09 June 2017, 10:17
Three extremists spreading radical Islam ideas convicted in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, June 9, Interfax - Two active propagators of religious extremism ideas were sentenced to three and seven years, their accomplice was sentenced to two years and six months of correctional labor in Uzbekistan's Ferghana Region, a representative of the court in the city of Margilan said.
"For spreading materials with extremism-related content forbidden in the republic Gairatzhon Pakhriddinov is sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, Khatiyatillo Kamolov to three years, Abdumalik Khasanov is sentenced to two years and six months of correctional labor with 20% of salary deducted in favor of the state," the court representative told Interfax.
The investigation has established that Pakhriddinov has received from his acquaintance a disk with the recordings of statements issued by Jihadism ideological leader Abdulloh kori, he said. Having transferred the materials to a laptop, he began to actively spread it among his acquaintances and family members and has arranged their home screening.
Third defendant in the case Khasanov has also passed Pakhriddinov religious extremism materials, which were illegally transported on a disk by his woman family member from Kyrgyzstan. The disk contained radical Islamism follower Rafik kori Kamalov' recordings.
During the special operation employees of the national security service and the law enforcement agencies have detained all of the three extremists. During the search at Pakhriddinov's home a laptop, which contained different religious materials, has been discovered and seized.
The examination revealed that they were aimed at toppling the current constitutional order in Uzbekistan and contained a threat to public safety and order in the republic. At the same time, similar materials are forbidden for delivery and spreading in the country by the legislation.
- Patriarch tells Jordanian king about reason for meeting with pope 15 February 2018, 18:32
- Land for building a church in Portugal allotted to the Russian Orthodox Church 14 February 2018, 19:09
- Azerbaijani religious leaders to discuss Aliyev in sermons before election 14 February 2018, 16:55
- Patriarch Kirill meets with Abbas, favors preserving Jerusalem's special status 14 February 2018, 13:12
- Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis haven't planned new meeting - Metropolitan Hilarion 12 February 2018, 18:23
- The Russian Church considers the Kremlin list as direct pressure of the USA on Russian authorities and electorate 12 February 2018, 14:42
- Chief rabbi of Russia - against initiative of Poland law-makers to punish for wording 'Polish death camps' 12 February 2018, 11:30
- Church School of Post-Graduate and Doctoral Studies obtained state accreditation in Russia 09 February 2018, 18:02
- Ukrainian Security Service initiates a case against UOC priest for a post with St. Georgy ribbon in Facebook 09 February 2018, 17:23
- Quotas for tourists visiting St. Basil’s cathedral can be introduced after 2019 09 February 2018, 13:05
- Russian pro-lifer thanks Trump for struggling against abortions 09 February 2018, 11:34
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the repose of Russian pilot Roman Filipov killed in Syria 09 February 2018, 11:21
- Patriarch Kirill speaks of 'unprecedented pressure' for purpose of compromising Russia's sports achievements 05 February 2018, 11:05
- Catalogue of Christian shrines destroyed in Syria compiled by Orthodox and Catholics will be represented in Vienna 02 February 2018, 17:28
- Russian society not ready for pope to visit - Catholic priest 02 February 2018, 14:22
- Patriarch Kirill blessed Russian Olympic athletes, urging them to mind personal responsibility before the country 01 February 2018, 16:54
- An ambulance was bought on money saved on flowers for Patriarch Kirill 01 February 2018, 14:49
- Putin to congratulate Patriarch Kirill on anniversary of his enthronement on Thursday 01 February 2018, 12:41
- Twelve held in south Kazakhstan for extremism propaganda on social media 01 February 2018, 10:49
- Attempts to deny Holocaust, belittle USSR's role in victory over Nazis must be foiled - Putin 29 January 2018, 18:12
- Russian Jews call on Poland to allow Russia's participation in building Sobibor memorial 26 January 2018, 18:04
- Patriarch Kirill alarmed by spread of cryptocurrencies 25 January 2018, 17:19
- Cooperation with secular universities makes Islamic education 'fundamental' - Putin 25 January 2018, 17:04
- Russia without future if it follows Europe's example in issues of religion - Deputy Speaker Tolstoy 25 January 2018, 17:00
- Priest Grozovsky's lawyers file appeal in child abuse case 25 January 2018, 15:35
- Govt to continue supporting Islamic education – Putin 25 January 2018, 11:23
- Putin stresses importance of development of Russian Islamic theological school 25 January 2018, 11:22
- Patriarch Kirill says many people in the West lay their hopes on Putin 24 January 2018, 17:50
- UN, OSCE, EU should react to harassment of canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Lavrov 24 January 2018, 17:29
- Epiphany bathing held at the pole of cold in Yakutia at 63 degrees below zero 19 January 2018, 16:34