19 March 2019, 10:40
Erdogan invited to inaugurate Crimean mosque - Putin (updated)
Simferopol, March 18, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin said he invited Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan for the opening of a mosque in Crimea, and the Turkish president's reaction to it was favorable.
During Putin's meeting with local representatives in the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol on Monday, the Mufti of Crimea, Emirali Ablayev, invited Putin for the opening of the mosque and suggested that he also invite Erdogan. "He won't say no to you," Ablayev said.
"I have already invited Turkish President Erdogan, he is aware of that. And as far as I understand, his attitude towards this offer has been very positive. We'll see how things will turn out in reality, whether he will have the time, possibility to come over," Putin said.
Binyamin Volf, the rabbi of Sevastopol, said at the meeting that the construction of a synagogue at the site of a 1941 massacre of Jews in the city was nearing completion.
He invited Putin to its opening and the latter in turn proposed inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as well.
"Your colleague to the right asked President Erdogan [to attend the opening of a mosque in Crimea]. Let us also invite the prime minister of Israel, let him come for the opening of the synagogue," Putin said.
"I think we will be able to finish building the synagogue by the end of the year, but right now there is a delay due to financing issues. I think they will be solved," Volf said.
"Jews have problems with finances. This is only possible in Crimea. Toda Raba [thank you very much in Jewish]," Putin said.
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on media to refrain from labeling Archpriest Stremsky as pedophile before court ruling 27 September 2019, 16:51
- Defense lawyers for Orenburg priest charged with child sexual abuse appeal his arrest 27 September 2019, 16:03
- About ten priests came to the court to vouch for a person involved in Moscow case 27 September 2019, 11:41
- Gay couple from Russia, who are witnesses in case involving children they adopted, seeking asylum in U.S 26 September 2019, 19:58