13 April 2020, 18:46
Lukashenko will go to church on Easter, suggests preaching outdoors
Minsk, April 13, Interfax - Byelorussian President Alexander Lukashenko has said that he will not prohibit Byelorussians to do anything on Easter and will attend the church service.
"Those who want will pray and go to church. I will be in church. This is my tradition. I rarely go but I am always in church on Christmas and Easter. I usually travel to the regions and visit those small churches," Lukashenko said as quoted by BelTA state news agency.
"I want to stress once more: we are not closing the road to church to anyone. That is my strong demand. We do not prohibit anything to anyone. We made this known to the leadership of all churches and creeds, including the Orthodox Church," he said.
Still he urged clergymen to preach outdoors near churches and place tables for blessing eggs and kulich cakes there too.
"You light a candle, walk out and go. All preaching is best near the church," Lukashenko said. "The tables should be put up in elevated places, where the wind blows and so on. So that this would not be indoors. To be on the safe side where possible. Clergymen should also realize that, especially in the cities," he said.
- Three Jehovah's Witnesses fined in Kirov 21 July 2021, 17:30
- Putin congratulates Russian Muslims on Eid al-Adha 20 July 2021, 11:20
- No one has the right to make a decision on vaccination for a person – Russian bishop 19 July 2021, 11:07
- Moscow Patriarchate will support Russian athletes in Tokyo 19 July 2021, 10:36
- Duma's Slutsky doubts impartiality of ECHR judges 16 July 2021, 21:26
- Three Jehovah's Witnesses given suspended prison sentences in Russia's Sverdlovsk Region 16 July 2021, 21:24
- Russia won't look for 'compromise' as concerns registering same-sex relations – Peskov 14 July 2021, 15:38
- ECHR judges who considered issue of same-sex marriage in Russia should resign - Duma speaker 14 July 2021, 10:05
- Russia won't follow ECHR recommendation on same-sex marriage - deputy head of Duma committee 14 July 2021, 10:03
- ECHR urges Russia to allow same-sex marriages 14 July 2021, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill asks Mishustin to support the bill banning surrogacy for foreigners 12 July 2021, 17:49
- Mosques in Moscow to be closed to believers on Eid al-Adha 12 July 2021, 10:25
- Diplomatic missions condemn violence at Tbilisi LGBT march 05 July 2021, 18:21
- March in support of LGBT community in Tbilisi cancelled 05 July 2021, 16:53
- Opponents of LGBT community attack journalists in Tbilisi 05 July 2021, 15:49
- Georgian PM asks LGBT community to cancel march in Tbilisi 05 July 2021, 15:48
- The anti-terrorist exercises held in Kiev synagogue with Israeli ambassador 05 July 2021, 11:24
- Main threat to the traditional morality of Russians emanates from U.S., allies - national security strategy 05 July 2021, 10:05
- Radicals in Tbilisi protest against LGBT events 02 July 2021, 10:06
- A thousand churches may collapse in Russia in the next ten years 01 July 2021, 18:04
- Moscow court outlaws Eye of God Telegram bot 01 July 2021, 17:58
- Russian Church proposes to make the Day of Crimea's Reunification with Russia a national holiday 30 June 2021, 14:23
- The Russian Church speaker advises to learn politeness and self-organization from the West 30 June 2021, 14:12
- A fire elevator removed a woman who became ill from the colonnade of St. Isaac 28 June 2021, 17:44
- Plans to remove Russians from list of native peoples of Ukraine utter nonsense - Russian Orthodox Church 28 June 2021, 11:18
- Russia not to link coronavirus vaccine supply to politics and religion 24 June 2021, 18:10
- Russian Church calls for a general mobilization against coronavirus 21 June 2021, 12:08
- Russian Orthodox Church supports ban on foreigners using surrogacy services 11 June 2021, 16:32
- Surrogacy to remain available to Russian citizens - Duma's Piskaryov 11 June 2021, 15:55
- Bill banning foreigners from using surrogacy services in Russia submitted to State Duma 11 June 2021, 15:54