07 March 2018, 12:53
Searchers in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev related to possible illegal actions of certain citizens, rather than center itself - prosecutor's office
Kiev, March 7, Interfax - The Kiev prosecutor's office has pointed out that investigative measures at the Islamic Cultural Center were taken on the basis of court's rulings and in compliance with the Ukrainian Criminal Procedural Code and are aimed at detecting possible illegal actions of certain citizens rather than against activities of the center in general.
"Information spread by some media on the alleged persecution of religious organizations by the [Kiev] prosecutor's office is not true. Investigative measures taken at the premises of a religious center on March 6 took place on the basis of rulings of Kiev's Podolsky District Court and in strict compliance with the requirements of the Ukrainian Criminal Procedural Code," the press service for the Kiev prosecutor's office said.
In particular, all investigative measures were recorded on video, took place in the presence of witnesses to the search and with due consideration to the center's internal rules.
"Investigative measures were aimed at detecting and exposing possible illegal actions of certain citizens and are by no means related to activities of the center as a non-governmental or religious organization," the press service said.
As reported, in the early morning on Tuesday, the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) conducted searches at the premises of a non-governmental organization in Kiev and Poltava due to the possible dissemination of the content promoting violence. Searches were conducted as part of the criminal case on the counts of import, production or distribution of the content promoting the cult of violence and cruelty.
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's Bishop Gedeon deported from Ukraine over his appeal to U.S. Congress - Russian Orthodox Church 14 February 2019, 16:40
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church bishop stopped at Kiev airport deported to U.S. 14 February 2019, 16:30
- No grounds so far to reconsider stance on Jehovah's Witnesses - Russian Justice Ministry 14 February 2019, 12:17
- Russian courts' ban on Jehovah's Witnesses founded - Justice Ministry 13 February 2019, 11:53
- Russian Orthodox Church's Asian exarch assumes office created in response to Constantinople's actions 13 February 2019, 11:46
- OCU bishop's visit exposes weakness of Patriarch Bartholomew's positions - Russian Orthodox Church 13 February 2019, 11:41
- Senior Athos clergy decline photo-op with new Ukrainian church bishop 13 February 2019, 11:35
- Jehovah's Witnesses not persecuted for belief, penalized for illegal activity - Lebedev 12 February 2019, 15:44
- Revision of Jehovah's Witnesses case possible in event of ECHR's decision - Lebedev 12 February 2019, 15:41
- U.S. authorities may punish Orthodox Church in America due to stance on Ukraine - Russian MP 12 February 2019, 13:44
- Expert speaks against imprisoning Jehovah's Witnesses in order not to create them a halo of martyrs 12 February 2019, 10:16
- Unknown individuals attempt to set church in Ukraine's Nikolayev Region on fire 12 February 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on Athos not to have communion with Ukraine's new church 11 February 2019, 12:47
- Shoigu: 33 mln photos of war veterans to decorate road to church in Patriot Park 11 February 2019, 11:59
- Another 2 Athos monasteries refuse to host bishop of new Ukrainian church 11 February 2019, 11:55
- Athos monks moving to Russian monastery in protest against communication with new Ukrainian church 11 February 2019, 11:01
- Bishop of Ukraine’s new church was not allowed to Russian monastery on Athos 11 February 2019, 10:58
- Ukrainian Constitutional Court to consider constitutionality of law on changing subordination of religious organizations 11 February 2019, 10:43
- Hierarch of a new Ukraine’s church celebrates his first liturgy on Athos 08 February 2019, 17:48
- Jehovah's Witnesses implicated in 100 cases in Russia 08 February 2019, 16:49
- Jehovah's Witnesses' right to practice religion stipulated in Constitution shouldn't be restricted - HRC head 07 February 2019, 18:09
- Jehovah's Witnesses use prison term of the Danish citizen to blacken Russia - expert on sects 07 February 2019, 17:59
- Jehovah's Witnesses situation difficult, issue to be discussed - Peskov (updated) 07 February 2019, 13:27
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses group in Mordovia detained 07 February 2019, 12:48
- Kazakh Senate speaker speaks against hijabs in schools 07 February 2019, 11:37
- Criminal case opened against Jehovah's Witnesses followers in Khanty-Mansi Autonomous District 07 February 2019, 10:27
- EU demands that Russia immediately free Danish Jehovah's Witness sentenced for extremism 07 February 2019, 10:24
- Lawyers appeal sentence of Dane convicted for organizing Jehovah's Witnesses community in Oryol 06 February 2019, 18:32
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church bishop asks U.S. to protect parishioners 06 February 2019, 18:25
- Danish citizen gets 6 years in penal colony for organizing Jehovah's Witnesses community in Oryol 06 February 2019, 16:49