07 March 2018, 12:53
Searchers in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev related to possible illegal actions of certain citizens, rather than center itself - prosecutor's office
Kiev, March 7, Interfax - The Kiev prosecutor's office has pointed out that investigative measures at the Islamic Cultural Center were taken on the basis of court's rulings and in compliance with the Ukrainian Criminal Procedural Code and are aimed at detecting possible illegal actions of certain citizens rather than against activities of the center in general.
"Information spread by some media on the alleged persecution of religious organizations by the [Kiev] prosecutor's office is not true. Investigative measures taken at the premises of a religious center on March 6 took place on the basis of rulings of Kiev's Podolsky District Court and in strict compliance with the requirements of the Ukrainian Criminal Procedural Code," the press service for the Kiev prosecutor's office said.
In particular, all investigative measures were recorded on video, took place in the presence of witnesses to the search and with due consideration to the center's internal rules.
"Investigative measures were aimed at detecting and exposing possible illegal actions of certain citizens and are by no means related to activities of the center as a non-governmental or religious organization," the press service said.
As reported, in the early morning on Tuesday, the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) conducted searches at the premises of a non-governmental organization in Kiev and Poltava due to the possible dissemination of the content promoting violence. Searches were conducted as part of the criminal case on the counts of import, production or distribution of the content promoting the cult of violence and cruelty.
- Russian Orthodox Church official comments on patriarch's stance on 'Yekaterinburg remains' 18 July 2018, 17:20
- First Orthodox monastery opens in Japan 17 July 2018, 18:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 48,000 euros to Pussy Riot members over 2012 'punk prayer' case 17 July 2018, 13:27
- Russian Church takes notice of findings of new expert examination of imperial family remains – Legoyda (updated) 16 July 2018, 18:06
- Autocephaly is pillar of Ukrainian state - Poroshenko 16 July 2018, 17:33
- Moscow Patriarchate bishop dies in Athos 16 July 2018, 16:28
- Remains found near Yekaterinburg belong to Nicholas II, family - Russian Investigative Committee (updated) 16 July 2018, 12:23
- Memory of tragic death of imperial family to help rethink history - patriarch 16 July 2018, 10:11
- Patriarch visits Church on the Blood in Yekaterinburg 13 July 2018, 18:49
- Patriarch Kirill to lead 21-km procession in memory of Nicholas II's family 12 July 2018, 22:18
- Prosecutor seeks 7 years in penal colony for 'God Kuzya' for creation of sect, fraud 11 July 2018, 17:39
- Unrest in Ganja provoked by separatists, religious radicals, opposition - Azerbaijani presidential aide 11 July 2018, 14:29
- Imperial Orthodox Society denies connection to expulsion of Russian diplomats from Greece 11 July 2018, 13:37
- Putin again goes to Valaam Monastery 11 July 2018, 13:17
- Attempts of Russians to gain influence on Mount Athos resulted in diplomatic scandal - media 11 July 2018, 13:10
- Police clear protesters from chancellery of head of Armenian Church 10 July 2018, 17:57
- Patriarch Kirill, representatives of Constantinople Church discuss preserving inter-Orthodox unity 09 July 2018, 17:12
- Constantinople's response to Ukrainian Church's request for autocephaly to follow canonical logic - Russian Church official 09 July 2018, 13:24
- Church not planning to recognize authenticity of tsar's remains for 100th anniversary of killing of Nicholas II, family 09 July 2018, 13:16
- Onboard church started functioning at the Aurora cruiser first time after 1917 06 July 2018, 17:23
- Quarter-ton cakes to be baked in Kalmykia for Dalai Lama the 14th birthday 06 July 2018, 13:06
- Protesters break into Etchmiadzin Monastery, demand resignation of Armenian catholicos 06 July 2018, 12:42
- Constantinople Church never laid claim to Ukrainian Metropolitanate taken over by Russian Orthodox Church in 17th century – theologian 06 July 2018, 12:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not recommend to marry adherents of other religious traditions at backgrounds of the Mundial 02 July 2018, 13:55
- The House of Romanov official: expertise of the ‘Yekaterinburg remains’ is not completed 02 July 2018, 11:00
- Rumors about temporary nature of transferring the Metropolitanate of Kiev to the Moscow Patriarchate 300 years ago have no confirmation - Metropolitan Hilarion 29 June 2018, 13:55
- Delegation of the Constantinople Patriarchate will come to Moscow on July 9 for discussing the topic of Ukrainian autocephaly 29 June 2018, 13:16
- Legitimization of Ukrainian schism could cause bloodshed - Moscow Patriarchate 28 June 2018, 16:50
- After Istanbul visit, Ukrainian Orthodox Church hierarchs dismiss rumors of Constantinople Patriarchate's intention to grant autocephaly 26 June 2018, 19:07
- The hunting control service believes bears in Murmansk 'learned' the schedule of church feasts 26 June 2018, 18:33