13 January 2020, 19:36
The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Stalin could have become a good bishop
Moscow, January 13, Interfax - Joseph Stalin could have become a good church leader, if he had graduated from a seminary and had not abandoned the Church, the Russian Church Education Committee official said.
"He had an ability to manage, to see the things globally, to take strategical decisions. If he had not rejected the Christian tradition (or if had not been pushed away) and his abilities to strategic decisions and global outlook had been combined with Gospels morality, mercy and forgiveness, Stalin could have become a good leader - either a church or a state one," head of the Russian Church Education Committee Archpriest Maxim Kozlov said in his interview with Business-Online website.
Thus the archpriest answered the question if he would have excluded Joseph Dzhugashvili from the seminary in Tiflis, if he had studied there in his times.
According to him, each person is destined by God to salvation and everyone has an opportunity to grow up to the level of a saint.
"We are not Calvinists who believe that certain people are destined to perish while others would certainly be saved. Thus, Stalin had a potential to the very high growth," the Russian Church official said.
He also noted that the more gifts a person who abandoned God had, the louder was his crash.
"Let us remember Leo Tolstoy, the measure of his talent and the measure of his worldview crash and scarcity in the end of his days. The same situation is here - if someone could have predicted who Joseph Dzhugashvili would be and had a chance not to lose this person, the best pedagogues of the Russian Church should have been attracted in order to direct him to the right way," the Education Committee head said.
- Head of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Kirov was fined for about 6,500 USD 23 October 2020, 18:32
- Over 20 "caliphate builders" exposed in North Caucasus 23 October 2020, 12:38
- Russian Church concerned about possibility of illegal use of personal data 22 October 2020, 20:15
- Estonia to hold a referendum on marriage as a union of man and woman in spring 22 October 2020, 19:50
- Russian Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov dies 21 October 2020, 20:31
- Attackers of Hasid teens in Uman must be brought to account - Ukraine's foreign minister 20 October 2020, 10:43
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz in Vatican, discusses his return to Belarus 20 October 2020, 10:41
- Catholics conveyed a church in the center of Spanish Granada to Moscow Patriarchate 15 October 2020, 18:29
- Head of Russian Catholics contracts coronavirus 15 October 2020, 15:18
- The first Russian doctoral thesis on Islamic theology earned 15 October 2020, 14:03
- FJCR considers Kiev's order to pray for pogrom-makers an insult of the Jewish people 15 October 2020, 13:42
- A source learned about the death of another child from a surrogate mother in St. Petersburg 15 October 2020, 12:35
- Church against exploiting Russian women as surrogate mothers by foreigners 13 October 2020, 20:01
- Patriarch Kirill calls for putting end to bloodshed in Nagorno-Karabakh 13 October 2020, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill tests negative for coronavirus 12 October 2020, 10:14
- Baku dismisses accusations of shelling upon cathedral in Nagorno-Karabakh 09 October 2020, 18:12
- Ecological park inspired by a local bishop opened in Omsk 09 October 2020, 17:28
- Jews will celebrate the feast of Torah with restrictions due to coronavirus 09 October 2020, 17:08
- JW couple gets suspended sentences in Kostroma 09 October 2020, 17:00
- Patriarch Kirill calls pandemic the last call for humanity 09 October 2020, 16:39
- Head of Jewish organization of Nazi concentration camp and ghetto prisoners dies 09 October 2020, 10:04
- Azerbaijan renews attack on church in Shushi, Stepanakert claims 08 October 2020, 18:18
- Patriarch Kirill in quarantine after contact with coronavirus patient (updated) 08 October 2020, 18:15
- Unrecognized Karabakh head promises to rebuild cathedral destroyed in Azerbaijan's missile strike 08 October 2020, 17:35
- New Vatican ambassador to arrive in Belarus on Oct 11 08 October 2020, 17:21
- Organizer, 5 followers of Ulyanovsk Jehovah's Witnesses group get suspended prison terms 08 October 2020, 15:51
- Coronavirus restrictions re-introduced in Russian synagogues 08 October 2020, 14:42
- Islamist suspected of attempt to carry out terrorist attack in court, prosecutor's office detained in Stavropol 07 October 2020, 17:01
- Orthodox bishop of Kyrgyzstan urges citizens to pray for peace 06 October 2020, 15:40
- Many-storeyed business center in Kiev in honor of pride month will be illuminated with a rainbow flag 06 October 2020, 13:59