18 May 2020, 13:38
World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic
Moscow, May 18, Interfax - The human rights center of the World Russian People's Assembly, which is led by Patriarch Kirill, has asked Russia's Prosecutor General's Office and Investigative Committee to look into the circumstances under which the coronavirus pandemic arose and turn their attention to the production of a vaccine.
"We are asking for a prosecutorial probe with a subsequent objective investigation into the circumstances that led to the appearance and spread [...] of the Covid-19 virus pandemic worldwide and in Russia, including those which led to death and to the infliction of harm to the health of Russian citizens," the appeal, which was obtained by Interfax, said.
The authors of the appeal are concerned about the indications of coronavirus having been deliberately created, as well as the malicious spread of both the infection and fake information about it on the Russian segment of the Internet.
In addition, the World Russian People's Assembly is calling for a prosecutorial probe in the sphere of the development and production of a Covid-19 vaccine with regard for a national security strategy, including a probe into whether independent studies in this sphere are being conducted solely by Russian scientists and under the control of the relevant Russian bodies.
The World Russian People's Assembly is also concerned about centralized development and production of vaccines and the creation of a genetic database of various ethnicities, which creates the preconditions for the creation of ethnic-genetic biological weapons in the situation of it falling into the hands of persons with malicious intentions.
The World Russian People's Assembly is an international public organization. It was created in 1993. In 2005, the World Russian People's Assembly was granted a special consultative status in the UN.
- Moscow churches to reopen on June 6 01 June 2020, 18:39
- Archbishop Giovanni d'Aniello appointed Vatican's new ambassador to Russia 01 June 2020, 14:05
- Chuvash metropolitan dies of coronavirus 01 June 2020, 12:07
- Russian army's main church due to open on June 22 29 May 2020, 17:38
- The quarantine time is optimal for spiritual growth, Patriarch Kirill believes 29 May 2020, 13:10
- Defense team of Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev challenges his commitment to psychiatric hospital in court 29 May 2020, 11:50
- Trial of Aum Shinrikyo's Russian cell head begins in Rostov-on-Don 27 May 2020, 21:23
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova does not know much about coronavirus, but prays for the sick 27 May 2020, 18:17
- The Protection Monastery in Moscow with St. Matrona relics opened for parishioners in spite of the acting ban of Russian Church 27 May 2020, 17:04
- Yekaterinburg diocese bans services of priest who cursed those who close churches over pandemic 27 May 2020, 11:17
- Defense team for Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev asks ECHR for urgent effort toward his release 26 May 2020, 13:56
- Chief rabbi of Russia believes attention to our neighbors to be the main achievement of the pandemic 25 May 2020, 16:12
- Coronavirus may be part of biopsychological war - Russian Orthodox Church 25 May 2020, 15:09
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04
- Jews all over the world celebrate the Victory Day according to the Jewish calendar 19 May 2020, 12:15
- Putin recommends Russian Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fitr at home (updated) 18 May 2020, 16:30
- World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic 18 May 2020, 13:38
- LGBT activists in Georgia hold annual rally online due to pandemic 18 May 2020, 11:39