22 September 2017, 10:00
Suspect confesses to having torched cars outside office of "Matilda" director's lawyer
Moscow, September 22, Interfax - One of the men held in connection with setting cars on fire outside the office of the lawyer of the film director Alexey Uchitel has made a full confession, an Interfax correspondent said.
"I did commit the crime," Alexander Bayanov told the Khamovniki court of Moscow which is deciding on his restraining measure.
According to the court files read out by the investigator, Bayanov is being charged with causing intentional property damage or destruction.
His lawyer also said that her client had "admitted the guilt in full."
Konstantin Dobrynin wrote on his Facebook page on September 11 that unidentified arsonists had set a car on fire outside the office of Pen&Paper, a legal firm, on Starokonyushenny Lane in Moscow. Visible in the photos attached to the post are pieces of paper saying: "Burn for Matilda."
Police opened a criminal investigation into the intentional damage property after two cars, one Honda and one Mercedes, were burned outside the office.
Dobrynin later formally asked Federal Security Service (FSB) Director Alexander Bortnikov to investigate Christian State for terrorism. Dobrynin asked Bortnikov in his letter to take note of Kalinin's interview, published in the online publication Meduza, which, in Dobrynin's view, contains remarks justifying violence and destruction of property with the aim of having Matilda banned.
Matilda's official release is scheduled for October 26. The film deals with the relationship between future Russian Emperor Nicholas II and ballerina Matilda (Matylda) Krzesinska. The film gained publicity long before its release. State Duma deputy Natalya Poklonskaya has particularly strongly opposed its showing and distribution.
- African patriarch predicts great future to Orthodoxy on his continent 08 December 2017, 10:59
- OSCE should take principled stance on discrimination against Christians in Middle East, effectively defend their rights - Lavrov 08 December 2017, 10:21
- Over 120 churches were destroyed in Syria during the war - Patriarch John of Antioch 07 December 2017, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill pays special attention to inter-church relations between Russia and the USA on the background of complicated relations between the countries 07 December 2017, 17:53
- Russia may attend urgent OIC summit on Jerusalem as observer 07 December 2017, 15:10
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital the restoration of justice 07 December 2017, 12:02
- Patriarch Kirill invites American pilgrims to Russia 07 December 2017, 10:14
- Patriarch of Antioch thanks Lavrov for Russia's efforts to settle Syrian crisis 05 December 2017, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill hopes church division in Ukraine can be overcome 05 December 2017, 11:29
- Russia to help Christian, Muslim, Jewish refugees to return to Syria - Putin 05 December 2017, 10:41
- Head of "Kiev Patriarchate" ready to meet with Patriarch Kirill 04 December 2017, 11:42
- Moscow Patriarchate still open to dialogue with Filaret Denisenko - spokesperson 02 December 2017, 15:41
- Putin expects Russian Orthodox Church to continue cooperation with state 02 December 2017, 11:59
- Autocephaly is goal of Kiev Patriarchate - Filaret 01 December 2017, 19:00
- Anathema doesn't cause Filaret concern 01 December 2017, 18:56
- Putin hopes that Russian Orthodox Church will help intl efforts to revive Syria 01 December 2017, 18:23
- Old Believers of Moscow Patriarchate ask for own bishop 01 December 2017, 18:18
- Putin hopes that Russian Orthodox Church will help intl efforts to revive Syria 01 December 2017, 18:16
- Russian Jews insist that tsar killing not be called 'ritual killing' 01 December 2017, 18:12
- Dialogue on reconciliation with Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kiev Patriarchate was initiated by Russian Orthodox Church through its Church Abroad 01 December 2017, 17:46
- Filaret: Ukrainian church will never go back to Moscow Patriarchate 01 December 2017, 17:41
- Metropolitan Hilarion denies Filaret's letter to Kirill written on Moscow Patriarchate's initiative 01 December 2017, 15:00
- There are no plans for meeting between Patriarch Kirill and head of "Kiev patriarchate" - Metropolitan Hilarion 01 December 2017, 14:58
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church denies that Filaret's letter to Patriarch Kirill contained request for autocephaly 01 December 2017, 14:55
- "Kiev Patriarchate"'s spokesperson rejects info on Filaret's repentance letter with Russian Orthodox Church's Bishops' Council 30 November 2017, 22:17
- "Kiev Patriarchate"'s leader Filaret asks Patriarch Kirill to pardon him, bring him back to church's fold 30 November 2017, 22:13
- Putin to deliver speech at Bishops' Council on Friday 30 November 2017, 17:49
- Tashkent imam proposes death penalty for extremists 30 November 2017, 11:41
- Putin discusses Orthodox Church's contribution to consolidation of society, ethnic peace 30 November 2017, 10:20
- Russian Church will help Syria all it can with post-war problems - Patriarch Kirill 30 November 2017, 10:18