23 June 2006, 18:04
Metropolitan Kirill warns against tolerance for same-sex marriage
Moscow, June 23, Interfax - The inevitable consequence of the legalization of homosexual marriages in Western countries is the growing popularity of pedophilic ideas and a fashion for perversions, said Kirill, Metropolitan of Smolensk and Kaliningrad, chairman of the Department for External Church Relations.
"Do you know, what will be the next step for discussion in society following the same-sex marriage legalization? Discussion on recognizing pedophilia as a norm. Registration in Holland of a political party of pedophiles is the first sign, believe me," Metropolitan Kirill said on Friday in his lecture in the Russian Humanitarian Institute in Moscow.
The next step, in his opinion, will be a suicide fashion, when "the concept of the 'quality of death' will be introduced into everyday life, and a voluntary suicide will not be considered a sin."
The Metropolitan sees this tendency of widespread loyalty to sin to be a consequence "of enormous efforts undertaken recently in order to wipe out the distinct notion of good and evil, when pluralism of opinions is becoming the characteristic trait of the postmodern era."
"Even 20 years ago nobody would have believed that the Moscow mayor should be compelled to permit a gay-parade. However this situation has become a reality," he said.
He said the main feature of the time of the Antichrist's arrival will become "non-vitality of civilizations when power on a global scale becomes the power of evil."
"The Antichrist will teach evil, he will teach that murder and violence is good. Who might seem to accept such a leader? But even today they try to insinuate into our conscience that there is no objective distinction between sin and virtue, when in many countries same-sex marriages and normal marriages are being set on the same legal footing."
Kirill said language appealing to Biblical teaching is exactly what should be used when "speaking to human rights defenders with an autonomous choice of moral values."
- Russian Church receives the first state certificate of registration in Africa 04 July 2022, 20:44
- Patriarch Kirill thinks no one can reformat Russia 04 July 2022, 17:11
- Mufti Tajuddin believes that no problem in the world can be solved without Russia 04 July 2022, 14:25
- Almost 20 people held during anti-LGBT protest in Tbilisi 04 July 2022, 10:02
- Ukrainian hackers attack website of Russian Orthodox Church's external relations dept 01 July 2022, 14:40
- Federal Penitentiary Service, which used to carry out death penalty, opposes its reintroduction 30 June 2022, 21:37
- Lavrov thanks the Jewish Museum of Moscow for carefully preserving the memory of important pages of history 30 June 2022, 11:37
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21