04 October 2019, 10:00
The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU
Beirut, October 4, Interfax - The Maronite Patriarchate denies the information that the visit of delegation of the new Church of Ukraine was held on invitation of the Maronite Patriarch of Antioch and the whole East.
"Maronite Patriarch of Antioch and the Whole Levant cardinal Bechara Boutros Rahi has never sent an invitation to the so-called OCU, as it was hurriedly reported by the OCU and spread by mass media," a source in the Maronite Patriarchate familiar with the situation reports.
He explained that members of a Maronite family brought a statue of St.Maron from Ukraine and set it up in their village in Lebanon. To celebrate the consecration of the statue they sent invitations to all Ukrainian Churches.
"On the request of Ukrainian Maronites, the Patriarchate provided Christian hospitality to the members of delegation even not knowing who they were," patriarchate's officials stressed pointing out that their contacts have never exceeded the frames of ordinary polite greetings, and there has never been even mentioning of invitation to come to Lebanon with an official visit conveyed to the OCU head or any other cleric."
Having learnt about misinformation about the OCU visit, the Maronite Patriarchate demanded through its representatives in Ukraine to correct this fake reports. However, according to the source, the OCU refused to make corrections.
"The Maronite Patriarchate is outraged with improper methods of the new Ukrainian structure that is desperately trying to gain recognition by unrighteous way, though its officials have discredited themselves by their own behavior," the source said.
- Russia's historical mission is to keep Europe from breaking away from the Christian tradition - Foreign Intelligence Service chief 22 October 2019, 11:54
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57