26 September 2019, 15:53
Ukraine will not tolerate crimes based on anti-Semitism, xenophobia, intolerance - Zelensky
Kiev, September 26, Interfax - Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky promised at a meeting with representatives of Jewish organizations in New York that Ukraine will not tolerate crimes related to anti-Semitism, xenophobia and intolerance, the Ukrainian presidential website reported.
"The hype on the issue of anti-Semitism in Ukraine is a provocation. We are committed to preventing crimes rooted in anti-Semitism, xenophobia and intolerance," Zelensky said.
The Jewish community said significant progress has been made on these fronts.
Zelensky said his team's goal is to change the country so that it "becomes the global brand of everything innovative." For this purpose, the state needs the experience of the United States of America and Israel, and Zelensky asked representatives of Jewish organizations to help draw American and Israeli investors to Ukraine.
The representatives of Jewish organizations are also interested in reforms in Ukraine aimed at economic growth and preventing corruption.
The president thanked the Jewish community for strengthening the strategic relations of Ukraine and the United States, as well as for supporting the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the country. Chief Rabbi of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Ukraine Shmuel Kaminetsky, for his part, said the Jewish community of the United States is providing constant support to Jews in Ukraine.
- 'God Kuzya' accomplices detained in Moscow 17 January 2020, 17:59
- Sword seized from Yakut shaman returned 17 January 2020, 17:58
- Task of Jewish community is address help to people - Rabbi Lazar 16 January 2020, 20:43
- New U.S. ambassador to Russia prefers ice hockey to ice-water dips 16 January 2020, 18:18
- Russian Church praises Putin's attention to traditional values of Russians 15 January 2020, 17:49
- Georgian patriarch becomes godfather to another 500 children 15 January 2020, 15:06
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Stalin could have become a good bishop 13 January 2020, 19:36
- Russian Church predicts further schisms in western Protestant Churches 13 January 2020, 16:32
- Russian Church believes churches are good for making Orthodox acquaintances 13 January 2020, 14:10
- Russian Orthodox Church sees dangers in reduction of marriage age in Russia 13 January 2020, 14:05
- The Russian Church expects Putin will refer to health care and education in his yearly address 13 January 2020, 13:55
- Filaret recalls signature under UOC-KP liquidation 13 January 2020, 10:06
- Jehovah's Witnesses' activities shut down in Murmansk 30 December 2019, 21:02
- Putin sends Christmas, New Year's greetings to European leaders 30 December 2019, 19:14
- ROC calls for protection of rights of Orthodox Christians in Montenegro 30 December 2019, 16:04
- Georgian patriarch, cardinal from Vatican discuss challenges faced by Christian world 30 December 2019, 11:11
- Over 100 'program' churches built in Moscow over 9 years 27 December 2019, 19:56
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of patriarch of Alexandria for recognizing new church of Ukraine 26 December 2019, 16:45
- Leader of Jehovah's Witnesses in Vologda detained in extremist organization probe 25 December 2019, 19:46
- Russian Jews agree with Putin's opinion on Polish ambassador who supported Hitler 25 December 2019, 17:51
- Cassation court posthumously acquits Orthodox dissident Shchipkova 40 years after sentencing 25 December 2019, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill on Christmas Day calls on Pope, other Christian leaders to combine efforts to help people affected by armed conflicts 25 December 2019, 15:25
- Some 64% of Ukrainians don't support shifting Christmas celebrations to December 25 - opinion poll 25 December 2019, 11:53
- Russian Orthodox Church could open parishes in Africa if Patriarchate of Alexandria sides with Ukrainian schism - Metropolitan Hilarion (updated) 24 December 2019, 21:48
- U.S. Department of State report on freedom of religion in Russia not worthy of attention - Russian Orthodox Church 23 December 2019, 13:52
- Patriarch Kirill's ex-press secretary appointed to new position 20 December 2019, 16:19
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod to make decision on Patriarch of Alexandria after his recognition of OCU next week 20 December 2019, 14:51
- Six Jehovah's Witnesses convicted in Penza 13 December 2019, 16:23
- Rosobrnadzor bans acceptance of students to seminary of Evangelical-Lutheran church 13 December 2019, 11:38
- Patriarch Kirill calls to continue fight for Orthodox unity in 2020 12 December 2019, 10:04