19 May 2017, 14:49
Ukrainian ambassador summoned to Vatican regarding Rada's intention to pass bills on status of church organizations
Moscow, May 19, Interfax - Ukrainian Ambassador to the Vatican Tatyana Izhevskaya was summoned to an audience regarding the upcoming adoption by the Verkhovnaya Rada of two bills that the Russian Orthodox Church considers to be anti-church ones, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate said.
"For the information of Ukrainian Verkhovnaya Rada deputies. The Vatican is concerned about the possibility of adoption of [Bills] 4128 and 4511. Our ambassador of Ukraine to the Vatican was summoned. The Vatican fully agrees with the position voiced by Roman Catholic Bishop Stanislav Shyrokoradyuk on this matter," Archpriest Nikolay Danilevich, deputy chairman of the Department for External Church Relations of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, said on his Facebook account.
Bishop Stanislav Shyrokoradyuk of the Kharkov and Zaporozhye Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church, earlier criticized the said laws, which the Rada expected to debate on Thursday, but the debate was eventually postponed.
Bill №4511 gives special status to religious organizations "whose administrative centers are located in a state recognized by the Verkhovnaya Rada as an aggressor state." The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate has repeatedly said it sees this document as discriminatory and jeopardizing its communities on the territory of Ukraine.
Bill №4128 gives people belonging to a church community the right to change its charter by voting by simple majority, which the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate believes will lead to the legalization of raiding takeovers of its churches and their transfer to the self-proclaimed "Kiev Patriarchate".
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia accuses mufti Gainutdin of spreading anti-Semite myths 25 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Muslims provide humanitarian assistance to Syria 25 June 2017, 16:01
- Putin in congratulation on Eid al-Fitr speaks of Muslims' role in maintaining civil peace, accord 25 June 2017, 15:56
- Thousands of Muslims mark Eid al-Fitr in Moscow Cathedral Mosque 25 June 2017, 15:52
- Almost million worshippers bowed to holy remains of St. Nicholas in Moscow 23 June 2017, 11:50
- Moscow City Hall denies authorization for gay pride parade, rally in support of ECHR decision on law banning gay propaganda 22 June 2017, 18:06
- Aliyev repeals ban on religious activity of citizens trained abroad 22 June 2017, 15:30
- Georgian president calls discussion of restoration of monarchy 'strange PR move' 21 June 2017, 17:50
- Amur Region resident sentenced for hosting meetings of banned religious association 21 June 2017, 17:21
- Dodon to go to Mount Athos on vacation 21 June 2017, 17:14
- Number of those who want to be Orthodox priests has significantly grown in Russia 21 June 2017, 15:13
- Aliyev deems social justice to be best protection from religious radicalism 21 June 2017, 10:51
- Russia doesn't persecute LGBT but bans forcing this orientation on children – Lavrov 21 June 2017, 10:14
- Kremlin to look into ECHR judgment on law banning gay propaganda amongst minors, waits to see details 20 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR judgment on Russian law banning gay propaganda amongst minors 20 June 2017, 13:28
- Radicalization of Kyrgyz nationals rooted in disregard of religion issues by previous administration - Kyrgyz Security Council secretary 20 June 2017, 13:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 50,000 euros to Russian LGBT community activists 20 June 2017, 13:10
- Georgian patriarch proposes constitutional monarchy 19 June 2017, 10:24
- Kiev gay pride parade participants set upon by group of men three hours after event 19 June 2017, 10:13
- Two policemen sustain minor injuries during LGBT pride parade in Kiev 19 June 2017, 10:02
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate remains one of the largest religious organizations in Ukraine - Culture Ministry 14 June 2017, 16:38
- Russia faces Ukraine's resistance in returning St. Alexander representation in Jerusalem 14 June 2017, 11:51
- Russian Church Abroad calls to support its Bethany school for Arabian girls 14 June 2017, 11:38
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Islamic countries can resolve all of their disagreements peacefully – Aliyev 13 June 2017, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate takes measures to protect from hacker attacks 13 June 2017, 12:26
- New army church consecrated in Kyrgyz airbase 13 June 2017, 12:06
- Siberian Old Believers teach Chinese offices to survive in taiga 13 June 2017, 10:00
- Nazarbayev hopes Islamic world can reach understanding soon 09 June 2017, 11:02