18 May 2017, 10:33
Russia - Islamic World group seeking consultative status with UN
Kazan, May 18, Interfax - The Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group comprised representatives of about three dozen of countries is planning to obtain the consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, Rustam Minnikhanov, Republic of Tatarstan president and the group's chairman, said.
"It's important to point out that we have submitted documents to the United Nations to obtain the consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council, which will allow us to speak at the global level and share experience and suggestions with colleagues from all over the world," Minnikhanov's press service cited him as saying at a meeting of the Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group in Grozny on Wednesday.
Third meeting of the group is taking place in Grozny on May 16-18. Heads of republics of the North Caucasian Federal District, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, as well as representatives of about three dozens of neighboring countries and beyond, are participating in the meeting.
The main subject for the discussion is prospects of economic cooperation Russia and the Muslim states.
"The issues of elaborating on the measures of countering the increasing security threats based on traditional spiritual values accumulated by Islam and other world religions will be discussed at the event as well," the press service said.
Following the conclusion of the events in Grozny, guests and participants of the group will arrive in Tatarstan to participate in the 9th Russia - Islamic World Kazansummit 2017 international economic summit and Izge Bolgar Zhyene events (celebrations on the occasion of Volga Bulgaria's conversion to Islam in 922 held in the ancient city of Bolgar, in Tatarstan's Spassky District) on May 18.
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia accuses mufti Gainutdin of spreading anti-Semite myths 25 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Muslims provide humanitarian assistance to Syria 25 June 2017, 16:01
- Putin in congratulation on Eid al-Fitr speaks of Muslims' role in maintaining civil peace, accord 25 June 2017, 15:56
- Thousands of Muslims mark Eid al-Fitr in Moscow Cathedral Mosque 25 June 2017, 15:52
- Almost million worshippers bowed to holy remains of St. Nicholas in Moscow 23 June 2017, 11:50
- Moscow City Hall denies authorization for gay pride parade, rally in support of ECHR decision on law banning gay propaganda 22 June 2017, 18:06
- Aliyev repeals ban on religious activity of citizens trained abroad 22 June 2017, 15:30
- Georgian president calls discussion of restoration of monarchy 'strange PR move' 21 June 2017, 17:50
- Amur Region resident sentenced for hosting meetings of banned religious association 21 June 2017, 17:21
- Dodon to go to Mount Athos on vacation 21 June 2017, 17:14
- Number of those who want to be Orthodox priests has significantly grown in Russia 21 June 2017, 15:13
- Aliyev deems social justice to be best protection from religious radicalism 21 June 2017, 10:51
- Russia doesn't persecute LGBT but bans forcing this orientation on children – Lavrov 21 June 2017, 10:14
- Kremlin to look into ECHR judgment on law banning gay propaganda amongst minors, waits to see details 20 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR judgment on Russian law banning gay propaganda amongst minors 20 June 2017, 13:28
- Radicalization of Kyrgyz nationals rooted in disregard of religion issues by previous administration - Kyrgyz Security Council secretary 20 June 2017, 13:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 50,000 euros to Russian LGBT community activists 20 June 2017, 13:10
- Georgian patriarch proposes constitutional monarchy 19 June 2017, 10:24
- Kiev gay pride parade participants set upon by group of men three hours after event 19 June 2017, 10:13
- Two policemen sustain minor injuries during LGBT pride parade in Kiev 19 June 2017, 10:02
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate remains one of the largest religious organizations in Ukraine - Culture Ministry 14 June 2017, 16:38
- Russia faces Ukraine's resistance in returning St. Alexander representation in Jerusalem 14 June 2017, 11:51
- Russian Church Abroad calls to support its Bethany school for Arabian girls 14 June 2017, 11:38
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Islamic countries can resolve all of their disagreements peacefully – Aliyev 13 June 2017, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate takes measures to protect from hacker attacks 13 June 2017, 12:26
- New army church consecrated in Kyrgyz airbase 13 June 2017, 12:06
- Siberian Old Believers teach Chinese offices to survive in taiga 13 June 2017, 10:00
- Nazarbayev hopes Islamic world can reach understanding soon 09 June 2017, 11:02