27 April 2022, 22:26
Serbian patriarch assures Patriarch Kirill of support of Russian Orthodox Church amid Ukraine crisis
Moscow, April 27, Interfax - Serbian Patriarch Porfirije said he will do everything to support the Russian Orthodox Church in the situation with Ukraine.
"We share your concerns, we are praying for you and we are ready to do everything possible to support the Russian Orthodox Church and believers in Russia and Ukraine," Patriarch Porfirije said during a conversation with Patriarch Kirill, which was held by videoconference on Wednesday.
The "long brotherly talk" addressed the events happening in Ukraine, the Department of External Church Relations of the Russian Orthodox Church said. The patriarchs paid special attention to the humanitarian situation in Donbas. Patriarch Kirill thanked the Serbian patriarch for his support and solidarity with the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church. "There is confidence that the Serbian church is with us at this difficult time," he said,
In particular, the patriarch mentioned with gratitude the church assistance to refugees from Ukraine who are arriving in the countries in the spiritual care of the Serbian Patriarchate. He especially mentioned the fundraiser for the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church and its head Metropolitan Onufry, which was organized in Serbian churches with the blessing of Patriarch Porfirije.
Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia asked the Serbian patriarch to give words of gratitude to Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic for the assistance the Serbian state is providing to Ukrainian refugees.
Among the important issues addressed in the meeting was the situation of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. Patriarch Kirill told Patriarch Porfirije about the difficult situation of the canonical Church and the harassment it is experiencing. "I bow my head to the heroism of our clergy," the Russian patriarch said.
- Russian Church receives the first state certificate of registration in Africa 04 July 2022, 20:44
- Patriarch Kirill thinks no one can reformat Russia 04 July 2022, 17:11
- Mufti Tajuddin believes that no problem in the world can be solved without Russia 04 July 2022, 14:25
- Almost 20 people held during anti-LGBT protest in Tbilisi 04 July 2022, 10:02
- Ukrainian hackers attack website of Russian Orthodox Church's external relations dept 01 July 2022, 14:40
- Federal Penitentiary Service, which used to carry out death penalty, opposes its reintroduction 30 June 2022, 21:37
- Lavrov thanks the Jewish Museum of Moscow for carefully preserving the memory of important pages of history 30 June 2022, 11:37
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21