18 May 2020, 13:38
World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic
Moscow, May 18, Interfax - The human rights center of the World Russian People's Assembly, which is led by Patriarch Kirill, has asked Russia's Prosecutor General's Office and Investigative Committee to look into the circumstances under which the coronavirus pandemic arose and turn their attention to the production of a vaccine.
"We are asking for a prosecutorial probe with a subsequent objective investigation into the circumstances that led to the appearance and spread [...] of the Covid-19 virus pandemic worldwide and in Russia, including those which led to death and to the infliction of harm to the health of Russian citizens," the appeal, which was obtained by Interfax, said.
The authors of the appeal are concerned about the indications of coronavirus having been deliberately created, as well as the malicious spread of both the infection and fake information about it on the Russian segment of the Internet.
In addition, the World Russian People's Assembly is calling for a prosecutorial probe in the sphere of the development and production of a Covid-19 vaccine with regard for a national security strategy, including a probe into whether independent studies in this sphere are being conducted solely by Russian scientists and under the control of the relevant Russian bodies.
The World Russian People's Assembly is also concerned about centralized development and production of vaccines and the creation of a genetic database of various ethnicities, which creates the preconditions for the creation of ethnic-genetic biological weapons in the situation of it falling into the hands of persons with malicious intentions.
The World Russian People's Assembly is an international public organization. It was created in 1993. In 2005, the World Russian People's Assembly was granted a special consultative status in the UN.
- Patriarch Bartholomew’s arrival to Ukraine may launch persecutions against the UOC, canonical church official believes 02 December 2020, 11:50
- Civic Chamber calls for barring access of foreigners, single Russians to surrogacy services - newspaper 02 December 2020, 11:10
- Armenian opposition member ends hunger strike after visit of catholicos 01 December 2020, 13:59
- Another Jehovah's Witness put under house arrest instead of detention 30 November 2020, 12:42
- Russian court refuses to arrest 3 Jehovah's Witnesses accused of setting up extremist organization 27 November 2020, 18:41
- Press secretary of Belarusian Orthodox Church who condemned dismantling memorial to late activist Bondarenko in Minsk resigns 27 November 2020, 15:31
- Courts extends detention of 3 managers of Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia, all charged with setting up extremist organization 26 November 2020, 20:11
- Amendments to Russian Family Code affirming supremacy of Constitution, 'moral fundamentals' over int'l law pass 1st reading in State Duma 26 November 2020, 16:08
- Jehovah's Witnesses Detained in Russia charged with setting up extremist organization, Investigative Committee requests their arrest - court 26 November 2020, 16:06
- Rabbi Lazar rejected accusations of Jewish communities in irresponsible attitude to the pandemic 26 November 2020, 15:19
- Russian expert sees danger in Turkey's aspiration to become Islamic world leader 26 November 2020, 14:53
- Rostov-on-Don court sentences leader of Aum Shinrikyo, banned in Russia, to 15 years in high-security penitentiary 26 November 2020, 13:24
- Lawyers appeal extension of custody for Church of Last Testament founder, 2 other defendants 25 November 2020, 20:09
- Russian Orthodox Church appreciates Cypriot bishops who refuse to recognize new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 18:45
- Church of Cyprus's Synod supports recognition of new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 16:03
- Jehovah's Witnesses' activities still banned in Russia - Peskov 25 November 2020, 12:51
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11