17 November 2021, 15:38
Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content
Moscow, November 17, Interfax - The Federal Agency for Youth Affairs (Rosmolodyozh) has found on the website of the LGBT International Film Festival Side by Side, which is currently being held, information aimed at forming "a positive attitude to non-traditional sexual relations," for which the website has been blocked, Russia's telecoms watchdog Roskomnadzor told Interfax.
"The site https://bok-o-bok.com has been blocked by Roskomnadzor on the basis of a decision made by Rosmolodyozh recognizing the information disseminated on the Internet as prohibited. According to Rosmolodyozh's decision, the site contains information aimed at forming a positive attitude toward non-traditional sexual relations and the attractiveness of non-traditional sexual relations," Roskomnadzor said.
The LGBT International Film Festival Side by Side earlier said that Roskomnadzor had blocked its site "based on complaints from far-right groups." The festival organizers insist the site blocked by the agency "is full of 18+ marks." They said that they would appeal Roskomnadzor's actions.
According to data from the universal service verifying restrictions on access to websites and (or) webpages, the site was blocked at Rosmolodyozh's demand on November 11. The register refers to Article 15.1 of the law On Information, which is devoted to keeping the register of information prohibited in Russia.
The Side by Side film festival, which looks at LGBT issues in the context of cinematography, has been held in St. Petersburg since 2008. It is being held between November 11 and November 25 in a hybrid format this year.
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls Belarus a truly sovereign state 06 June 2022, 12:52
- Process of transfer of Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem to Russia to be completed in foreseeable future - Russian FM 03 June 2022, 19:51
- Friendship of Slavic peoples to stand test of time - Patriarch Kirill 02 June 2022, 10:00
- Lavrov, OIC secretary general discuss causes of escalation in int'l relations 01 June 2022, 10:00
- Borrell's remarks on Russian patriarch give Kiev 'sanction' to persecute canonical Church – Moscow Patriarchate 31 May 2022, 18:21
- Another Donbass diocese disagrees with UOC decision to proclaim independence 31 May 2022, 17:50
- Chisinau mayor says won't allow LGBT pride parade to happen 31 May 2022, 17:22