18 September 2020, 20:44
Forty percent of Russia support Lenin reburial, 1 out of every 5 say his body should stay in Mausoleum - poll
Moscow, September 18, Interfax - Forty percent of the respondents surveyed by the research center of the site Superjob.ru believe body of Vladimir Lenin, the leader of the October Revolution, should be reburied at a cemetery as soon as possible.
Forty-five percent of the respondents aged 35-44 would welcome such a decision, according to the results of the poll seen by Interfax.
According to the poll, an argument for such position is the opinion that Lenin played a complex role in Russian history and for that reason it is strange to say the least to artificially keep his remains on the main square of Russia.
Seventeen percent of the respondents said Lenin should be reburied later, but not now. Twenty percent of the respondents aged 45 and older said so. According to the poll, the main argument of this category of respondents is that reburial would be appropriate after the generations to whom Lenin is still dear are gone.
Twenty-two percent of the respondents believe it is right to keep the body of the leader in the Mausoleum. The percentage of such respondents among the respondents aged 45 and older is 29%. These respondents say Lenin is part of Russian history and for that reason his body should be left alone.
According to Superjob.ru, 21% of the respondents were undecided on what should be done with Lenin's body.
The poll was conducted on September 14-15, 2020. It surveys 1,600 respondents aged 18 and older who represent the economically active population of Russia living in 323 populated areas in all federal districts.
- Head of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Kirov was fined for about 6,500 USD 23 October 2020, 18:32
- Over 20 "caliphate builders" exposed in North Caucasus 23 October 2020, 12:38
- Russian Church concerned about possibility of illegal use of personal data 22 October 2020, 20:15
- Estonia to hold a referendum on marriage as a union of man and woman in spring 22 October 2020, 19:50
- Russian Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov dies 21 October 2020, 20:31
- Attackers of Hasid teens in Uman must be brought to account - Ukraine's foreign minister 20 October 2020, 10:43
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz in Vatican, discusses his return to Belarus 20 October 2020, 10:41
- Catholics conveyed a church in the center of Spanish Granada to Moscow Patriarchate 15 October 2020, 18:29
- Head of Russian Catholics contracts coronavirus 15 October 2020, 15:18
- The first Russian doctoral thesis on Islamic theology earned 15 October 2020, 14:03
- FJCR considers Kiev's order to pray for pogrom-makers an insult of the Jewish people 15 October 2020, 13:42
- A source learned about the death of another child from a surrogate mother in St. Petersburg 15 October 2020, 12:35
- Church against exploiting Russian women as surrogate mothers by foreigners 13 October 2020, 20:01
- Patriarch Kirill calls for putting end to bloodshed in Nagorno-Karabakh 13 October 2020, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill tests negative for coronavirus 12 October 2020, 10:14
- Baku dismisses accusations of shelling upon cathedral in Nagorno-Karabakh 09 October 2020, 18:12
- Ecological park inspired by a local bishop opened in Omsk 09 October 2020, 17:28
- Jews will celebrate the feast of Torah with restrictions due to coronavirus 09 October 2020, 17:08
- JW couple gets suspended sentences in Kostroma 09 October 2020, 17:00
- Patriarch Kirill calls pandemic the last call for humanity 09 October 2020, 16:39
- Head of Jewish organization of Nazi concentration camp and ghetto prisoners dies 09 October 2020, 10:04
- Azerbaijan renews attack on church in Shushi, Stepanakert claims 08 October 2020, 18:18
- Patriarch Kirill in quarantine after contact with coronavirus patient (updated) 08 October 2020, 18:15
- Unrecognized Karabakh head promises to rebuild cathedral destroyed in Azerbaijan's missile strike 08 October 2020, 17:35
- New Vatican ambassador to arrive in Belarus on Oct 11 08 October 2020, 17:21
- Organizer, 5 followers of Ulyanovsk Jehovah's Witnesses group get suspended prison terms 08 October 2020, 15:51
- Coronavirus restrictions re-introduced in Russian synagogues 08 October 2020, 14:42
- Islamist suspected of attempt to carry out terrorist attack in court, prosecutor's office detained in Stavropol 07 October 2020, 17:01
- Orthodox bishop of Kyrgyzstan urges citizens to pray for peace 06 October 2020, 15:40
- Many-storeyed business center in Kiev in honor of pride month will be illuminated with a rainbow flag 06 October 2020, 13:59