02 August 2018, 12:32
Moldova preparing for Patriarch Kirill's visit
Chisinau, August 2, Interfax - Moldovan President Igor Dodon has suggested that Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia should visit the Gagauz autonomous region and the city of Balti during his upcoming visit to Moldova.
Dodon wrote on his Facebook page on Thursday that he had discussed this possibility with Metropolitan Vladimir of Chisinau and All Moldova.
According to Dodon, he and Metropolitan Vladimir "discussed organizational steps as part of hosting the World Congress of Families, and also the upcoming visit by Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, who is expected to come to Moldova within the next few months."
"I suggested that Patriarch Kirill should visit the city of Comrat [the administrative center of the Gagauz autonomous region in southern Moldova] and also the city of Balti [Moldova's second largest city, located in the northern part of the country] for the first time," the president said.
Patriarch Kirill will attend the World Congress of Families, which will be held in Chisinau on September 13-16 under the aegis of the Moldovan president, Dodon said. The forum is expected to involve around 2,000 people, including known experts, political figures, and public opinion leaders from more than 50 countries.
Patriarch Kirill has already visited Moldova twice in his capacity as head of the Russian Orthodox Church - in October 2011 and September 2013. He also travelled to the Transdniestrian region during his last visit.
- Most Russians believe there are forces trying to undermine traditional spiritual values - poll 20 August 2018, 17:42
- Militant attacks in Chechnya aimed at disrupting Eid al-Adha celebrations - Kadyrov 20 August 2018, 16:10
- Tajik president urges citizens to be modest, vigilant 20 August 2018, 15:14
- A prayer about dogs and cats to held in the church near Moscow on the World Day of Protection of Homeless Animals 17 August 2018, 12:33
- Check of leader of Jewish movement Shahar for extremism might have to do with social media post - lawyer 13 August 2018, 17:28
- Teen suspected of setting fire to church in Karelia to be evaluated for sanity 13 August 2018, 14:29
- Teenage Satanist suspected of setting fire to wooden church in Karelia 13 August 2018, 12:58
- Police checking leader of Jewish movement in Russia for extremism - lawyer 10 August 2018, 20:53
- Russian Foreign Ministry asks Greek embassy for explanations on problems with issuing visas to priests 10 August 2018, 10:43
- St. Petersburg resident sentenced to 5 years in prison for preparing Kazan Cathedral terror attack 10 August 2018, 10:40
- Activists set up organization to protect rights of Orthodox believers in Eastern Europe 07 August 2018, 13:58
- Greece not issuing long-term visas to Russian priests - Russian patriarch's ex-spokesman 07 August 2018, 13:12
- Meeting of Moscow, Constantinople patriarchs will prove futility of efforts to split church - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 06 August 2018, 18:01
- Russia to memorialize 20 Holocaust execution sites 06 August 2018, 17:56
- Agenda of meeting between patriarchs Kirill, Bartholomew in works - Russian Orthodox Church 06 August 2018, 14:49
- Priest visits Oleg Sentsov in prison 06 August 2018, 14:05
- Patriarchs Kirill, Bartholomew to meet in Istanbul on Aug 31 06 August 2018, 13:45
- Moldova preparing for Patriarch Kirill's visit 02 August 2018, 12:32
- Poroshenko dismissed an official who promised him autocephaly to the Day of Russia's Baptism - media 02 August 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill appoints Grigory Antyufeyev acting general director of Sofrino (updated) 30 July 2018, 14:46
- No searches being conducted at Sofrino - source 30 July 2018, 12:38
- Patriarch Kirill removes long-term church administrator Parkhayev from all posts 30 July 2018, 12:35
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry estimates number of participants in so-called Kiev Patriarchate's procession as 65,000 people 28 July 2018, 17:47
- Poroshenko sees Russian Orthodox Church as threat to Ukraine 28 July 2018, 16:15
- Putin sees Christianization of Kievan Rus as start of Russia's statehood 28 July 2018, 14:29
- Putin joins religious procession marking 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Kievan Rus in Moscow 28 July 2018, 14:24
- Poroshenko joins schismatics' procession marking 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus in Kiev 28 July 2018, 12:56
- Russian Orthodox Church to resist attempts to separate Ukrainian Orthodox Church from it - Patriarch Kirill 28 July 2018, 09:07
- About 250,000 attend cross procession in Kiev - organizers 27 July 2018, 17:38
- Kiev cross procession begins 27 July 2018, 14:22