16 April 2018, 10:17
Head of House of Romanov suggests waiting patiently for results of comprehensive analysis of "Yekaterinburg remains"
Madrid, April 16, Interfax - The head of the Russian Imperial House Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna Romanova is ready to wait patiently until the Church has recognized the authenticity of the supposed remains of the last Russian tsar.
"The position of the Russian Imperial House remains invariable. One must wait patiently until the Church has found sufficient ground for the recognition. No need for haste in this matter. Reverence for the royal family does not depend on a presence or absence of the remains," Grand Duchess Maria said in an interview with Interfax when asked if there were any changes on the subject of "the Yekateriburg remains."
An error would be unacceptable here, she said. "Of course, if the authenticity is proved, this would be a big joy. But in a case like this, there should be no mistaking and no cheating of people," the grand duchess said.
"I and the Holy Patriarch Kirill inform one another of the latest data and are awaiting the results of the comprehensive analysis of this matter," she said.
In January this year the patriarch of Moscow and all Russia offered reassurances that experts analyzing the supposed remains of the family of the last Russian emperor would finish work on time.
"The testing will finish when it will be finished by specialists and when they say: here are the results of all tests. No one is deliberately protracting this process, but nor is anyone deliberately rushing the scientists who are trying to provide exhaustive answers to constantly arising questions," Patriarch Kirill said in an Christmas message on Rossiya-1 television channel on January 7.
- Authorities give up plans to build church in Yekaterinburg park after VCIOM poll 22 May 2019, 18:49
- Nalchik mosque evacuated after bomb threat 22 May 2019, 17:33
- Teen suspected of setting fire to Assumption Church in Karelia found to have mental disorder 22 May 2019, 15:57
- Provocative behavior of migrants causes nationalism, anti-Islamic terrorism - Bortnikov 21 May 2019, 11:05
- Bomb threat at Dagestan Muslim Spiritual Council HQ turns out to be hoax 21 May 2019, 11:04
- Ukrainian embassy's 'Crimean Tatars' photo is actually Lodz ghetto Jews deportation photo 21 May 2019, 11:02
- Fence at church construction site in Yekaterinburg to be torn down for peace's sake 21 May 2019, 11:01
- Muslim board evacuated in Makhachkala due to bomb threat 20 May 2019, 19:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Ukraine's president Zelensky successes in uniting nation 20 May 2019, 18:44
- Zelensky's words on unacceptability of Ukraine's division based on language should also apply to religion - Lavrov 20 May 2019, 16:40
- President is not an icon - Zelensky 20 May 2019, 14:25
- Patriarch Kirill calculated that without abortions population of Russia will increase up to 166 million in twenty years 20 May 2019, 14:07
- Media review: "Two-headed hydra of Ukrainian schism and the world Orthodoxy" 20 May 2019, 12:22
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on new Ukrainian authorities to stop discriminating against Russian language 20 May 2019, 11:13
- Sverdlovsk regional administration to invite people to discuss alternative sites for church construction in Yekaterinburg 20 May 2019, 11:02
- Three more arrested after Yekaterinburg church construction protest 17 May 2019, 18:53
- Yekaterinburg authorities had dialogue with residents on church before Putin said poll needed - Peskov 17 May 2019, 18:51
- Yekaterinburg mayor to meet with group of protesters against church construction in public garden 17 May 2019, 13:42
- Thirty arrested in protests against church construction in Yekaterinburg 17 May 2019, 10:59
- Opponents of building church in Yekaterinburg hurl smoke charges near Moscow patriarch's residence 16 May 2019, 22:28
- Opponents of building church again meet in downtown Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 19:43
- Communications Ministry: 1,300 families give up TV for religious reasons 16 May 2019, 18:40
- Potential Dalai Lama visit needs separate discussion - Putin 16 May 2019, 18:38
- Yekaterinburg mayoral office agrees to hold independent poll on building church in city square 16 May 2019, 18:33
- Police report detention of further 70 protesters against Yekaterinburg church construction 16 May 2019, 18:19
- Putin proposes polling residents on Yekaterinburg church construction 16 May 2019, 18:17
- Law enforcers responded to provocation during Yekaterinburg protest, use of force justified - Peskov (updated) 16 May 2019, 13:44
- Kremlin denies rumors that church construction in Yekaterinburg part of big construction plan 16 May 2019, 13:17
- Moscow mayor's office doesn't allow LGBT pride parade, rallies 16 May 2019, 11:18
- Court arrests over 20 participants in protest against new church in Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 11:15