11 October 2017, 18:59
Homes of suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir members searched in Bakhchisarai
Simferopol, October 11, Interfax - The homes of suspected members of the Hizb ut-Tahrir organization (banned in Russia) have been searched in Bakhchisarai, Crimea, an informed source told Interfax on Wednesday.
"The homes of Marlen [Suleyman] Asanov, Timur Ibragimov, Server Zekiryaev, Ernest Ametov, Seyran Saliyev, and Memet Belyalov have been searched. One of those men is the father of 12 children," the source said.
Several men were taken away after the searches, he said.
"I have not been allowed into the searched areas. I will try to meet with my client [Asanov] at the FSB office," lawyer Emil Kurbedinov told Interfax.
The Federal Security Service (FSB) department in the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol said on Wednesday that it had stopped the activity of the Bakhchisarai cell of the Hizb ut-Tahrir international terrorist organization and charged its six members with organizing and participating in the activity of a terrorist group.
Suspected organizers and members of Hizb ut-Tahrir groups were arrested in Crimea's Sevastopol, Yalta, Bakhchisarai, and Simferopol in 2015 and 2016.
"The Sevastopol four" have already been convicted. One of them, Ruslan Zeitullayev, was sentenced to 15 years in prison. The defendants pleaded not guilty and said their trial was politically motivated.
The primary objective of Hizb ut-Tahrir is establishing a caliphate, a theocratic state to unite the entire Islamic world.
The Russian Supreme Court branded Hizb ut-Tahrir a terrorist organization in 2003 and outlawed its activity in Russia.
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29
- President and patriarch opens a monument to victims of repressions in Moscow 31 October 2017, 10:52
- Patriarch Kirill fears total control over people via gadgets 31 October 2017, 10:28