19 May 2017, 14:49
Ukrainian ambassador summoned to Vatican regarding Rada's intention to pass bills on status of church organizations
Moscow, May 19, Interfax - Ukrainian Ambassador to the Vatican Tatyana Izhevskaya was summoned to an audience regarding the upcoming adoption by the Verkhovnaya Rada of two bills that the Russian Orthodox Church considers to be anti-church ones, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate said.
"For the information of Ukrainian Verkhovnaya Rada deputies. The Vatican is concerned about the possibility of adoption of [Bills] 4128 and 4511. Our ambassador of Ukraine to the Vatican was summoned. The Vatican fully agrees with the position voiced by Roman Catholic Bishop Stanislav Shyrokoradyuk on this matter," Archpriest Nikolay Danilevich, deputy chairman of the Department for External Church Relations of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, said on his Facebook account.
Bishop Stanislav Shyrokoradyuk of the Kharkov and Zaporozhye Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church, earlier criticized the said laws, which the Rada expected to debate on Thursday, but the debate was eventually postponed.
Bill №4511 gives special status to religious organizations "whose administrative centers are located in a state recognized by the Verkhovnaya Rada as an aggressor state." The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate has repeatedly said it sees this document as discriminatory and jeopardizing its communities on the territory of Ukraine.
Bill №4128 gives people belonging to a church community the right to change its charter by voting by simple majority, which the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate believes will lead to the legalization of raiding takeovers of its churches and their transfer to the self-proclaimed "Kiev Patriarchate".
- Memory of tragic death of imperial family to help rethink history - patriarch 16 July 2018, 10:11
- Patriarch visits Church on the Blood in Yekaterinburg 13 July 2018, 18:49
- Patriarch Kirill to lead 21-km procession in memory of Nicholas II's family 12 July 2018, 22:18
- Prosecutor seeks 7 years in penal colony for 'God Kuzya' for creation of sect, fraud 11 July 2018, 17:39
- Unrest in Ganja provoked by separatists, religious radicals, opposition - Azerbaijani presidential aide 11 July 2018, 14:29
- Imperial Orthodox Society denies connection to expulsion of Russian diplomats from Greece 11 July 2018, 13:37
- Putin again goes to Valaam Monastery 11 July 2018, 13:17
- Attempts of Russians to gain influence on Mount Athos resulted in diplomatic scandal - media 11 July 2018, 13:10
- Police clear protesters from chancellery of head of Armenian Church 10 July 2018, 17:57
- Patriarch Kirill, representatives of Constantinople Church discuss preserving inter-Orthodox unity 09 July 2018, 17:12
- Constantinople's response to Ukrainian Church's request for autocephaly to follow canonical logic - Russian Church official 09 July 2018, 13:24
- Church not planning to recognize authenticity of tsar's remains for 100th anniversary of killing of Nicholas II, family 09 July 2018, 13:16
- Onboard church started functioning at the Aurora cruiser first time after 1917 06 July 2018, 17:23
- Quarter-ton cakes to be baked in Kalmykia for Dalai Lama the 14th birthday 06 July 2018, 13:06
- Protesters break into Etchmiadzin Monastery, demand resignation of Armenian catholicos 06 July 2018, 12:42
- Constantinople Church never laid claim to Ukrainian Metropolitanate taken over by Russian Orthodox Church in 17th century – theologian 06 July 2018, 12:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not recommend to marry adherents of other religious traditions at backgrounds of the Mundial 02 July 2018, 13:55
- The House of Romanov official: expertise of the ‘Yekaterinburg remains’ is not completed 02 July 2018, 11:00
- Rumors about temporary nature of transferring the Metropolitanate of Kiev to the Moscow Patriarchate 300 years ago have no confirmation - Metropolitan Hilarion 29 June 2018, 13:55
- Delegation of the Constantinople Patriarchate will come to Moscow on July 9 for discussing the topic of Ukrainian autocephaly 29 June 2018, 13:16
- Legitimization of Ukrainian schism could cause bloodshed - Moscow Patriarchate 28 June 2018, 16:50
- After Istanbul visit, Ukrainian Orthodox Church hierarchs dismiss rumors of Constantinople Patriarchate's intention to grant autocephaly 26 June 2018, 19:07
- The hunting control service believes bears in Murmansk 'learned' the schedule of church feasts 26 June 2018, 18:33
- A bell-tower that can be managed from a cellular phone opened in Yamal 26 June 2018, 17:21
- The Gorno-Altaysk archbishop dived to the bottom of a lake 26 June 2018, 17:18
- Russian MP Gavrilov elected president of General Assembly of Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy 26 June 2018, 17:13
- The Georgian Church against legalizing marijuana 25 June 2018, 17:10
- Russian LGBT activists contest in ECHR bans on gay pride parades in 118 cities 25 June 2018, 14:58
- The Museum of Ball opened in Sochi is decorated with frescoes painted by church artists 20 June 2018, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of UN Secretary-General to harmful for humanity consequences of giving up traditional morals 20 June 2018, 17:10