05 June 2017, 14:49
First hearing of priest Grozovsky case to be held on June 13
St. Petersburg, June 5, Interfax - A preliminary hearing of the child molestation case involving priest Gleb Grozovsky will be held in the Priozyorsk City Court of the Leningrad region on June 13.
Relevant information was released by the court on Monday. The case will be heard by Judge Lyudmila Yashina.
According to media reports, the criminal case may be heard by the Leningrad region's court located in St. Petersburg because of the remodeling work done in the cell from which the priest is to be taken to the court hearing in Priozyorsk.
The Investigative Committee's Main Investigations Directorate for St. Petersburg reported on the completion of the investigation into the Grozovsky case on June 2.
According to earlier reports, Grozovsky was taken from Moscow to St. Petersburg on September 17, 2016 after being extradited from Israel to Russia. He was charged with sexual crimes against three schoolgirls. The criminal case is being investigated based on Article 132 of the Russian Criminal Code (child molestation).
According to the investigators, Grozovsky, who was a clergyman of the Ascension (Sophia) Cathedral in Tsarskoye Selo, molested several children younger than 14 on the territory of an Orthodox children's camp located on the island of Konevets, Priozyorsk District of the Leningrad Region. According to the information possessed by the investigators, Grozovsky committed the same crimes in June 2013 on the territory of Greece in the Philadelphia Orthodox children's camp. Because Grozovsky hid from prosecution, he was arrested in absentia and put on the international wanted persons list in October 2013.
The priest was suspended from service for the period of the investigation.
- African patriarch predicts great future to Orthodoxy on his continent 08 December 2017, 10:59
- OSCE should take principled stance on discrimination against Christians in Middle East, effectively defend their rights - Lavrov 08 December 2017, 10:21
- Over 120 churches were destroyed in Syria during the war - Patriarch John of Antioch 07 December 2017, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill pays special attention to inter-church relations between Russia and the USA on the background of complicated relations between the countries 07 December 2017, 17:53
- Russia may attend urgent OIC summit on Jerusalem as observer 07 December 2017, 15:10
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital the restoration of justice 07 December 2017, 12:02
- Patriarch Kirill invites American pilgrims to Russia 07 December 2017, 10:14
- Patriarch of Antioch thanks Lavrov for Russia's efforts to settle Syrian crisis 05 December 2017, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill hopes church division in Ukraine can be overcome 05 December 2017, 11:29
- Russia to help Christian, Muslim, Jewish refugees to return to Syria - Putin 05 December 2017, 10:41
- Head of "Kiev Patriarchate" ready to meet with Patriarch Kirill 04 December 2017, 11:42
- Moscow Patriarchate still open to dialogue with Filaret Denisenko - spokesperson 02 December 2017, 15:41
- Putin expects Russian Orthodox Church to continue cooperation with state 02 December 2017, 11:59
- Autocephaly is goal of Kiev Patriarchate - Filaret 01 December 2017, 19:00
- Anathema doesn't cause Filaret concern 01 December 2017, 18:56
- Putin hopes that Russian Orthodox Church will help intl efforts to revive Syria 01 December 2017, 18:23
- Old Believers of Moscow Patriarchate ask for own bishop 01 December 2017, 18:18
- Putin hopes that Russian Orthodox Church will help intl efforts to revive Syria 01 December 2017, 18:16
- Russian Jews insist that tsar killing not be called 'ritual killing' 01 December 2017, 18:12
- Dialogue on reconciliation with Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kiev Patriarchate was initiated by Russian Orthodox Church through its Church Abroad 01 December 2017, 17:46
- Filaret: Ukrainian church will never go back to Moscow Patriarchate 01 December 2017, 17:41
- Metropolitan Hilarion denies Filaret's letter to Kirill written on Moscow Patriarchate's initiative 01 December 2017, 15:00
- There are no plans for meeting between Patriarch Kirill and head of "Kiev patriarchate" - Metropolitan Hilarion 01 December 2017, 14:58
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church denies that Filaret's letter to Patriarch Kirill contained request for autocephaly 01 December 2017, 14:55
- "Kiev Patriarchate"'s spokesperson rejects info on Filaret's repentance letter with Russian Orthodox Church's Bishops' Council 30 November 2017, 22:17
- "Kiev Patriarchate"'s leader Filaret asks Patriarch Kirill to pardon him, bring him back to church's fold 30 November 2017, 22:13
- Putin to deliver speech at Bishops' Council on Friday 30 November 2017, 17:49
- Tashkent imam proposes death penalty for extremists 30 November 2017, 11:41
- Putin discusses Orthodox Church's contribution to consolidation of society, ethnic peace 30 November 2017, 10:20
- Russian Church will help Syria all it can with post-war problems - Patriarch Kirill 30 November 2017, 10:18