03 April 2020, 17:10
Almost all members of the Moscow Jewish Community recovered from Covid-19
Moscow, April 3, Interfax - President of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia Alexander Boroda points out to the high level of self-discipline thanks to which Moscow Jews almost managed to win a victory over the pandemic in the community.
"17 members of the Jewish community have already been dismissed, there are no new cases of hospitalization. So almost all who were infected early in March recovered. Strict measures of self-isolation observed by the parishioners helped to prevent further spreading of coronavirus in the community," FJCR President Alexander Boroda told the journalists on Friday.
According to him, two members of the Jewish community were dismissed yesterday - a 56-year-old man from the hospital in Kommunarka, he had confirmed coronavirus, and a 47-year-old woman from the Sklifosovsky Research Institute, she was hospitalized with pneumonia and coronavirus was not confirmed.
"They feel well and will continue their treatment at home, in the coming weeks they will observe self-isolation," he said.
It was earlier reported that rabbi of the Moscow synagogue in Bolshaya Bronnaya Street Itzhak Kogan and his wife Hanna were also discharged from the hospital.
- Patriarch Bartholomew’s arrival to Ukraine may launch persecutions against the UOC, canonical church official believes 02 December 2020, 11:50
- Civic Chamber calls for barring access of foreigners, single Russians to surrogacy services - newspaper 02 December 2020, 11:10
- Armenian opposition member ends hunger strike after visit of catholicos 01 December 2020, 13:59
- Another Jehovah's Witness put under house arrest instead of detention 30 November 2020, 12:42
- Russian court refuses to arrest 3 Jehovah's Witnesses accused of setting up extremist organization 27 November 2020, 18:41
- Press secretary of Belarusian Orthodox Church who condemned dismantling memorial to late activist Bondarenko in Minsk resigns 27 November 2020, 15:31
- Courts extends detention of 3 managers of Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia, all charged with setting up extremist organization 26 November 2020, 20:11
- Amendments to Russian Family Code affirming supremacy of Constitution, 'moral fundamentals' over int'l law pass 1st reading in State Duma 26 November 2020, 16:08
- Jehovah's Witnesses Detained in Russia charged with setting up extremist organization, Investigative Committee requests their arrest - court 26 November 2020, 16:06
- Rabbi Lazar rejected accusations of Jewish communities in irresponsible attitude to the pandemic 26 November 2020, 15:19
- Russian expert sees danger in Turkey's aspiration to become Islamic world leader 26 November 2020, 14:53
- Rostov-on-Don court sentences leader of Aum Shinrikyo, banned in Russia, to 15 years in high-security penitentiary 26 November 2020, 13:24
- Lawyers appeal extension of custody for Church of Last Testament founder, 2 other defendants 25 November 2020, 20:09
- Russian Orthodox Church appreciates Cypriot bishops who refuse to recognize new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 18:45
- Church of Cyprus's Synod supports recognition of new church of Ukraine 25 November 2020, 16:03
- Jehovah's Witnesses' activities still banned in Russia - Peskov 25 November 2020, 12:51
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11