30 May 2018, 11:03
Metropolitan of Kishinev urged authorities not to allow marches of sex minorities
Moscow, May 30, Interfax - Metropolitan Vladimir of Kishinev and All Moldavia requested the president, head of the parliament and prime minister to ban marches of sexual minorities in the country.
The metropolitan stressed that according to article eight of the law about meetings, the authorities have right not to allow actions violating public morals, rights and freedom of other people. He reminded that according to Article 48 of the Moldavian Constitution "a family is based on a marriage between a man and a woman made on their mutual agreement, on their equal rights and their right and duty to bring up and educate children."
"Nevertheless, the LGBT march was held, hundreds policemen were attracted to provide security. This immoral action was a new provocation of society that sticks to moral vertical in the spirit of Christian teaching. Though the Metropolitanate didn't urge religious community to come out against the March without Fear, numerous citizens demonstrated their own will and come out to a peaceful protest with songs and prayers about repentance," Metropolitan Vladimir wrote.
According to him, hundreds of peaceful protesters suffered from policemen, including women and children. "They were beaten with rubber batons, stopped with tear gas, applied physical violence against them and dispersed them. Policemen destroyed several icons and tore robes of several clerics, they inflicted not only physical, but also moral and psychological harm," the metropolitan said.
On May 19, members of LGBT community and their allies, including foreigners, held a march of sexual minorities in Kishinev. First time for the years of holding such actions its participants managed to go all the route along one of the central streets in Kishinev. According to the police, about 500 people participated in it.
Representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church tried to interrupt the march, but dense police cordons did not let them in order to avoid clashes. Not long ago Metropolitan Vladimir condemned the march and asked Kishinev administration to ban it. A week earlier, the Orthodox Church held a march in protection of family values. President Igor Dodon with his family participated in it and spoke for traditional family and Orthodox values.
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57
- Patriarch Kirill proposes mentioning God in Constitution 02 February 2020, 19:02
- Orthodox society active at Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem still has no info on property transfer to Russia 31 January 2020, 15:14
- Activities of Jehovah's Witnesses stopped in Komi 31 January 2020, 15:11
- Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia doing important work preserving truth about war - Putin 29 January 2020, 14:08
- Conditions for Jewish community comfortable in Russia - Rabbi Lazar 29 January 2020, 14:07