21 October 2021, 20:33
Putin asking Western civilization 'to steer clear of our home'
Sochi, October 21, Interfax - The Western civilization has the right to choose its own values, but at the same time it should not force them on other countries, including Russia, President Vladimir Putin said.
"We are watching with astonishment the processes taking place in the countries that used to considering themselves flagships of progress. Of course, the sociocultural disturbances that are taking place in the States, in Western Europe are none of our business, we are not getting into that. Some people in Western countries believe that the aggressive deletion of whole pages of their own history, reverse discrimination against the majority in the interests of minorities or a demand to give up basic things such as mother, father, family or gender differences constitute movement towards public renewal. It's their right, but we are asking them to steer clear of our home. We have a different viewpoint," Putin said told the international Valdai Discussion Club in Sochi.
"An overwhelming majority of Russian society has a different viewpoint," the president said. "We believe we should be guided by our own spiritual values, by historical traditions, by the culture of our multinational people," the president said.
"Adepts of so-called social progress believe they are bringing some new, better knowledge to humanity," he said. "So, God willing. Let them go ahead with it. Only the recipes they are offering are not new at all, we have done all that in Russia," Putin said.
As an example, he mentioned the radical changes that happened in Russia after 1917.
"The Bolsheviks, using the dogmas of Marxism, also said they would change the usual ways, not only political and economic, but the very idea of human morals, the foundations of the healthy existence of society, up to the complete abandonment of family. Such things have happened!" the president said.
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarch Kirill of Moscow might meet with Pope Francis, no date, venue planned so far (updated) 06 December 2021, 17:54
- Most Russians say mocking church, national history, customs of other peoples unacceptable – poll 06 December 2021, 12:26
- Matviyenko views push for LGBT agenda, other alien values as unacceptable 06 December 2021, 11:10
- Russian Church believes that Russia's foreign enemies behind anti-vaxxer campaign in country 06 December 2021, 10:08
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55