12 September 2018, 11:28
Washington stands behind Constantinople's actions in Ukraine - historian
Moscow, September 12, Interfax - Director of the Katehkon analytic center historian Mikhail Yakushev expresses an opinion that the USA intelligence services stand behind Fanar's actions on providing autocephaly to Ukrainian schismatics.
"I think that keys to this conflict belongs neither to Moscow, nor to Fanar, nor to Kiev. They could be found in "Washington regional committee", which opposing elder Filofey's guidelines tries to act as "the forth Rome" in order to divide and rule not only in political, but also in church life of Orthodox Churches," Yakushev writes in his article posted by Interfax-Religion.
The historian noted that "starting to split two Orthodox peoples after USSR collapse, "the Washington committee" has recently developed echeloned attack on the Moscow Patriarchate dividing its Ukrainian Orthodox Church, driving a wedge between the "New" and the "Third" Rome and making a death blow at universal Orthodoxy".
According to the expert, the Russian Orthodox Church should wait for the final position of Fanar on the matter and then announce a complex of prepared "response and decisive measures based on the diplomatic principal of reciprocity."
Yakushev believes that the Moscow Patriarchate could announce the Constantinople Church schismatic and stop communicating with it.
- Ukrainian Metropolitan Onufry refuses to receive Constantinople's exarchs 24 September 2018, 11:08
- Ukrainian Church (Moscow Patriarchate) to see parallel institution set up by Constantinople as schismatic - chancellor 24 September 2018, 11:05
- About 1 billion rubles were collected for building the main church of Russian Military Forces 21 September 2018, 18:29
- Serbian Orthodox Church opposes Constantinople's claim to determine Ukrainian Church's future 21 September 2018, 16:57
- Moscow lacks at least 20 synagogues 21 September 2018, 13:13
- Metropolitan Onufry is Ukraine's sole canonical Orthodox leader - Jerusalem Church's exarch 20 September 2018, 18:45
- Jehovah's Witnesses detained in Perm 20 September 2018, 15:23
- Poroshenko promises state protection for clergy, laity of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate who join unified local church 20 September 2018, 14:11
- Putin attends sanctification ceremony for foundation stone of military's main church at Patriot Park 20 September 2018, 10:00
- Russian Church to help Syria return to peaceful life - Patriarch Kirill 19 September 2018, 10:00
- Putin, Erdogan didn't discuss conflict between Russian Orthodox Church, Constantinople – Peskov 18 September 2018, 12:23
- Constantinople exarch in Kiev collects works of Ukrainian nationalists 18 September 2018, 10:20
- Constantinople's exarch says willing to cooperate with "Kiev Patriarchate" 17 September 2018, 19:01
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls Constantinople policy mean 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion recommends Constantinople to form "one local Church in America" 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses U.S. of deliberately destroying Russian Orthodox Church 17 September 2018, 11:32
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarchate of Constantinople status might be reviewed 14 September 2018, 21:55
- Patriarch Kirill's spokesman likens state of Moscow-Constantinople relations with yellow traffic light 14 September 2018, 21:53
- Moscow Patriarchate suspends mentioning of Patriarch Bartholomew in prayers at church services 14 September 2018, 21:48
- Constantinople Patriarchate has no right to interfere in Ukrainian church affairs - Metropolitan Onufry 14 September 2018, 15:29
- Constantinople has 'tradition' of encouraging schisms in Russian Orthodox Church - Patriarch Kirill 14 September 2018, 15:14
- Moldovan president proposes outlawing gay prides 14 September 2018, 14:31
- Kremlin following current session of Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church - Peskov 14 September 2018, 14:23
- UOC official believes most of its parishioners won't leave for Constantinople's "autocephaly" 14 September 2018, 09:43
- Russian Orthodox Church Holy Synod to hold extraordinary meeting on Sept 14 13 September 2018, 20:55
- Situation surrounding Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Kiev is state's brutal interference in Church affairs - Russian Foreign Ministry 13 September 2018, 17:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion meets with apostolic nuncio to Russia 13 September 2018, 14:07
- Greece's visa denial to Metropolitan Varsonofy scandalous - Moscow Patriarchate 13 September 2018, 13:06
- Constantinople's actions can result in a schism in Orthodoxy, exceeding the Great Schism of 1054, Russian church official says 13 September 2018, 13:03
- The Russian Orthodox Church urges UOC believers to unite around Metropolitan Onufry 13 September 2018, 11:53