25 June 2017, 16:10
The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia accuses mufti Gainutdin of spreading anti-Semite myths
Moscow, June 25, Interfax - The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia criticizes celebration of Al Quds (the day of solidarity with Palestinians) in cathedral mosque of Moscow.
"In his Friday sermon for parishioners head of the Russian Council of Muftis mufti Ravil Gainutdin repeats various myths spread in frames of the so-called new anti-Semitism, which focuses on demonization of Israel, claiming that Muslims of Israel live "at gunpoint of Israeli soldiers" and do not have free access to Al-Aqsa mosque, "on criminal claims" of Israelis on land, which has never belonged to them," FJCR head of Public Relations Boruch Gorin told journalists on Sunday.
Gainutdin also urged "to stop the bloodshed, which during decades takes lives from peaceful citizens, women, old people, children in Palestine."
"It's a pity that the respected mufti repeats old and long ago disproved anti-Semite myths. If he had personally visited Israel as mufti Albir Krganov did several years ago, he would have seen that in Jerusalem first time for two thousand years all its residents and coming pilgrims have access to their shrines," Gorin said.
As to terrorism, according to the interviewee of the agency, "it is not Muslims, but Jews, and mostly not soldiers, but women, children and children suffer from it."
The FJCR spokesman reminded that the Al Quds day was established in 1979 by Iranian leader Ayatollah Khomeini in frames of the campaign on struggling against "Zionism."
According to Gorin, Iran paid good subsidies to families of terrorists "thus attracting new recruits for committing terrorist acts as the way to provide financial support to their relatives."
"Such celebrations and speeches are rather dangerous. People listen to religious leaders, people confide in them, and that is why they should be maximally careful about any of their public speeches. And voiced words can sow the seeds of hatred in souls of parishioners of the Moscow mosque and even help these seeds "grow" shattering interethnic and interconfessional peace in Russia," the Federation of Jewish Communities official believes.
- Patriarch Kirill tells Anglican leader about Ukraine's religious freedom violations 21 November 2017, 18:14
- Medvedev notes Patriarch Kirill's efforts in consolidating multi-million-person Russian world 21 November 2017, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill calls on film, stage industry not to rock boat of human passions 21 November 2017, 10:00
- Nikita Belykh allowed church wedding in detention 20 November 2017, 17:38
- Million signatures for protecting children from the moment of conception will be conveyed to the Kremlin administration 20 November 2017, 16:30
- Patriarch of Georgia will baptize 670 children on St. George Day 20 November 2017, 16:28
- Jewish leader thanks Patriarch Kirill on his birthday for "colossal" contribution to developing inter-religious relations 20 November 2017, 16:26
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26