20 March 2019, 20:56
Two U.S. Mormons convicted in Kuban for illegal missionary activities leave Russia
Krasnodar, March 20, Interfax - The two U.S. citizens, who were earlier prosecuted in the Krasnodar Territory for violating Russian laws on missionary activities, have left Russia.
"Early this morning, U.S. citizens Kole Brodowski and David Udo Hague safely departed from Krasnodar on an air flight to Istanbul, where they boarded a New York-bound flight. They must be on their way now," Yury Kozhokin, spokesman for the Rostov branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, told Interfax.
An informed source told Interfax that before departure, the two paid fines they had been ordered to pay by the Russian court.
"They have paid 30,000 rubles each in administrative fines ordered by the court. They are not going to appeal the judgment," the source said.
Earlier on March 15, the Krasnodar Territory's Gulkevichi District Court found the two U.S. nationals guilty of "undertaking missionary activities in violation of requirements set in the legislation on freedom of conscience, freedom of religion and religious associations," as described in the relevant article of the Administrative Offences Code of the Russian Federation.
The court fined each of them 30,000 rubles and ordered their deportation.
In addition, the Primorsky District Court earlier found Brodowski and Hague guilty of violating border regulations in a border area. The ruling has taken effect.
Both were sentenced to a 2,000-ruble fine and deportation from Russia.
According to the indictment, last February, in contradiction to the purpose of their visit that they declared when entering Russia, the two Americans engaged in teaching activities in Russia's Novorossiysk.
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on media to refrain from labeling Archpriest Stremsky as pedophile before court ruling 27 September 2019, 16:51
- Defense lawyers for Orenburg priest charged with child sexual abuse appeal his arrest 27 September 2019, 16:03
- About ten priests came to the court to vouch for a person involved in Moscow case 27 September 2019, 11:41
- Gay couple from Russia, who are witnesses in case involving children they adopted, seeking asylum in U.S 26 September 2019, 19:58