21 May 2020, 12:55
Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind
Chisinau, May 21, Interfax - Moldova will maintain its ban on conducting religious services inside churches as long as the epidemiological situation in the country remains complicated, Prime Minister Ion Chicu said following a warning from the Synod of the Orthodox Church of Moldova that his name will not be mentioned during religious services if he does not revise the decision to ban indoor religious services.
"This crisis reminds us of how important it is to restore the education system in the country. There would have been no room for such 'warnings' in an educated society. Lord, forgive me," the prime minister wrote on his Facebook page, calling for mercy and understanding.
"Lord, forgive me, keep me from sin, give me the wisdom and strength to wisely and calmly react to such things. Let us be merciful and understanding. It may so happen to each of us that our mind will be clouded by the power of instincts and temptations," Chicu said.
The prime minister asked the country's citizens to "pray for the clarity of mind and health of people, including bureaucrats and the clergy."
The Orthodox Church of Moldova earlier threatened Prime Minister Chicu that the church would stop praying for him if traditional services in churches with observance of all rituals are not allowed.
According to earlier reports, church services involving worshippers were banned during the state of emergency in Moldova from March 17 to May 15. Several priests were fined for breaching the ban. Church services were permitted from May 16, but only outside and if social distancing rules and other precautions are observed.
In the same message to Chicu, the church also warned the Moldovan authorities that any future coronavirus vaccination must be voluntary.
The Synod cited "additional information about upcoming microchipping of people by means of vaccines," also mentioning the dangers posed by the activities of U.S. billionaire Bill Gates to humankind and the risks coming from the 5G technology.
- Moscow churches to reopen on June 6 01 June 2020, 18:39
- Archbishop Giovanni d'Aniello appointed Vatican's new ambassador to Russia 01 June 2020, 14:05
- Chuvash metropolitan dies of coronavirus 01 June 2020, 12:07
- Russian army's main church due to open on June 22 29 May 2020, 17:38
- The quarantine time is optimal for spiritual growth, Patriarch Kirill believes 29 May 2020, 13:10
- Defense team of Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev challenges his commitment to psychiatric hospital in court 29 May 2020, 11:50
- Trial of Aum Shinrikyo's Russian cell head begins in Rostov-on-Don 27 May 2020, 21:23
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova does not know much about coronavirus, but prays for the sick 27 May 2020, 18:17
- The Protection Monastery in Moscow with St. Matrona relics opened for parishioners in spite of the acting ban of Russian Church 27 May 2020, 17:04
- Yekaterinburg diocese bans services of priest who cursed those who close churches over pandemic 27 May 2020, 11:17
- Defense team for Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev asks ECHR for urgent effort toward his release 26 May 2020, 13:56
- Chief rabbi of Russia believes attention to our neighbors to be the main achievement of the pandemic 25 May 2020, 16:12
- Coronavirus may be part of biopsychological war - Russian Orthodox Church 25 May 2020, 15:09
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04
- Jews all over the world celebrate the Victory Day according to the Jewish calendar 19 May 2020, 12:15
- Putin recommends Russian Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fitr at home (updated) 18 May 2020, 16:30
- World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic 18 May 2020, 13:38
- LGBT activists in Georgia hold annual rally online due to pandemic 18 May 2020, 11:39