to fierce confrontation 14 September 2022, 11:40
- Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan elected new First Hierarch of Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia 13 September 2022, 20:42
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges world to react to Azerbaijan's actions 13 September 2022, 15:42
- Pope Francis arrives in Kazakhstan's capital 13 September 2022, 15:38
- Russian State Duma may hold hearings on LGBT propaganda ban in Oct-Nov 13 September 2022, 14:50
- Latvian Orthodox Church chooses not to argue with govt about its status 12 September 2022, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill calls Elizabeth II symbol of sustainability of centuries-old traditions for entire Europe 09 September 2022, 13:02
- Russian Orthodox Church on declaration of Latvian Church's autocephaly by parliament: they surpassed Middle Ages 08 September 2022, 21:45
- Latvian Saeima endorses law on independence of Latvian Orthodox Church 08 September 2022, 19:06
- WCC refuses to accuse Russian Orthodox Church despite pressure 08 September 2022, 17:03
- Court in Primorye overrules order committing Yakutia shaman Gabyshev to hospital 08 September 2022, 10:31
- Russian ombudsman calls for moratorium on death penalty in DPR 07 September 2022, 14:42
- Patriarch Kirill highlights Russia's special role in modern history 06 September 2022, 17:35
- Riga seeking independence of Latvian Orthodox Church from Moscow Patriarchate (updated) 05 September 2022, 17:44
- Russian Orthodox Church outraged by interference of Latvian secular authorities in church affairs 05 September 2022, 15:32
- World Council of Churches refuses to isolate Russian Orthodox Church delegation at its assembly 01 September 2022, 21:32
- Russian Orthodox Church accuses German president of putting pressure on World Council of Churches 01 September 2022, 14:23
- Russian Orthodox Church views Kyiv's sanctions on Patriarch Kirill as PR campaign 31 August 2022, 17:25
- Fines for LGBT propaganda to be from 50,000 to 200,000 rubles for citizens, foreigners may be deported from Russia 31 August 2022, 16:42
- Ukrainian govt approves proposed sanctions against Patriarch Kirill 31 August 2022, 09:56
- Bishops' Council postponed indefinitely due to global situation - Russian Orthodox Church 25 August 2022, 21:06
- Patriarch Kirill calls nationalism a cancerous tumor that can affect entire nation 22 August 2022, 12:43
- FSB reports detention of 6 terrorist cell members in Dzhankoi, Yalta 17 August 2022, 12:02
- Almost all the priests of one of the African countries wants to join the Russian Church 16 August 2022, 10:01