20 June 2019, 18:46
"Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution
Kiev, June 20, Interfax - The meeting held on Thursday by Filaret Denisenko and called by him the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate (UOC-KP) cancelled a resolution of the December 15, 2018 Bishops' Council of UOC-KP on its liquidation.
"The Local Council does not approve but cancels the resolution of the bishops' or so-called Local Council because it was not a Local Council but the collection of signatures of hierarchs, one priest and two laymen on the nominal liquidation of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate at the requirement of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. The unifying council of Ukrainian churches on December 15, 2018 and the issue of the tomos of autocephaly would have been impossible without the nominal liquidation of the Kiev patriarchate," a resolution of the Local Council of the UOC-KP obtained by Interfax says.
The document says that UOC-KP "is registered by a government body and continues to exist and operate."
It also says that Patriarch of Kiev and all Russia Filaret "elected for life at the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Kiev Patriarchate) on October 20-22, 1995" remains the head of the UOC-KP.
In line with the resolution, UOC-KP continues to own all means and property acquired at its own expense or received from government bodies or local self-government bodies, including churches, monasteries and educational institutions. All bank accounts are accounts of the Kiev Patriarchate as a legal entity.
All the monasteries in Kiev as well as all the parishes in Kiev are to be governed by the Kiev Patriarchate, the document says.
The resolution says that the tomos of autocephaly extended to the new church of Ukraine on January 6, 2019 in Istanbul does not comply with the charter of autocephalous Churches as it makes UOC dependent on the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
"The council thanks Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew and all bishops of the Mother Church for attempting to resolve the Ukrainian church problem but we are not satisfied with the contents of the tomos of autocephaly of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church," the resolution says.
The document says that the charter of UOC-KP adopted at the council on May 13, 2016 and registered by the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture on July 8, 2016 remains its effective charter.
- Head of the Jewish community of Russia approves of rejuvenation procedures 19 September 2019, 21:35
- The court in Ukraine returns citizenship to the deported rector of the Desyatinny Monastery 19 September 2019, 20:38
- Urals Economics University not to expel student over contacts with LGBT 19 September 2019, 18:18
- Kadyrov ready for dialogue with PACE rep on rights of LGBT persons in Chechnya, although finds problem far-fetched 19 September 2019, 18:13
- High-ranking Culture Ministry official charged with misappropriating money provided for restoration of Solovki objects 19 September 2019, 18:12
- Russian Orthodox Church initiates probe into possible infringement of rights of people prosecuted after Moscow summer riots 18 September 2019, 20:36
- Priests' letter in support of protesters is political declaration - Russian Orthodox Church 18 September 2019, 20:05
- Seventeen clandestine ISIL cells uncovered in Russia in 2019 17 September 2019, 18:06
- Putin says he sees Israel as Russian-speaking country 17 September 2019, 18:04
- Parishioners of the "Russian exarchate" in Paris enthusiastic about joining the Russian Orthodox Church 16 September 2019, 17:45
- Return of 'Russian exarchate' became possible due to radical changes in Russian Church, Russia in general - Patriarch Kirill 16 September 2019, 16:26
- Russian Orthodox Church denies rumors that head of Russian Church Abroad is missing 16 September 2019, 16:25
- Israel condemns defacing of monument to Holocaust victims in Ukraine's Nikolaev Region, demands perpetrators be punished 16 September 2019, 13:20
- The Russian Church about return of “Russian exarchate” parishes under its jurisdiction: a long way is almost accomplished 14 September 2019, 21:29
- Head of "Russian exarchate" of Constantinople joins Russian Orthodox Church 14 September 2019, 18:44
- Imam Velitov, convicted for justification of terrorism, leaves colony in Astrakhan 13 September 2019, 16:52
- Ukrainian court freezes "Kiev Patriarchate" liquidation 12 September 2019, 20:25
- Priest Alexander Volkov dismissed from the post of patriarchal press secretary 12 September 2019, 20:22
- Orthodox Businessman Malofeyev to leave A Just Russia 6 months after joining it 12 September 2019, 17:23
- Common moral, ethical values of all religions in Russia ensure state stability of country - Putin 12 September 2019, 17:21
- Guilt of men charged with attempted murder of Imam Chumakov unproven - Ingushetia jury 11 September 2019, 10:53
- State Dept. announces sanctions against 2 high-ranking Surgut investigators over Jehovah's Witnesses case (updated) 10 September 2019, 18:48
- The Russian Church official call modern Russian men a "national tragedy" 09 September 2019, 11:56
- The Russian Church will accept communities of the "Russian exarchate" ready to join it 09 September 2019, 11:20
- Russian Orthodox Church to continue reunification consultations with "Russian exarchate" 09 September 2019, 11:00
- Russian Jews to unveil monument to Roma victims of Nazism 05 September 2019, 16:00
- Jerusalem Patriarch takes the side of Russian Church in the "Ukrainian question" 05 September 2019, 15:57
- Constantinople appoints head of "Russian exarchate" a metropolitan responsible for establishing new church in Ukraine 05 September 2019, 13:06
- "Russian exarchate" in Europe refused to subordinate to Constantinople 04 September 2019, 10:54
- Some 40,000 Hasidic pilgrims expected to attend Rosh Hashanah celebration in Ukraine 03 September 2019, 11:07