21 May 2020, 12:55
Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind
Chisinau, May 21, Interfax - Moldova will maintain its ban on conducting religious services inside churches as long as the epidemiological situation in the country remains complicated, Prime Minister Ion Chicu said following a warning from the Synod of the Orthodox Church of Moldova that his name will not be mentioned during religious services if he does not revise the decision to ban indoor religious services.
"This crisis reminds us of how important it is to restore the education system in the country. There would have been no room for such 'warnings' in an educated society. Lord, forgive me," the prime minister wrote on his Facebook page, calling for mercy and understanding.
"Lord, forgive me, keep me from sin, give me the wisdom and strength to wisely and calmly react to such things. Let us be merciful and understanding. It may so happen to each of us that our mind will be clouded by the power of instincts and temptations," Chicu said.
The prime minister asked the country's citizens to "pray for the clarity of mind and health of people, including bureaucrats and the clergy."
The Orthodox Church of Moldova earlier threatened Prime Minister Chicu that the church would stop praying for him if traditional services in churches with observance of all rituals are not allowed.
According to earlier reports, church services involving worshippers were banned during the state of emergency in Moldova from March 17 to May 15. Several priests were fined for breaching the ban. Church services were permitted from May 16, but only outside and if social distancing rules and other precautions are observed.
In the same message to Chicu, the church also warned the Moldovan authorities that any future coronavirus vaccination must be voluntary.
The Synod cited "additional information about upcoming microchipping of people by means of vaccines," also mentioning the dangers posed by the activities of U.S. billionaire Bill Gates to humankind and the risks coming from the 5G technology.
- Patriarch Bartholomew’s arrival to Ukraine may launch persecutions against the UOC, canonical church official believes 02 December 2020, 11:50
- Civic Chamber calls for barring access of foreigners, single Russians to surrogacy services - newspaper 02 December 2020, 11:10
- Armenian opposition member ends hunger strike after visit of catholicos 01 December 2020, 13:59
- Another Jehovah's Witness put under house arrest instead of detention 30 November 2020, 12:42
- Russian court refuses to arrest 3 Jehovah's Witnesses accused of setting up extremist organization 27 November 2020, 18:41
- Press secretary of Belarusian Orthodox Church who condemned dismantling memorial to late activist Bondarenko in Minsk resigns 27 November 2020, 15:31
- Courts extends detention of 3 managers of Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia, all charged with setting up extremist organization 26 November 2020, 20:11
- Amendments to Russian Family Code affirming supremacy of Constitution, 'moral fundamentals' over int'l law pass 1st reading in State Duma 26 November 2020, 16:08
- Jehovah's Witnesses Detained in Russia charged with setting up extremist organization, Investigative Committee requests their arrest - court 26 November 2020, 16:06
- Rabbi Lazar rejected accusations of Jewish communities in irresponsible attitude to the pandemic 26 November 2020, 15:19
- Russian expert sees danger in Turkey's aspiration to become Islamic world leader 26 November 2020, 14:53
- Rostov-on-Don court sentences leader of Aum Shinrikyo, banned in Russia, to 15 years in high-security penitentiary 26 November 2020, 13:24
- Lawyers appeal extension of custody for Church of Last Testament founder, 2 other defendants 25 November 2020, 20:09
- Russian Orthodox Church appreciates Cypriot bishops who refuse to recognize new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 18:45
- Church of Cyprus's Synod supports recognition of new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 16:03
- Jehovah's Witnesses' activities still banned in Russia - Peskov 25 November 2020, 12:51
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11