08 October 2021, 15:10
Rabbi Lazar wishes Putin to live up to 120 years
*** The spiritual leader believes that the decline of anti-Semitism in Russia is largely the merit of the current president
Moscow, October 8, Interfax - Chief Rabbi of Russia Berel Lazar congratulated President Vladimir Putin on his birthday and wished him to live up to 120 years.
"Our sages teach that God determines a person's fate. It is He who decides who to entrust any important post, on which the fate of many people depends, and even more so the post of head of such a huge state as Russia. The Lord grants such a person a special blessing so that he can fulfill the mission entrusted to him for good. The fact that you have been the president of the country for many years proves that God sees your great merits and at the same time considers you capable of bearing great responsibility – for the fate of people, for the fate of the country," the rabbi's congratulation reads.
Lazar expressed special gratitude to the president for the fact that, with all the variety of issues that Putin has to solve promptly, he never ignores the needs of believers, the problems of reviving traditional spirituality, the development of interreligious and interethnic dialogue.
"The situation in Russia in these matters is now much better than in most developed countries. And the fact that the level of manifestations of aggressive nationalism and anti-Semitism has been constantly decreasing over the past 20 years is very much the result of your consistent and principled policy," the message of congratulations reads.
The rabbi also noted that he knows President Putin as a very tolerant person. "But at the same time, you invariably show zero tolerance to those who try to incite discord between Russians," he added, expressing confidence that all Russians should be grateful to the head of state for this, because, according to Lazar, unity and mutual assistance of representatives of different peoples, nationalities, cultures and faiths is the key to Russia's strength and prosperity of its citizens.
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarch Kirill of Moscow might meet with Pope Francis, no date, venue planned so far (updated) 06 December 2021, 17:54
- Most Russians say mocking church, national history, customs of other peoples unacceptable – poll 06 December 2021, 12:26
- Matviyenko views push for LGBT agenda, other alien values as unacceptable 06 December 2021, 11:10
- Russian Church believes that Russia's foreign enemies behind anti-vaxxer campaign in country 06 December 2021, 10:08
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55