06 November 2018, 11:52
Russian Church considers opening of additional parishes abroad for its believers in regard of break with Constantinople
Moscow, November 6, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate is studying the possibility of opening new parishes in those places abroad where its faithful were deprived of the opportunity to take communion due to the break with the Constantinople Church.
"The suspension of communication of the Moscow and Constantinople Patriarchates because of non-canonical actions of Constantinople for the Ukrainian Church forces Russian Church to make greater efforts in the spiritual care of its believers in diaspora," the deputy head of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Nikolay Balashov told Interfax.
Therefore management of the Moscow Patriarchate for foreign institutions is currently examining the queries coming from different parts of the world where some of the believers of Russian Orthodox Church visited the parishes under the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople.
"The task is to open the parishes of Russian Orthodox Church in the appropriate places as soon as possible," the priest explained. At the same time, he specified that it is "primarily about those countries that are outside the canonical jurisdiction of a local Orthodox Churches."
In September, Patriarch Bartholomew sent two exarchs to Kiev to prepare for the establishment of an autocephalous church independent from the Moscow Patriarchate. On October 11, the Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate abrogated its ordinance of 1686 that put the Kiev Metropolitanate under the jurisdiction of the Moscow Patriarchate, announced the opening of a mission in Kiev, and rehabilitated the leaders of the unrecognized Ukrainian Orthodox churches. In response, the Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate announced that it was fully severing its relations with the Constantinople Patriarchate.
- Synod of Ukraine's new Church deprives Filaret of right to run Kiev Diocese 24 June 2019, 17:53
- Underground church discovered in Moldavia 24 June 2019, 17:49
- Georgian patriarch urges not to make mistakes 24 June 2019, 17:44
- Audience of films showing drugs should be warned of danger – Russian Church 24 June 2019, 14:15
- Georgia's LGBT community postpones march due to tensions 24 June 2019, 11:07
- Head of Georgian delegation in IAO refuses parliamentary mandate following riots in Tbilisi 21 June 2019, 17:37
- Filaret's 'local assembly' shows Constantinople project in Ukraine is not viable - Russian Orthodox Church 20 June 2019, 19:39
- Defense minister accuses U.S. of supporting non-mainstream religious entities in Russia 20 June 2019, 19:07
- Filaret, supporters to leave Ukraine's new church on June 24 - new church of Ukraine 20 June 2019, 19:03
- IAO delegation led by Russian MP leaving Tbilisi early 20 June 2019, 18:58
- Ivanishvili lashes out at organizers of Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy session for electing Russian as chair 20 June 2019, 18:56
- Filaret thinks Ukraine can have 3 Orthodox Churches 20 June 2019, 18:51
- "Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution 20 June 2019, 18:46
- Georgian president rules out 'Orthodox union' of Georgia and Russia 20 June 2019, 13:40
- Religion section editor of Dagestani newspaper suspected of financing terrorism arrested for 2 months 19 June 2019, 17:14
- Memorial in place of the second biggest burial of the Holocaust victims opened in Caucasus 19 June 2019, 17:09
- The Georgian Church official accuses US acting ambassador of trying to aggravate the situation around LGBT-action in Georgia 18 June 2019, 11:09
- Religion department editor of the Dagestani newspaper detained on suspicion of terrorism financing 17 June 2019, 11:30
- Russian Catholics don’t believe in islamization of Europe 07 June 2019, 15:30
- Leaders, members of 15 Jehovah's Witnesses cells held in Dagestan 07 June 2019, 10:55
- World will be better if people follow Bible, Torah, Koran - Putin 06 June 2019, 18:01
- Russian Catholics urge not to have illusions about possible pontiff's visit to Moscow 06 June 2019, 17:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church is not ready to welcome the Pope of Rome in Moscow 06 June 2019, 16:04
- Putin to meet with Pope Francis 06 June 2019, 14:34
- Russian Jews pray for “lifting up” the soul of the reposed wife of the Israel’s president 06 June 2019, 11:32
- Russia's Jews present country as example of tolerance for Europe 04 June 2019, 18:48
- Remembrance of Great Patriotic War protects Russia from xenophobia, anti-Semitism - Putin 04 June 2019, 17:48
- Putin attends unveiling of monument to heroes of resistance in concentration camps 04 June 2019, 17:41
- Russian Muslim community plays major role in combating extremist ideology - PM Medvedev 04 June 2019, 11:28
- Putin notes Russian Muslims' contribution to peoples' unity, fight against extremism 04 June 2019, 11:25