18 May 2017, 10:33
Russia - Islamic World group seeking consultative status with UN
Kazan, May 18, Interfax - The Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group comprised representatives of about three dozen of countries is planning to obtain the consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, Rustam Minnikhanov, Republic of Tatarstan president and the group's chairman, said.
"It's important to point out that we have submitted documents to the United Nations to obtain the consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council, which will allow us to speak at the global level and share experience and suggestions with colleagues from all over the world," Minnikhanov's press service cited him as saying at a meeting of the Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group in Grozny on Wednesday.
Third meeting of the group is taking place in Grozny on May 16-18. Heads of republics of the North Caucasian Federal District, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, as well as representatives of about three dozens of neighboring countries and beyond, are participating in the meeting.
The main subject for the discussion is prospects of economic cooperation Russia and the Muslim states.
"The issues of elaborating on the measures of countering the increasing security threats based on traditional spiritual values accumulated by Islam and other world religions will be discussed at the event as well," the press service said.
Following the conclusion of the events in Grozny, guests and participants of the group will arrive in Tatarstan to participate in the 9th Russia - Islamic World Kazansummit 2017 international economic summit and Izge Bolgar Zhyene events (celebrations on the occasion of Volga Bulgaria's conversion to Islam in 922 held in the ancient city of Bolgar, in Tatarstan's Spassky District) on May 18.
- Christian State leader released with travel restrictions 22 September 2017, 17:13
- Religious extremist from Tajikistan arrested in Kirov Region 22 September 2017, 17:08
- Suspect confesses to having torched cars outside office of "Matilda" director's lawyer 22 September 2017, 10:00
- Two Israeli pilgrims injured in Uman blast 21 September 2017, 18:25
- Even grassroots anti-Semitism is minimal in Russia – FJCR 21 September 2017, 18:00
- Christian State - Holy Russia leader detained again 21 September 2017, 16:38
- Uman State Council MP 'taxes a tribute' on trade points for Hassids - Ukraine Security Service 21 September 2017, 15:54
- Four detained over car arson near office of Matilda film director's lawyer - Russian Interior Ministry 21 September 2017, 15:48
- Christian State leader released after interrogation over car arson near office of Uchitel's lawyer 21 September 2017, 14:16
- Putin thanks Russian Jewish community leaders for defending historical truth 21 September 2017, 10:00
- Leader of Christian State Kalinin may be prosecuted for fomenting hostility - police source 20 September 2017, 18:29
- Putin congratulates Jews on Jewish New Year 20 September 2017, 18:26
- Putin expects that Jewish community will promote religious tolerance in Russia 20 September 2017, 15:57
- Three people suspected of setting fire to cars outside office of Matilda director's lawyer detained 20 September 2017, 14:21
- Kazakhstan plans to set up own school of Islamic studies 19 September 2017, 10:12
- Blogger Sokolovsky's lawyer contests sentence in Sverdlovsk region court 18 September 2017, 14:15
- Navalny's volunteer gets 2 years for religious affiliation 18 September 2017, 14:13
- Kadyrov publishes address by Chechen man imprisoned in Iraq calling on Muslims not to join ISIL 18 September 2017, 11:29
- Turkish terrorists lived in house of Georgian patriarch for several months - Rustavi 2 18 September 2017, 10:00
- Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia decide to cooperate to promote tolerance, counterterrorism 15 September 2017, 11:54
- Russian police ready to curb provocations, ensure security of Matilda film viewers 14 September 2017, 17:21
- Umayyad Mosque in Syria's Aleppo to be restored with Kadyrov Fund money 13 September 2017, 11:52
- FJCR building in suspected Molotov cocktail attack 13 September 2017, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witnesses ask Supreme Court to reverse ruling declaring them extremists 12 September 2017, 16:55
- Victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks commemorated in Moscow 12 September 2017, 12:04
- No more need for rallies supporting Myanmar Muslims – Kadyrov 11 September 2017, 10:33
- Over 100 people rallying in support for Myanmar's Muslims detained on Palace Square in St. Petersburg 11 September 2017, 10:06
- Erdogan urges Islamic countries to show determination in resolving Myanmar conflict 11 September 2017, 10:00
- Canada should be asked about reports on plans to take gays from Chechnya - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 13:48
- Pressure on Myanmar leadership only to escalate tensions - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 12:17