20 July 2017, 18:03
A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week
St. Petersburg, July 20, Interfax - Almost 200,000 believers went on a pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the first days of their presence in the city.
According to the press center for the operative headquarters for the bringing of the holy relics, the number of pilgrims increased in the course of the past week. Some 13,000 people went on pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the first days and over 33,000 people came to the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the Alexander Nevsky Lavra on Wednesday.
A total of 182,000 people went on pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the past seven days.
According to earlier reports, the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker, which arrived in the city on July 13, will remain in St. Petersburg until July 28.
According to earlier reports, almost two million pilgrims visited the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker during their presence in Moscow in the period between May 21 and July 12.
The reliquary brought to Russia from Bari, Italy, contains part of the left rib.
Prior to this, the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker had never left the city of Bari in 930 years. An agreement to bring the holy relics to the churches of the Russian Orthodox Church was reached following the historic meeting between Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and the Pope. Parts of the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker are located in some churches in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region on a regular basis.
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57