19 March 2020, 19:02
Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques
Dushanbe, March 19, Interfax - The Committee for Religious Affairs with the Tajik government has lifted the ban introduced at the beginning of March on joint prayers in mosques, head of the committee's press service Afshin Mukim said to Interfax.
The ban was imposed due to the threat of the spread of the coronavirus.
"Today the committee told the public that after the completion of all preventive efforts at all of the country's religious associations joint prayers can resume starting with tomorrow," Mukim said on Thursday.
"With the purpose of preventing infectious diseases, including the coronavirus, we are urging everyone to strictly observe sanitation requirements during joint religious events," the committee representative said.
According to the Health Ministry, Tajikistan does not have a single case of infection with the coronavirus so far.
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04
- Jews all over the world celebrate the Victory Day according to the Jewish calendar 19 May 2020, 12:15
- Putin recommends Russian Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fitr at home (updated) 18 May 2020, 16:30
- World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic 18 May 2020, 13:38
- LGBT activists in Georgia hold annual rally online due to pandemic 18 May 2020, 11:39
- Life has become a priority first time in Russian history during Covid-19 pandemic - Jewish leader 15 May 2020, 12:22
- Family climate worsens for 10% of Russians in self-isolation, 19% claim opposite - poll 14 May 2020, 18:53
- Eid al-Fitr will not cause crowds outside Moscow's main mosque this year due to coronavirus 14 May 2020, 18:49
- Yakut shaman Gabyshev forcibly taken to mental hospital 12 May 2020, 19:07
- Annual Jewish parade to commemorate the end of epidemic will be held online 12 May 2020, 13:13
- Metropolitan Hilarion opposes Stalin's mosaic portrait at Russia's Armed Forces main church 12 May 2020, 10:26
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls it symbolic that global struggle against coronavirus coincides with jubilee of the Victory 08 May 2020, 16:09
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov hospitalized with suspected coronavirus 08 May 2020, 15:27
- "Jewish" Victory Day won't be postponed because of coronavirus 07 May 2020, 17:54
- Tradition to celebrate birthdays with homeless people appeared in Moscow during the pandemic 07 May 2020, 17:51
- Police open criminal case into deaths of dogs from nunnery shelter near Tula 07 May 2020, 12:31
- Patriarch Kirill blesses sending of humanitarian aid to Belarus to counter coronavirus epidemic 07 May 2020, 10:00
- Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius chief physician dies of coronavirus 06 May 2020, 14:07