21 May 2020, 12:55
Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind
Chisinau, May 21, Interfax - Moldova will maintain its ban on conducting religious services inside churches as long as the epidemiological situation in the country remains complicated, Prime Minister Ion Chicu said following a warning from the Synod of the Orthodox Church of Moldova that his name will not be mentioned during religious services if he does not revise the decision to ban indoor religious services.
"This crisis reminds us of how important it is to restore the education system in the country. There would have been no room for such 'warnings' in an educated society. Lord, forgive me," the prime minister wrote on his Facebook page, calling for mercy and understanding.
"Lord, forgive me, keep me from sin, give me the wisdom and strength to wisely and calmly react to such things. Let us be merciful and understanding. It may so happen to each of us that our mind will be clouded by the power of instincts and temptations," Chicu said.
The prime minister asked the country's citizens to "pray for the clarity of mind and health of people, including bureaucrats and the clergy."
The Orthodox Church of Moldova earlier threatened Prime Minister Chicu that the church would stop praying for him if traditional services in churches with observance of all rituals are not allowed.
According to earlier reports, church services involving worshippers were banned during the state of emergency in Moldova from March 17 to May 15. Several priests were fined for breaching the ban. Church services were permitted from May 16, but only outside and if social distancing rules and other precautions are observed.
In the same message to Chicu, the church also warned the Moldovan authorities that any future coronavirus vaccination must be voluntary.
The Synod cited "additional information about upcoming microchipping of people by means of vaccines," also mentioning the dangers posed by the activities of U.S. billionaire Bill Gates to humankind and the risks coming from the 5G technology.
- Putin states need for public monitoring of LGBT propaganda 03 July 2020, 18:27
- Metropolitan Hilarion: Hagia Sophia is heritage of entire mankind 03 July 2020, 18:25
- Russia hasn't restricted, won't restrict rights based on race, sexual orientation - Putin 03 July 2020, 17:51
- Putin comments on LGBT flag flying over U.S. embassy building in Moscow 03 July 2020, 17:46
- Church court defrocks Urals Schema-Hegumen Sergy, who cursed people who closed churches 03 July 2020, 13:09
- All members of the Jewish community in Moscow recovered from coronavirus 03 July 2020, 12:40
- Mufti Tajuddin proposes making Hagia Sophia common prayer-house for Muslims and Christians 03 July 2020, 10:09
- Duma's Tolstoy sees demonstration of LGBT flags on embassy buildings in Moscow as attempt to influence voting on constitutional amendments 02 July 2020, 12:39
- The FJCR president believes other countries to appreciate the importance of amendment about marriage as a union between a man and a woman 02 July 2020, 12:36
- Famous Transfiguration church in Kizhi to resume services after 40 years 30 June 2020, 18:04
- Filaret demands another tomos from Patriarch Bartholomew 29 June 2020, 20:59
- Russian Orthodox Church sees Ural priest's calls against participation in amendments vote as "tragicomic' 29 June 2020, 18:08
- Church court again makes no decision on behavior of Urals priest who cursed people who closed churches 29 June 2020, 10:05
- Russian Jews urges American demonstrators to peaceful dialogue 29 June 2020, 10:00
- Forced treatment of shaman Gabyshev is illegal - Memorial 25 June 2020, 21:17
- Kremlin hopes rainbow flag on U.S. embassy in Moscow drew attention of Russian Foreign Ministry 25 June 2020, 14:54
- Kusturica called Russia's chief military church personification of power, talent and faith 25 June 2020, 12:55
- Jews will never forget heroism of the Soviet Army that stopped Holocaust - FJCR president 25 June 2020, 10:08
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Metropolitan Sofrony dies 23 June 2020, 20:12
- Leader of Tuva Buddhists dies of Covid-19 23 June 2020, 18:26
- Shaman Gabyshev's supporter detained after he got into Yakutsk mental clinic 22 June 2020, 11:27
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russian Armed Forces to 'keep their powder dry,' keep unbreakable spirit 22 June 2020, 10:59
- Russia's defense capacity, security solidly ensured - Putin 22 June 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church condemns toppling of statues to American slave holders 22 June 2020, 10:29
- Ukraine investigating case involving fueling of ethnic hatred in creation of Orthodox Church of Ukraine 19 June 2020, 13:28
- Rabbi Lazar does not consider the pandemic God's punishment for human sins 18 June 2020, 17:58
- Vucic asked Russia to support the Serbian Orthodox Church 18 June 2020, 17:30
- Russia's FSB denies taking part in developments in Sredneuralsk monastery 18 June 2020, 12:05
- 'Western values' are unacceptable to Russia - Security Council Secretary Patrushev 17 June 2020, 20:18
- The Russian Church officials debate about admissibility of in vitro fertilization 17 June 2020, 17:10