25 October 2021, 11:52
Patriarch Kirill calls the Gospel the best consulting for a modern person
Moscow, October 25, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia called the Law of God the most important and primary for all other laws in the world.
"There are many different consulting groups now, many different written guides where and how to invest money to get rich. But you and I have the best leadership that has been tested for thousands of years and has never failed. By following the instructions of this manual, a person has always won. This guide is the Word of God," the patriarch said after the liturgy in the Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
In his opinion, you just need to listen carefully to the word of God, apply it both in large and small in your own life. "I quarreled with my wife - and what does the Word of God say, how do I get out of this crisis? There is no common language with children, the mother's heart is breaking - what to do, where to go, to what consultation? May you open the Gospel, read it carefully and get all the consultations! And if you don't understand something, go to the priest, he will explain it," the patriarch said.
He noted that religion is "not the 25th and not the 38th item", but "No. 1 on our life agenda", therefore believers should build their lives "not on the basis of the advice of certain specialists, but on the basis of the words of the main Adviser, the Savior Himself, which are given to us and imprinted on the pages of the Gospel."
The patriarch is sure that the absolute majority of people have their priority exactly what he is talking about. "Because if it were otherwise, it is unlikely that our people would have gone through all the terrible historical trials. And even when people formally renounced the faith, called themselves atheists, they lived by inertia with the gospel commandments. Nowhere in Marxism does it say that you need to throw yourself into the embrasure with your chest, not in any military regulations does it say so. And people got up, walked and closed the embrasure with their breasts. By what law? On what demand? Yes, according to that very Divine commandment - blessed is he who lays down his soul for his friends," Patriarch Kirill said.
"The most important law, fundamental to all other laws is the law of God," he concluded.
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarch Kirill of Moscow might meet with Pope Francis, no date, venue planned so far (updated) 06 December 2021, 17:54
- Most Russians say mocking church, national history, customs of other peoples unacceptable – poll 06 December 2021, 12:26
- Matviyenko views push for LGBT agenda, other alien values as unacceptable 06 December 2021, 11:10
- Russian Church believes that Russia's foreign enemies behind anti-vaxxer campaign in country 06 December 2021, 10:08
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55