20 May 2019, 14:07
Patriarch Kirill calculated that without abortions population of Russia will increase up to 166 million in twenty years
Moscow, May 20, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow of Russia pointed out to calculations according to which population of Russia will increase up to 166 million in case the country bans abortions.
"First of all, we should settle the problem of abortions in the scale it is existing today, and if each year a million of now aborted children will be born than in ten years we will have 156 million, and in twenty years - 166 million," he said in Moscow at his meeting with Women for Life representatives.
The patriarch is convinced that no money infusions will help increase the population.
"That’s why the struggle for life is based on our conviction that according to God’s word to kill a person (and a human life starts from the moment of conception), to kill a human being is a great sin," Patriarch Kirill said.
The primate believes that protection of unborn children should be a priority for all those who care for the future of our Motherland.
- Synod of Ukraine's new Church deprives Filaret of right to run Kiev Diocese 24 June 2019, 17:53
- Underground church discovered in Moldavia 24 June 2019, 17:49
- Georgian patriarch urges not to make mistakes 24 June 2019, 17:44
- Audience of films showing drugs should be warned of danger – Russian Church 24 June 2019, 14:15
- Georgia's LGBT community postpones march due to tensions 24 June 2019, 11:07
- Head of Georgian delegation in IAO refuses parliamentary mandate following riots in Tbilisi 21 June 2019, 17:37
- Filaret's 'local assembly' shows Constantinople project in Ukraine is not viable - Russian Orthodox Church 20 June 2019, 19:39
- Defense minister accuses U.S. of supporting non-mainstream religious entities in Russia 20 June 2019, 19:07
- Filaret, supporters to leave Ukraine's new church on June 24 - new church of Ukraine 20 June 2019, 19:03
- IAO delegation led by Russian MP leaving Tbilisi early 20 June 2019, 18:58
- Ivanishvili lashes out at organizers of Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy session for electing Russian as chair 20 June 2019, 18:56
- Filaret thinks Ukraine can have 3 Orthodox Churches 20 June 2019, 18:51
- "Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution 20 June 2019, 18:46
- Georgian president rules out 'Orthodox union' of Georgia and Russia 20 June 2019, 13:40
- Religion section editor of Dagestani newspaper suspected of financing terrorism arrested for 2 months 19 June 2019, 17:14
- Memorial in place of the second biggest burial of the Holocaust victims opened in Caucasus 19 June 2019, 17:09
- The Georgian Church official accuses US acting ambassador of trying to aggravate the situation around LGBT-action in Georgia 18 June 2019, 11:09
- Religion department editor of the Dagestani newspaper detained on suspicion of terrorism financing 17 June 2019, 11:30
- Russian Catholics don’t believe in islamization of Europe 07 June 2019, 15:30
- Leaders, members of 15 Jehovah's Witnesses cells held in Dagestan 07 June 2019, 10:55
- World will be better if people follow Bible, Torah, Koran - Putin 06 June 2019, 18:01
- Russian Catholics urge not to have illusions about possible pontiff's visit to Moscow 06 June 2019, 17:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church is not ready to welcome the Pope of Rome in Moscow 06 June 2019, 16:04
- Putin to meet with Pope Francis 06 June 2019, 14:34
- Russian Jews pray for “lifting up” the soul of the reposed wife of the Israel’s president 06 June 2019, 11:32
- Russia's Jews present country as example of tolerance for Europe 04 June 2019, 18:48
- Remembrance of Great Patriotic War protects Russia from xenophobia, anti-Semitism - Putin 04 June 2019, 17:48
- Putin attends unveiling of monument to heroes of resistance in concentration camps 04 June 2019, 17:41
- Russian Muslim community plays major role in combating extremist ideology - PM Medvedev 04 June 2019, 11:28
- Putin notes Russian Muslims' contribution to peoples' unity, fight against extremism 04 June 2019, 11:25