20 July 2017, 18:03
A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week
St. Petersburg, July 20, Interfax - Almost 200,000 believers went on a pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the first days of their presence in the city.
According to the press center for the operative headquarters for the bringing of the holy relics, the number of pilgrims increased in the course of the past week. Some 13,000 people went on pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the first days and over 33,000 people came to the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the Alexander Nevsky Lavra on Wednesday.
A total of 182,000 people went on pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the past seven days.
According to earlier reports, the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker, which arrived in the city on July 13, will remain in St. Petersburg until July 28.
According to earlier reports, almost two million pilgrims visited the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker during their presence in Moscow in the period between May 21 and July 12.
The reliquary brought to Russia from Bari, Italy, contains part of the left rib.
Prior to this, the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker had never left the city of Bari in 930 years. An agreement to bring the holy relics to the churches of the Russian Orthodox Church was reached following the historic meeting between Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and the Pope. Parts of the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker are located in some churches in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region on a regular basis.
- Russian Jews call on Trump to suppress anti-Semitic outbreaks in U.S. 16 August 2017, 19:29
- State Duma dubs U.S. Dept of State's report on oppression of religious minorities in Russia as unprofessional 16 August 2017, 10:11
- Russia tops list of countries by emigration to Israel 16 August 2017, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill, Vatican state secretary to discuss Ukraine situation 16 August 2017, 10:00
- Number of Russian Muslims to undertake hajj increases by 3,000, to 23,500 people, this year 11 August 2017, 13:38
- Priest from Yevpatoria asks to set up a nudist beach in Crimea 10 August 2017, 10:51
- March of the Living to be held in Rostov region to commemorate Jews massacred by Nazi 09 August 2017, 10:00
- Erdogan to attend OIC summit in Astana 08 August 2017, 15:09
- Protestant pastor jailed for 3 years for extremism in Tajikistan 08 August 2017, 10:17
- Priest detained in Vitebsk brothel to be temporary banned from ministry - Russian Orthodox Church 08 August 2017, 10:14
- Russian Jews appalled by reproaches of trying to monetize Holocaust tragedy 08 August 2017, 10:00
- Head of Russian old believers does not believe in overcoming schism with the Moscow Patriarchate 07 August 2017, 13:53
- Over 100 Georgian prisoners imprisoned in Istanbul demand to set up a corner for prayers 07 August 2017, 11:12
- Russian MP congratulates Georgian patriarch on his name day in Tbilisi – media 04 August 2017, 12:15
- Govt prioritizes stronger inter-ethnic, inter-religious accord – Putin 03 August 2017, 15:23
- FJCR President welcomes law on the Victory Day adopted by the knesset 28 July 2017, 14:10
- Kremlin receives no notice from Kadyrov on readiness to resign as Chechnya head to defend Al-Aqsa Mosque 28 July 2017, 13:26
- Kadyrov suggests holy sites on Temple Mount be returned under Jordan's control 28 July 2017, 10:31
- Israeli ambassador to Russia hopes Moscow to support security measures on Jerusalem's Temple Mount 26 July 2017, 18:19
- Russia could assume role in resolving conflict around Temple Mount in Jerusalem - Palestinian ambassador 26 July 2017, 17:12
- Israel commits to preserve full access to holy places in Jerusalem - ambassador to Russia 26 July 2017, 17:07
- FJCR convinced that scandal surrounding Temple Mount is anti-Semites' work 25 July 2017, 18:38
- Almost 80% of Russians approve of Jehovah's Witnesses ban in country – poll 25 July 2017, 10:00
- A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week 20 July 2017, 18:03
- LGBT problem doesn't exist in Chechnya - Russian envoy to OSCE 20 July 2017, 10:05
- Washington urges Russia to lift ban on Jehovah's Witnesses' activities 20 July 2017, 10:00
- Kazakhstan not planning to ban Jehovah's Witnesses - minister 19 July 2017, 17:35
- The Ecumenical Patriarch called the Donbass conflict a "fratricidal war" and prayed for peace in Ukraine 19 July 2017, 13:32
- Jehovah's Witnesses intent to appeal with ECHR against ruling to abolish organization – lawyer 18 July 2017, 10:04
- Russian Supreme Court refuses to invalidate ban imposed on Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia 18 July 2017, 10:00