13 October 2019, 20:35
Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office
Alma-Ata, October 13, Interfax - Investigative measures authorized by a local court have been taken in the Kazakh city of Alma-Ata at the office of the Jehovah's Witnesses religious organization and the places of residence of some of its members suspected of sexual offences against minors, the press service of the city police department said.
"These measures were taken as part of the materials of pre-trial investigations launched based on citizens' complaints into possible crimes under Part 3 of Article 122 (sexual intercourse or other sexual offences against persons under the age of 16) of the Criminal Code of [Kazakhstan]," it said.
The suspects are under investigation over crimes against sexual inviolability of citizens under the age of 16, the police said.
"Information about the suspects cannot be disclosed for legal reasons," it said.
The Russian Supreme Court earlier designated the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia and all of its 395 regional branches as an extremist organization and banned their activities in Russia.
- Yekaterinburg diocese bans services of priest who cursed those who close churches over pandemic 27 May 2020, 11:17
- Defense team for Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev asks ECHR for urgent effort toward his release 26 May 2020, 13:56
- Chief rabbi of Russia believes attention to our neighbors to be the main achievement of the pandemic 25 May 2020, 16:12
- Coronavirus may be part of biopsychological war - Russian Orthodox Church 25 May 2020, 15:09
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04
- Jews all over the world celebrate the Victory Day according to the Jewish calendar 19 May 2020, 12:15
- Putin recommends Russian Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fitr at home (updated) 18 May 2020, 16:30
- World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic 18 May 2020, 13:38
- LGBT activists in Georgia hold annual rally online due to pandemic 18 May 2020, 11:39
- Life has become a priority first time in Russian history during Covid-19 pandemic - Jewish leader 15 May 2020, 12:22
- Family climate worsens for 10% of Russians in self-isolation, 19% claim opposite - poll 14 May 2020, 18:53
- Eid al-Fitr will not cause crowds outside Moscow's main mosque this year due to coronavirus 14 May 2020, 18:49
- Yakut shaman Gabyshev forcibly taken to mental hospital 12 May 2020, 19:07
- Annual Jewish parade to commemorate the end of epidemic will be held online 12 May 2020, 13:13
- Metropolitan Hilarion opposes Stalin's mosaic portrait at Russia's Armed Forces main church 12 May 2020, 10:26
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls it symbolic that global struggle against coronavirus coincides with jubilee of the Victory 08 May 2020, 16:09
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov hospitalized with suspected coronavirus 08 May 2020, 15:27
- "Jewish" Victory Day won't be postponed because of coronavirus 07 May 2020, 17:54