12 September 2018, 16:26
Tajik authorities see no need for religious party in country
Dushanbe, September 12, Interfax - The Tajik authorities oppose the existence in the country of an Islamic party, the presidential Center for Islamic Studies said in a statement issued in connection with the creation in Warsaw of a coalition of four opposition parties after the collapse of the Party of Islamic Revival banned in Tajikistan.
"Now that the situation in the country is peaceful and calm and the country's socio-economic development is stable there is no need for the existence and work of a political religious party, and its natural disappearance seems quite legitimate," the center said in its statement.
"The remainders of the divided Party of Islamic Revival, who have formed so-called groups Organization of Free-Thinking Tajiks, Process of Reform and Development of Tajikistan, Association of Central Asian Migrants in the European Union and the like, are now trying to spread slanderous statements before the next annual meeting of the OSCE ODIHR in Warsaw. The division of the party into four groups can be regarded as long waited-for good news," the statement said.
"Such Islamic ideology now does not have any significance in the political context of Europe. It lost its force after the dissemination of Islamic radicalism and extremism in some countries of the Middle East and intensification of the activity of terrorist groups on the territory of the European Union," the center said.
"Various EU structures are flirting with such terrorist and extremist organizations, which present themselves as victim of the fight for justice and opposition," the center said in its statement.
- Ukrainian Metropolitan Onufry refuses to receive Constantinople's exarchs 24 September 2018, 11:08
- Ukrainian Church (Moscow Patriarchate) to see parallel institution set up by Constantinople as schismatic - chancellor 24 September 2018, 11:05
- About 1 billion rubles were collected for building the main church of Russian Military Forces 21 September 2018, 18:29
- Serbian Orthodox Church opposes Constantinople's claim to determine Ukrainian Church's future 21 September 2018, 16:57
- Moscow lacks at least 20 synagogues 21 September 2018, 13:13
- Metropolitan Onufry is Ukraine's sole canonical Orthodox leader - Jerusalem Church's exarch 20 September 2018, 18:45
- Jehovah's Witnesses detained in Perm 20 September 2018, 15:23
- Poroshenko promises state protection for clergy, laity of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate who join unified local church 20 September 2018, 14:11
- Putin attends sanctification ceremony for foundation stone of military's main church at Patriot Park 20 September 2018, 10:00
- Russian Church to help Syria return to peaceful life - Patriarch Kirill 19 September 2018, 10:00
- Putin, Erdogan didn't discuss conflict between Russian Orthodox Church, Constantinople – Peskov 18 September 2018, 12:23
- Constantinople exarch in Kiev collects works of Ukrainian nationalists 18 September 2018, 10:20
- Constantinople's exarch says willing to cooperate with "Kiev Patriarchate" 17 September 2018, 19:01
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls Constantinople policy mean 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion recommends Constantinople to form "one local Church in America" 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses U.S. of deliberately destroying Russian Orthodox Church 17 September 2018, 11:32
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarchate of Constantinople status might be reviewed 14 September 2018, 21:55
- Patriarch Kirill's spokesman likens state of Moscow-Constantinople relations with yellow traffic light 14 September 2018, 21:53
- Moscow Patriarchate suspends mentioning of Patriarch Bartholomew in prayers at church services 14 September 2018, 21:48
- Constantinople Patriarchate has no right to interfere in Ukrainian church affairs - Metropolitan Onufry 14 September 2018, 15:29
- Constantinople has 'tradition' of encouraging schisms in Russian Orthodox Church - Patriarch Kirill 14 September 2018, 15:14
- Moldovan president proposes outlawing gay prides 14 September 2018, 14:31
- Kremlin following current session of Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church - Peskov 14 September 2018, 14:23
- UOC official believes most of its parishioners won't leave for Constantinople's "autocephaly" 14 September 2018, 09:43
- Russian Orthodox Church Holy Synod to hold extraordinary meeting on Sept 14 13 September 2018, 20:55
- Situation surrounding Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Kiev is state's brutal interference in Church affairs - Russian Foreign Ministry 13 September 2018, 17:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion meets with apostolic nuncio to Russia 13 September 2018, 14:07
- Greece's visa denial to Metropolitan Varsonofy scandalous - Moscow Patriarchate 13 September 2018, 13:06
- Constantinople's actions can result in a schism in Orthodoxy, exceeding the Great Schism of 1054, Russian church official says 13 September 2018, 13:03
- The Russian Orthodox Church urges UOC believers to unite around Metropolitan Onufry 13 September 2018, 11:53