20 June 2019, 18:46
"Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution
Kiev, June 20, Interfax - The meeting held on Thursday by Filaret Denisenko and called by him the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate (UOC-KP) cancelled a resolution of the December 15, 2018 Bishops' Council of UOC-KP on its liquidation.
"The Local Council does not approve but cancels the resolution of the bishops' or so-called Local Council because it was not a Local Council but the collection of signatures of hierarchs, one priest and two laymen on the nominal liquidation of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate at the requirement of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. The unifying council of Ukrainian churches on December 15, 2018 and the issue of the tomos of autocephaly would have been impossible without the nominal liquidation of the Kiev patriarchate," a resolution of the Local Council of the UOC-KP obtained by Interfax says.
The document says that UOC-KP "is registered by a government body and continues to exist and operate."
It also says that Patriarch of Kiev and all Russia Filaret "elected for life at the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Kiev Patriarchate) on October 20-22, 1995" remains the head of the UOC-KP.
In line with the resolution, UOC-KP continues to own all means and property acquired at its own expense or received from government bodies or local self-government bodies, including churches, monasteries and educational institutions. All bank accounts are accounts of the Kiev Patriarchate as a legal entity.
All the monasteries in Kiev as well as all the parishes in Kiev are to be governed by the Kiev Patriarchate, the document says.
The resolution says that the tomos of autocephaly extended to the new church of Ukraine on January 6, 2019 in Istanbul does not comply with the charter of autocephalous Churches as it makes UOC dependent on the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
"The council thanks Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew and all bishops of the Mother Church for attempting to resolve the Ukrainian church problem but we are not satisfied with the contents of the tomos of autocephaly of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church," the resolution says.
The document says that the charter of UOC-KP adopted at the council on May 13, 2016 and registered by the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture on July 8, 2016 remains its effective charter.
- Russian army's main church due to open on June 22 29 May 2020, 17:38
- The quarantine time is optimal for spiritual growth, Patriarch Kirill believes 29 May 2020, 13:10
- Defense team of Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev challenges his commitment to psychiatric hospital in court 29 May 2020, 11:50
- Trial of Aum Shinrikyo's Russian cell head begins in Rostov-on-Don 27 May 2020, 21:23
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova does not know much about coronavirus, but prays for the sick 27 May 2020, 18:17
- The Protection Monastery in Moscow with St. Matrona relics opened for parishioners in spite of the acting ban of Russian Church 27 May 2020, 17:04
- Yekaterinburg diocese bans services of priest who cursed those who close churches over pandemic 27 May 2020, 11:17
- Defense team for Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev asks ECHR for urgent effort toward his release 26 May 2020, 13:56
- Chief rabbi of Russia believes attention to our neighbors to be the main achievement of the pandemic 25 May 2020, 16:12
- Coronavirus may be part of biopsychological war - Russian Orthodox Church 25 May 2020, 15:09
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04
- Jews all over the world celebrate the Victory Day according to the Jewish calendar 19 May 2020, 12:15
- Putin recommends Russian Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fitr at home (updated) 18 May 2020, 16:30
- World Russian People's Assembly, led by Patriarch Kirill, demands investigation into causes of pandemic 18 May 2020, 13:38
- LGBT activists in Georgia hold annual rally online due to pandemic 18 May 2020, 11:39
- Life has become a priority first time in Russian history during Covid-19 pandemic - Jewish leader 15 May 2020, 12:22
- Family climate worsens for 10% of Russians in self-isolation, 19% claim opposite - poll 14 May 2020, 18:53
- Eid al-Fitr will not cause crowds outside Moscow's main mosque this year due to coronavirus 14 May 2020, 18:49