27 May 2020, 17:04
The Protection Monastery in Moscow with St. Matrona relics opened for parishioners in spite of the acting ban of Russian Church
Moscow, May 27, Interfax - The Protection Monastery of Moscow where relics of St. Matrona are kept opened its doors for visitors in spite of the prolonged regimen of self-isolation, but took all security measures.
The Interfax correspondent visited the monastery and reported about the situation.
The temperature is taken at the entry to the nunnery , visitors are asked to put on a mask. Parishioners are few, they can enter the Protection Church, venerate the relics of St. Matrona, take the blessed water and write names of their relatives for commemoration. Sanitary measures are strictly observed. The tomb with the relics is disinfected after each worshipper. The miraculous icon at the exterior wall is also wiped with antiseptic, parishioners are asked to distance from one another in a queue to the icon. It is not difficult: the number of visitors has decreased a hundredfold (two people were in the line to the icon St. Matrona, five more - in the line to the relics), totally, there were about 15 parishioners in the church.
There are almost no flowers near St. Matrona relics. Nuns used to take them in bales before the quarantine and then gave the blessed flowers to the faithful. Today, the security measures recommend to step back from this tradition.
Moscow churches and monasteries have been closed from April 13, the Holy Week, with the blessing of Patriarch Kirill as it was recommended by the Moscow chief medical officer Yelena Andreyeva. Such a step was taken to prevent spreading of coronavirus. Then the ban was prolonged for indefinite period.
- Putin states need for public monitoring of LGBT propaganda 03 July 2020, 18:27
- Metropolitan Hilarion: Hagia Sophia is heritage of entire mankind 03 July 2020, 18:25
- Russia hasn't restricted, won't restrict rights based on race, sexual orientation - Putin 03 July 2020, 17:51
- Putin comments on LGBT flag flying over U.S. embassy building in Moscow 03 July 2020, 17:46
- Church court defrocks Urals Schema-Hegumen Sergy, who cursed people who closed churches 03 July 2020, 13:09
- All members of the Jewish community in Moscow recovered from coronavirus 03 July 2020, 12:40
- Mufti Tajuddin proposes making Hagia Sophia common prayer-house for Muslims and Christians 03 July 2020, 10:09
- Duma's Tolstoy sees demonstration of LGBT flags on embassy buildings in Moscow as attempt to influence voting on constitutional amendments 02 July 2020, 12:39
- The FJCR president believes other countries to appreciate the importance of amendment about marriage as a union between a man and a woman 02 July 2020, 12:36
- Famous Transfiguration church in Kizhi to resume services after 40 years 30 June 2020, 18:04
- Filaret demands another tomos from Patriarch Bartholomew 29 June 2020, 20:59
- Russian Orthodox Church sees Ural priest's calls against participation in amendments vote as "tragicomic' 29 June 2020, 18:08
- Church court again makes no decision on behavior of Urals priest who cursed people who closed churches 29 June 2020, 10:05
- Russian Jews urges American demonstrators to peaceful dialogue 29 June 2020, 10:00
- Forced treatment of shaman Gabyshev is illegal - Memorial 25 June 2020, 21:17
- Kremlin hopes rainbow flag on U.S. embassy in Moscow drew attention of Russian Foreign Ministry 25 June 2020, 14:54
- Kusturica called Russia's chief military church personification of power, talent and faith 25 June 2020, 12:55
- Jews will never forget heroism of the Soviet Army that stopped Holocaust - FJCR president 25 June 2020, 10:08
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Metropolitan Sofrony dies 23 June 2020, 20:12
- Leader of Tuva Buddhists dies of Covid-19 23 June 2020, 18:26
- Shaman Gabyshev's supporter detained after he got into Yakutsk mental clinic 22 June 2020, 11:27
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russian Armed Forces to 'keep their powder dry,' keep unbreakable spirit 22 June 2020, 10:59
- Russia's defense capacity, security solidly ensured - Putin 22 June 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church condemns toppling of statues to American slave holders 22 June 2020, 10:29
- Ukraine investigating case involving fueling of ethnic hatred in creation of Orthodox Church of Ukraine 19 June 2020, 13:28
- Rabbi Lazar does not consider the pandemic God's punishment for human sins 18 June 2020, 17:58
- Vucic asked Russia to support the Serbian Orthodox Church 18 June 2020, 17:30
- Russia's FSB denies taking part in developments in Sredneuralsk monastery 18 June 2020, 12:05
- 'Western values' are unacceptable to Russia - Security Council Secretary Patrushev 17 June 2020, 20:18
- The Russian Church officials debate about admissibility of in vitro fertilization 17 June 2020, 17:10