29 December 2021, 11:12
Group for protection of Christian values created at State Duma
Moscow, December 29, Interfax - An inter-factional working group for the protection of Christian values is being created at the State Duma, a source at the parliament told Interfax.
"The group for the protection of Christian values is being created. The purpose of its creation is consolidating the efforts of parliamentarians and the Russian Orthodox Church in legislative work and upholding traditional values," the source said.
Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has given his blessing to the creation and activities of the group, the source said.
State Duma Deputy Speaker Pyotr Tolsoy of the United Russia faction is expected to lead the group.
The Duma factions will share information about their members' wishes to join the working group by January 10.
- Lawyer German Lukyanov who helped exonerate Nicholas II passes away 20 May 2022, 10:37
- The cathedral of Russian Church desecrated in Vilnius 19 May 2022, 20:14
- Putin's decision on Ukraine operation 'moral choice,' not geopolitics - top Kremlin official 19 May 2022, 20:08
- Duma committee supports bill banning foreigners from using surrogate mother services in Russia 19 May 2022, 15:54
- ROCOR first hierarch to be buried in Jordanville, New York, on May 22 18 May 2022, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill offers Russia renewed understanding of sovereignty based on traditional values, without looking back to West 18 May 2022, 10:09
- Patriarch Kirill proposes stripping private clinics of right to receive female patients for abortions 17 May 2022, 19:49
- Patriarch Kirill describes 'abolition' of Russian culture in West as insane 17 May 2022, 16:27
- Patrushev blames the West of striving to achieve spiritual and moral degradation of Russia 17 May 2022, 16:22
- Patriarch Kirill calls for observance of humanitarian law in areas of special operation in Ukraine, Donbass 17 May 2022, 16:19
- First Hierarch of ROCOR Metropolitan Hilarion passes away 17 May 2022, 11:06
- Patriarch Kirill calls Orban one of few European politicians who stands up for Christian values 16 May 2022, 21:37
- The Russian Church declares a negative attitude to computer games 16 May 2022, 15:44
- Russian experts record more than 70 attacks on churches of UOC by the Ukrainian side 16 May 2022, 15:37
- The Synod of Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks Zelensky to put an end to her oppression 12 May 2022, 17:27
- Jehovah's Witnesses member in Nizhny Novgorod given 6-year suspended sentence 12 May 2022, 11:23
- Sanctions against Patriarch Kirill will not affect his activities in any way – Russian Church 10 May 2022, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill describes Russia as self-sufficient country which doesn't want to harm anyone 08 May 2022, 17:15
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to pray for Russia to be protected from external, internal enemies 06 May 2022, 14:26
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church says bans on its activities imposed by local authorities have no legal force 06 May 2022, 12:06
- Russia to hold consultations with Hamas on situation around Al-Aqsa 05 May 2022, 11:21
- Patriarch Kirill can't be scared with sanctions - Russian Orthodox Church 04 May 2022, 16:01
- Pope Francis' recount of conversation with Patriarch Kirill incorrect - Russian Orthodox Church 04 May 2022, 15:38
- Russian Orthodox Church asks to use its potential in opening humanitarian corridors in special operation zone 04 May 2022, 14:47
- No agreement on Putin's meeting with Pontiff – Peskov 04 May 2022, 14:10
- Russia never attacked anyone, always protected its borders - Patriarch Kirill 04 May 2022, 12:10
- Russian Orthodox Church indicates interest in achievement of lasting peace in Ukraine 29 April 2022, 16:44
- The Russian Church' speaker calls the "culture of cancellation" a self-reprimand of civilization 29 April 2022, 12:46
- The Russian Foreign Ministry advised Washington to take care of religious freedoms in the United States 29 April 2022, 12:39
- Serbian patriarch assures Patriarch Kirill of support of Russian Orthodox Church amid Ukraine crisis 27 April 2022, 22:26