18 March 2019, 18:30
C. Asia's most unique mosque to be built in Astana - Nazarbayev
Astana, March 18, Interfax - Kazakh President Nursultan Nazabayev has participated in the groundbreaking ceremony on the construction site of a new mosque in Astana on Monday, the presidential press service said.
"A beautiful, unique mosque, which will have no equals in Central Asia, is to be built here," Nazarbayev said.
The Kazakh president expressed confidence that the new mosque would be the pride of the entire Muslim community and become another landmark in the capital of the country.
"The state budget will not be used to implement this project. A special fund, which also accepts donations of other Kazakhstanis, has been created for the construction. I am grateful to all businesspeople, who succeeded during the years of independence and are now participating in this good deed," the president said.
The new mosque should become one of the new tourist attractions in Astana, Nazarbayev said.
"The mosque is a landmark facility for the capital. We studied all similar existing facilities and have chosen the best project. I will personally control its implementation. I wish success to us all," he said.
The total area of the new mosque will be 57,000 square meters, the height of minarets 130 meters, the diameter of the dome 63 meters. The religious compound will house a museum of Islam, a library, a workshop, and other institutions.
On the same day, Nazarbayev visited the new building of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Kazakhstan in Astana's Almaty District to learn about the administration's activity and future plans and talk with its employees.
"All conditions were created for your work. You and I work for the benefit of our people. If there is no unity and accord in the country, it has no future," the Kazakh president said.
Nazarbayev congratulated everyone in attendance on the upcoming holiday of Nauryz Meiramy and whished the personnel of the Spiritual Administration success in their work.
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on media to refrain from labeling Archpriest Stremsky as pedophile before court ruling 27 September 2019, 16:51
- Defense lawyers for Orenburg priest charged with child sexual abuse appeal his arrest 27 September 2019, 16:03
- About ten priests came to the court to vouch for a person involved in Moscow case 27 September 2019, 11:41
- Gay couple from Russia, who are witnesses in case involving children they adopted, seeking asylum in U.S 26 September 2019, 19:58